"Something went wrong." error whenever I complete a level

Umdytr

Just started the game and I get this PSN error whenever I beat a level. The message pops up twice in a row (i.e. I have to select 'OK' twice) and then I can continue playing, but it goes without saying that it's extremely annoying.

I tried deleting the game and reinstalling it, but it didn't solve the issue. Neither did restoring licenses. There's also the error code NP-103040-8 on the upper right corner of the error message, but as is usually the case with these codes, looking it up yielded no useful results.

I'm playing on PS5, if it matters. Does anyone know what could be causing this and/or a way to fix it? First time I've ever had this happen with any game.

• Like 1

Have you tried uninstalling the game, rebuilding the database, then reinstalling it? Also, is it installed on an internal Hard Drive or an internal one? I ask, because I have similar problem on the PS4 whenever certain games are installed on my external Hard Drive and the only fix is to move or reinstall it on the internal Hard Drive.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

I have the exact same issue. Deleting and redownloading the game didn't fix it either. I'm currently attempting my final no death run and found quitting to the map and seeing that message everytime annoying. However if you don't mind playing offline, then you probably won't see the message. At the very least that's what I've been doing and haven't seen it since.

2 hours ago, XxViPeRsXx said:

Saw this on the front page, but this is also happening whenever I start up Catherine: Full Bodied on my PS5. IDK how common this error is among PS4/PS5 games but it doesn't seem to be affecting gameplay rn?

I've also been getting an error every time I start up Catherine or have to restart a level since yesterday on PS4, must be a psn problem

I see, from what you guys are saying it might be a widespread issue for PS4 games which use the usual PSN loading/saving interface. None of the other games I'm playing recently have that, so I guess SMB happened to be the only one where I could have run into the issue.

Guess all that can be done is wait for it become a bigger deal and for Sony to sort it out. Thanks for the replies.

Edited by Umdytr
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Umdytr said:

Just started the game and I get this PSN error whenever I beat a level. The message pops up twice in a row (i.e. I have to select 'OK' twice) and then I can continue playing, but it goes without saying that it's extremely annoying.

I tried deleting the game and reinstalling it, but it didn't solve the issue. Neither did restoring licenses. There's also the error code NP-103040-8 on the upper right corner of the error message, but as is usually the case with these codes, looking it up yielded no useful results.

I'm playing on PS5, if it matters. Does anyone know what could be causing this and/or a way to fix it? First time I've ever had this happen with any game.

Me too I was playing super meat boy and I got this error say something was wrong like that’s the same thing as your popped up right I tried to the same thing but didn’t work that was like a few hours ago and I don’t know who Costas I tried to look up on YouTube and it didn’t show up the video I hope Sony fix this issue