Already frustrated with Breach, want to double-check on a few things

I'll admit a lot of this stems from having a pretty bad reception to the game after my first session playing it. Tried jumping into Breach ASAP only to be told the game needs to install with absolutely no way to know if the installing is progressing or not, jumped into single player only to be met with an unskippable recap that felt like like it took 10-15 minutes (I'm guessing the install happens here?), quit out, went back to Breach only to have to watch the Breach intro cutscene twice and then find out that it's just a mode loaded with a ton of microtransactions. By the time I started playing, I was already sort of tired of the game for the day and admittedly not willing to learn how stuff actually worked.

So now I'm going through it a bit... and I'm still confused? Just want to be sure I'm making use of all the resources I have available.

- For the Score/Time/Data challenges, none of these are mandatory correct? I have been going out of my way to complete the All Data ones when I can because the Firewall Keys seem somewhat important but I've only completed one time score and was disappointed with the reward and I'm not about to buy score multipliers unless I know I'll need them. To get the base game Breach trophies, I only need to complete every level?

- I guess I'm trying to grind towards being able to do the Infinite Energy/Health exploit ASAP? I don't have an alt account and I haven't gone out of my way to try any challenges yet. Is grinding credits viable at all solo or is it just way too slow? It doesn't help that these DarkNet files are taking away credits as well.

- I'm guessing I still need to get guns and praxis via RNG? I think I'm at the last mission for a DarkNet file and all I've got are the starting pistol and a rifle and needing to buy even just basic ammo seems scummy. Right now, I don't even really feel like health or energy what's making Breach difficult. It's the stupidly low amount of ammo I've got. Maybe I'm just missing something about the mode that's supposed to make it a lot easier?

27 minutes ago, GigaZettaSlow said:

I'll admit a lot of this stems from having a pretty bad reception to the game after my first session playing it. Tried jumping into Breach ASAP only to be told the game needs to install with absolutely no way to know if the installing is progressing or not, jumped into single player only to be met with an unskippable recap that felt like like it took 10-15 minutes (I'm guessing the install happens here?), quit out, went back to Breach only to have to watch the Breach intro cutscene twice and then find out that it's just a mode loaded with a ton of microtransactions. By the time I started playing, I was already sort of tired of the game for the day and admittedly not willing to learn how stuff actually worked.

So now I'm going through it a bit... and I'm still confused? Just want to be sure I'm making use of all the resources I have available.

- For the Score/Time/Data challenges, none of these are mandatory correct? I have been going out of my way to complete the All Data ones when I can because the Firewall Keys seem somewhat important but I've only completed one time score and was disappointed with the reward and I'm not about to buy score multipliers unless I know I'll need them. To get the base game Breach trophies, I only need to complete every level?

- I guess I'm trying to grind towards being able to do the Infinite Energy/Health exploit ASAP? I don't have an alt account and I haven't gone out of my way to try any challenges yet. Is grinding credits viable at all solo or is it just way too slow? It doesn't help that these DarkNet files are taking away credits as well.

- I'm guessing I still need to get guns and praxis via RNG? I think I'm at the last mission for a DarkNet file and all I've got are the starting pistol and a rifle and needing to buy even just basic ammo seems scummy. Right now, I don't even really feel like health or energy what's making Breach difficult. It's the stupidly low amount of ammo I've got. Maybe I'm just missing something about the mode that's supposed to make it a lot easier?

Don't feel bad no one really understood breach even the people that made it and even the glitch to make stuff easier is more hassle than it's honestly worth I don't know what they was smoking when they thought this up and thought it was good but I kinda want some it may help with understanding lol

• Like 1

If you want to breeze throught it just use glitch. Game was supposed to took multiple hours. Honestly today extracted all data from last stage that left. It look like microtransaction hell at the beginning and add viruses at some point but in the end its cycle that gives you all for almost free. Imho slow down time skill is useless and most important is masking. Expand all your inventory space as soon pop in 1 gun of your choice rest fill with energy kits. Mind that you can choose skill for your avatar and abilities for your gun, 1 slot for B gun 2 slots for A and 3 slots for S. Theres ability that will slow down drain of your energy when mag is empty really neet one. Best prizes are in Ghost servers.

Breach is essentially a puzzle mode using the mechanics of the main game. Save for some annoying boss fights, almost everything can be stealthed through with some trial and error.

The best thing you can do to make it easier for yourself is to use the exp grind method BEFORE you finish the first network and activate the enemy leveling system. Take note of the essential upgrades suggested in the guide below. Imo only 1-4 are truly essential, then 5-10 are massive quality of life upgrades for your stealth capabilities, and the rest are fluff. What really worked for me was also the ability to destroy drones via hacking, which is the easiest way to complete a certain level that requires you to kill several of them, as well as the projectile nanoblades for certain bosses, specifically one in the later Darknet files. You can comfortably get those, as well as most of 5-10, if you grind to around level 25 in the first network.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/296955-deus-ex-mankind-divided-–-breach-trophy-walkthrough/

Getting as many firewall key fragments as possible before finishing the first network would be a significant boon as well. Don't even bother with the score challenges, as they are entirely reliant on multipliers, but get 100% fragments on every level and watch some videos to do the time requirement when it's doable, which it won't be for all levels.

I would probably advise against using the infinite Energy exploit right off the bat, because it will cause the enemy levels to start skyrocketing with each mission. Instead if you stealth legit, the enemy levels will still be quite low if you complete each level only once (preferably getting 100% of the fragments in each), and beeline through only the missions necessary to get to the next network, so you can get the boss fights at the later networks out of the way somewhat easier. You won't need exceptional weapons this way, whatever guns and special ammo you get from the various loot nodes scattered throughout the networks should be enough to carry you.

53 minutes ago, GigaZettaSlow said:

Heres me taking out last prime in game on Network 4 with his defence security level set to MAX with just one mag of basic bullets. As NamoPH said this mode is puzzle look that I spend more time looking what codes or patches what abilities to use than actual map. Sorry all stuff in Polish language.

Well, I think I'm almost done with Breach now. The level grind definitely helped. Breach was honestly somewhat interesting for a bit after that. Stealthing around while doing energy management wasn't all that bad.

Of course, once the enemy buffs started getting more extreme in combination with any of those Prime enemy missions... Yeah, I kinda just gave in and used the infinite energy glitch towards the end of 3A (thank god I got an energy expansion).

And finally, might I just say, I hate Heavy Prime units. I'm pretty sure I didn't have any weapons to properly handle them so I literally just spent minutes cloaking around them and throw explosive boxes that took like a 1/10 of their health.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/16/2023 at 5:36 AM, RobinMaister said:

I’m new at the game. I have been playing breach mode, but since the last 4-5 days servers are unavailable and can’t play…this is usual?

something to solve it?

Ive been playing for a couple of days now and haven't had any major issues, except when my game froze trying to punch an enemy through a wall.