Warning for new players thinking about grinding this platinum

Gryfter

Progress is saved only when you finish missions and/or die. The worst is when you're grinding the revives and half an hour later, the game disconnects, losing your progress. I'm sure the Pruning and Boom trophies will be the same. 

Grinding Predator trophies wasn't as bad because the trophy claims are quick.

I get sometimes disconnects happen in public games but private solo matches? Seriously, WTF!?!??

These developers are so shit. First and last game of Illfonics I'll ever touch. 

Had I known about the disconnects, I wouldn't have bothered with this game. Nothing is more frustrating working on trophies than random disconnects to lose your progress. You have been warned. 

34 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Progress is saved only when you finish missions and/or die. The worst is when you're grinding the revives and half an hour later, the game disconnects, losing your progress. I'm sure the Pruning and Boom trophies will be the same. 

Grinding Predator trophies wasn't as bad because the trophy claims are quick.

I get sometimes disconnects happen in public games but private solo matches? Seriously, WTF!?!??

These developers are so shit. First and last game of Illfonics I'll ever touch. 

Had I known about the disconnects, I wouldn't have bothered with this game. Nothing is more frustrating working on trophies than random disconnects to lose your progress. You have been warned. 

So trophies can be earned in private? and how many people are required for everything?

49 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

So trophies can be earned in private? and how many people are required for everything?

All but 1 of the trophies can be earned in private but a few of those trophies will need at least 1 other person playing (1 Predator, 1 fire team). IIRC, there's 2 Predator ones that require a full 4 person human fire team. These can still be earned in the public mode but that requires a lot more skill.

The 1 that can't be earned in private is for playing 100 quick play public matches as a fire team member.

Don't recall the game having connection issues but it has been over a year since I last played and the updates might have broken something along the way. It's a grind but nowhere near as bad as their previous game - Friday the 13th. At least Predator still gets updates.

25 minutes ago, AgentSmiz said:

All but 1 of the trophies can be earned in private but a few of those trophies will need at least 1 other person playing (1 Predator, 1 fire team). IIRC, there's 2 Predator ones that require a full 4 person human fire team. These can still be earned in the public mode but that requires a lot more skill.

The 1 that can't be earned in private is for playing 100 quick play public matches as a fire team member.

Don't recall the game having connection issues but it has been over a year since I last played and the updates might have broken something along the way. It's a grind but nowhere near as bad as their previous game - Friday the 13th. At least Predator still gets updates.

I may start this in the future but I'm not exactly fond of needing several team mates I find that most people won't want to join up on multiplayer atleast for me getting the trophies in like Friday the 13th where I needed more than 2 people was like pulling teeth on someone without painkillers 

1 hour ago, AgentSmiz said:

There was a few times where the game disconnected right at the end mission report screen. I been trying to mitigate the issues by not reviving as much till the end of the missions but it's disconnected on me and the game app just booted me out of the game. There was an update yesterday so maybe something happened. The game is on version 2.49 right now. The update fixed...their PAID DLC issues, how skins weren't showing properly. Can't make this stuff up:

https://forum.predator.illfonic.com/t/patch-notes-2-49/30106

I'm on a PS5 with a direct hardwired connection so I doubt its a hardware issue. 

Edited by Gryfter

The last week and a half of playing I've never had more disconnections than the rest of my time playing. Glad I'm done with it now but every other game was disconnected. Even half way through the tutorial it disconnected which is strange because why does it need a connection for a tutorial?