Wow! Another one!

CB7Tuner91

13 minutes ago, JoeNDM said:

I'm glad this is happening and happens to every PS1/PSP classic that's already been released, but I'm also hoping it doesn't slow down the release of further emulated classics even further.

It's very doubtful it happens to every game. Both this and Super Stardust Portable are Sony published games and so far not a single non-Sony game has gotten trophies. I don't see third party games getting them

2 minutes ago, Mercenary09 said:

It's very doubtful it happens to every game. Both this and Super Stardust Portable are Sony published games and so far not a single non-Sony game has gotten trophies. I don't see third party games getting them

Not entirely true. Valkyrie Profile Lenneth (PSP) released with trophies, but it's not included with PS+.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think Sony probably realized by now that PS1/PSP classics that have trophy support generate more interest in PS+ Premium. Hopefully they keep doing this in the future. Also the list for this game looks much more involved than other recent classics, which is a welcome change.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Ssharif0402 said:

Yeah, I think Sony probably realized by now that PS1/PSP classics that have trophy support generate more interest in PS+ Premium. Hopefully they keep doing this in the future. Also the list for this game looks much more involved than other recent classics, which is a welcome change.

It’s interesting you say that. I would have agreed with you but apparently the top played classic so far is Toy Story 2, and the second is Tekken 2, both of which don’t have trophies. But who knows, maybe with trophies they’d have had even more plays. Either way I am glad Sony is putting trophies in most (soon hopefully all) of their games! ?

source

12 minutes ago, VeldinX said:

It’s interesting you say that. I would have agreed with you but apparently the top played classic so far is Toy Story 2, and the second is Tekken 2, both of which don’t have trophies. But who knows, maybe with trophies they’d have had even more plays. Either way I am glad Sony is putting trophies in most (soon hopefully all) of their games! 1f601.png

source

They're definitely bringing awareness and membership to + premium either way. I feel like trophies have always just been an afterthought in Sonys mind until recently.

Maybe the popularity of nonstop carpetbomb of shovelware with free plats recently, and having to make a statement about regulating them (even though they're not trying very hard) was a catalyst for Sony to take trophies more seriously and try ways to cash in on it directly, especially since the release of Playatation Stars?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

@Mercenary09 I wouldnts say itll never happen. If Sony has a small team working on these and they are using existing triggers to overlay these trophies. Then they could technically add them to third party games without needing access to the games code.

That makes sense as they have to add them 1 at a time in addition to whatever February games will be confirmed to have then as theres no reason no heroes allowed couldn't have had them added the same day as super stardust portable if both were requested to be updated around the same time. Its just that super stardust was the first to finish being approved while no heroes allowed probably took more effort to get the trophies tested and approved as its a significantly more complicated and longer game then super stardust since they didn't have any significant deadline for trophy support to be added like when the games were added to begin with.

7 hours ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

I cannot believe Sony is doing this! What a pleasant surprise. I could be wrong, but it seems like they have just figured out how to retroactively add trophies to these classics or they have heard the cries for trophies to be added to more of these games. Either way this makes me extremely happy to see. 1f601.png

Wish it'd happen to the Naruto PSP games, like Kizuna Drive/Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3.

11 hours ago, JoeNDM said:

I'm glad this is happening and happens to every PS1/PSP classic that's already been released, but I'm also hoping it doesn't slow down the release of further emulated classics even further.

As if they wont' do that anyway. PS2 games on PS4 died faster than Vita. 

3 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

The PS2-PS4 initiative was a separate thing unrelated in way way to Plus- whereas one of the few features of Premium are the release of classic titles. They absolutely can't just abandon it in the same way.

Dude, stop. They've had PS+ and PS Now for longer than they started to offer PS2 on PS4. Both services they could have used in conjunction with PS2 games. 

Remember where one of the features of PS+ was PS3 and PS Vita games. "that's different", is it? Nevermind the fact that adding games = more things for people to buy. And hey look, many of the PS2 games were on PS Now before they changed how that worked and they... are still there in the new COllection or whatever it's called. 

IF you think they will keep up the same energy when the people running PS don't even get why anyone would want to play old games and when the company wants to kill it's legacy content because it's such a bother to them that it exists, then lmao at you. Just keep me out of your fantasy. They dropped releasing classics on PS3. They dropped releasing classics on PS4. And they'll do the same once more. They can't even be bothered to commit to putting in trophies into all the games, and you think they'll bother to keep releasing them long term. lol lmao even.