Spring 2023 Backlog Challenge

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

@MidnightDragon I removed Dissidia Final Fantasy NT as I made too much progress on the game in the Winter Backlog Challenge and replaced it with Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart. I think this is better anyway if I want to do Final Fantasy XIV, that game is long enough already.

Here's the link to my initial post with all the games: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/138877-spring-2023-backlog-challenge/?do=findComment&comment=2712495

It hasn’t started yet, so you’re fine.

Forget everything I said. I decided that I'm going to make March the month that I get my 100th platinum, because my next three platinums will be the LEGO Marvel Collection, which is hell because Superheroes 2 is so bad. If I had known it had as many levels as LEGO Jurassic World and I'd be softlocked a lot, I'd have never have bought that game. :(

But anyways, here's is my final list, which includes the last five games I will platinum to get to Platinum #100:

1. Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom (just downloaded)
  2. Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery (just downloaded)
  3. Lost Grimoires 3: The Forgotten Well (PS4) (just downloaded)
  4. LEGO DC Super Villains (1%)
  5. World of Final Fantasy (9%)

EDIT: Might have jumped off the ball a bit - I didn't realize I was at 94 platinums until I platted LEGO Marvel's Avengers, so I will redact my statement about them being the last five platinums. xD

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, RoastedPeanut said:

@MidnightDragon regarding the one game with a completion between 33% and 50%, are we able to use one of our swaps once the challenge has commenced to switch it out for another game with a completion between 33% and 50% or that's not allowed?

Yeah, as long as it doesn’t go over 50%

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slicknick3822 said:

I won't be joining this season's as my fiancee and I's house should be done in March so we will be busy moving and landscaping. Good luck to everyone and I'll be reading to see what everyone's working on!

Good luck to you as well! I just got my little shed house two months ago after several months of living in my parent's guest room and we had to do most of the work. I hope you build a wonderful place for you and your future wife. ;)

Midnight, did you add me yet?

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

I think I will have to pull out of this one. My fiancé and I recently had a baby which has been absolutely amazing and where all of my attention is at the moment. Any free time I do get will just be spent playing Hogwarts Legacy.

Oof! I know how it is, my sister had two babies who are my lovely nieces and my mom and dad had to change their diapers since their mom and dad worked in a hospital, so I know how much attention infants are! Just focus on your new child and good luck as a new parent. ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

I think I will have to pull out of this one. My fiancé and I recently had a baby which has been absolutely amazing and where all of my attention is at the moment. Any free time I do get will just be spent playing Hogwarts Legacy.

Good luck to everyone! I'll pop in every now and then and check out people's progress. Maybe I'll join the next one!

Enjoy Hogwarts Legacy and the baby!

• Like 1

Two weeks until this challenge begins! Signups are open until the end of March if you’re still interested.

I likely won’t sign up myself since I’m not thinking it’ll work out. Likely only would have four for sure and I’m not about to break my own rules. 

Edited by MidnightDragon

23 minutes ago, be_minor said:

Signing up with a mixture of games I own and ones I have wishlisted from PS+. As always, I’ll update the list with accurate percentages before the challenge officially starts. Good luck to all participating! 

1. Biomutant - 1% 
  2. Child of Light 
  3. Dysmantle - 35% 
  4. Hogwarts Legacy - 2% 
  5. Omno 
  6. Spiritfarer 
  7. The Artful Escape 

Welcome aboard.

• Like 1

this is my list going to look like sorry for i said i dont join etc i like this challenge yakuza like a dragon 0% dark cloud 3% lego the hobbit 19% torchlight 2 6% yooka laylee 13% that is my list for this challenge if i can complete the games from the list then i add other games i can a add other games once i have done the games i read the rules 

3 minutes ago, Buff_Cupcake said:

Maybe make a single final decision the day before the event starts :) That way you'll be able to really be sure if you are able to join or not and you won't need to post back and forth between joining and not joining.

Some formatting of your list would be great too - It will help you keep track easier and it will be way easier for other participants to read too - Here - feel free to copy paste this:

• yakuza like a dragon 0%
  • dark cloud 3%
  • lego the hobbit 19%
  • torchlight 2 6%
  • yooka laylee 13%

alright thanks 

• yakuza like a dragon 0%
  • dark cloud 3%
  • lego the hobbit 19%
  • torchlight 2 6%
  • yooka laylee 13%                                                its a improved list now so i hope it read better because i use my phone to submit post 
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

I have chosen my list. It is large but most are moderately easy/short I think:

1. Marvel's Avengers - 4%
2. Hogwarts Legacy - 5%
3. Need for Speed Unbound - 8%
4. Bioshock 1 Remastered - 2%
5. Glass Masquerade 2 - 0%
6. Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice - 0%
7. Life is Strange - 0%
8. Murdered Soul Suspect - 0%
9. New Super Lucky's Tale - 10%
10. Persona 4 Dancing All Night - 0%
11. Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight - 0%
12. Seasons After Fall - 0%
13. Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishments - 0%
14. Spongebob Squarepants the Cosmic Shake - 10%
15. Tales from the Borderlands - 0%
16. The Last Campfire - 0%
17. The Last of Us Part II - 0%
18. Unravel - 0%
19. Back to the Future The Game - 0%
20. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - 0%
21. Bully - 0%
22. Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered - 0%
23. Chronos Before the Ashes - 0%
24. Danganronpa 1-2 Reload - 0%
25. Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning - 0%

And not part of the list will be my 100th platinum: Disney Classic Games just so I have a Lion King icon for my milestone. I'm not including it because I'll end up doing the in game exploits to get it because The Lion King is fricking difficult. 

Added. Good luck!

• Like 1

Have to make another change to my list, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion will no longer be eligible for my list as by the time this event starts, it will be way above 50%, possibly at 100%, and the PS5 version is just an autopop afterwards and therefore not eligible either. So I replaced it with Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren's Call. I'm sensing a pattern here, I replace more time-consuming games with less time-consuming ones. But it's alright, Final Fantasy XIV will still take way more than 1000 hours to complete. So I don't mind having more short games on the list.

List: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/138877-spring-2023-backlog-challenge/?do=findComment&comment=2712495

Edited by viech54
  • Like 2

I know the feeling, Viech. It's difficult to avoid playing games you have set for two weeks. It is taking a lot of effort to avoid opening up World of Final Fantasy or LEGO DC Super Villians for me. xD But I will tough it out. Luckily February only have 28 days so I just have to wait nine more days. ;)

Also, I hope you have PS+ because you will go insane having to skip through the first twenty minutes of gameplay for Nightmares from the Deep 2 just to get to the first puzzle if you fail to get the mahjong game done in under one minute. I had to reset multiple times because I am not great at mahjong and it took me over a minute to finish a puzzle. :(

On 2/17/2023 at 11:26 AM, Vulpine9Tails said:

And not part of the list will be my 100th platinum: Disney Classic Games just so I have a Lion King icon for my milestone. I'm not including it because I'll end up doing the in game exploits to get it because The Lion King is fricking difficult. 

I got my 100th platinum just yesterday, though it was a PS5 stack of one of my earliest platinums(Shantae and the Seven Sirens). No in game exploits so I had to do it all again, but the game has a great soundtrack so it's not a bad thing. (Seriously, the Labratory music just bops. ^_^)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

I know the feeling, Viech. It's difficult to avoid playing games you have set for two weeks. It is taking a lot of effort to avoid opening up World of Final Fantasy or LEGO DC Super Villians for me. xD But I will tough it out. Luckily February only have 28 days so I just have to wait nine more days. ;)

Also, I hope you have PS+ because you will go insane having to skip through the first twenty minutes of gameplay for Nightmares from the Deep 2 just to get to the first puzzle if you fail to get the mahjong game done in under one minute. I had to reset multiple times because I am not great at mahjong and it took me over a minute to finish a puzzle. :(

I'm somewhat confident I can complete Crisis Core in February, so it will count for the Winter Backlog Challenge. The game isn't that long, it might work out just fine. It's good that there's less work next week due to an unofficial holiday. Meaning the company I work at gives us half a day off on Tuesday and I will work from home, so no driving to/from work and more free time. WoFF takes a bit longer, wouldn't attempt it this month. Good luck, as you said, only nine more days.☺️

I have PS+ until 2027 or something, IDK, I bought a few more years when it was on sale last year. I never played Mahjong, this trophy can only go well on first try ;). No, probably not. Time to learn the Mahjong basics, then.