Spring 2023 Backlog Challenge

On 2/7/2023 at 8:08 PM, serrated-banner9 said:

well i kinda left halfway though the winter challenge mainly because i stopped making updates but i'm back, let's see if i can actually do something this time lol

THE LIST

1. The Swapper - 0%
  2. Thomas was Alone - 0%
  3. Drawful 2 - 0%
  4. Valiant Hearts: The great war
  5. Defence Grid 2

a good mix of quick ish ones (the swapper, Thomas was alone, Valiant Hearts) and more time-consuming ones (Drawful 2, Defence Grid 2)

changing Drawful 2 for Plague inc (currently at 10%) because i think that for drawful 2, you can't just have 8 tabs open at the same time to have 8 players lol

new list:

1. Plague Inc (10%)
  2. The swapper (0%)
  3. Thomas was alone (0%)
  4. Valiant Hearts: The great war (0%)
  5. Defense Grid 2 (0%)
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, beerwego said:

Hi All 

Back for more adventure with the following ;

Stray PS5 ..........0%

Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut PS5............0%

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter PS4..........0% 

Lego DC Super Villains PS4 ........43%

The Quarry PS5..   ...0%

Time to finish Lego DC Supervillains from the winter challenge and then dive into PS + games I've held off until now 

Beer we go again. :P Added

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, StilRh said:

Hey lovies. Absolutely count me in!

Catan 0%

Chained Echos 0%

Crosscode 12%

Elden Ring 11%

Hogwarts Legacy 31%

Kaiju Wars 26%

Monster Sanctuary 0%

Shantae: Half-genie Hero 49%

Sniper Elite 4 16%

Star ocean divine force 5%

Steins;gate elite 0%

The Forest 11%

The Pedestrian 0%

Warhammer 40,000 Mechanicus 27%

Wild Hearts 29%

Reasoning and thoughts on games in the spolier..

Hide contents

This season I wanted to carry over a few games from the previous challenge and some games I have been playing on the side. Hogwarts Legacy, Wild Hearts, Kaiju Wars and Warhammer 40k Mechanicus being games I kept under the 33% mark for this purpose. I wanted to enjoy some smaller indie games and I've heard really good things about Crosscode (and I've enjoyed what I've already played of this), Chained Echos and Monster Sanctuary. Anticipating days when my shoulder is going to prevent me playing games that demand twitch precision and speed, I've put Steins;gate Elite (I absolutely love the original and the anime and looking forward to playing this again) Catan (I love digital board games sooooo much) and The Pedestrian. The others are a fairly diverse and hopefully achievable set of games for this challenge. I think Elden Ring is most ambitious due to my completionist traits making me check every cave and then getting bored lol.

For the games I've NOT added to my list.... I've not picked up Atomic Heart as it has very mixed reviews and I'm getting some serious jank vibes that may affect my enjoyment. £60 for a 12-15 hour 'marmite' game felt a bit steep. Octopath Travellers 2 is something I'm excited for but I have so many JRPGs in my backlog I think I'm going to wait for a sale with this one. Atelier Ryza 3 and Resident Evil 4 remake seem excellent - however, I've yet to platinum my last Atelier game and I don't know if I'll have the capacity to play these, I may even add them to the challenge if I can though. Plenty of FOMO for other games to be released. :D I'm sure I'll end up adding them all and playing non of them

Good to see you again. :)

• Like 1

I heard Lightning Returns was a terrible game, RoastedPeanut, so tell us your opinions when you finish it, okay? :)

Finally finished my last big hurdle and can't wait to get started on my list tomorrow. (It's now the 28th where I am, it's 3:40 AM xD)

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

I heard Lightning Returns was a terrible game, RoastedPeanut, so tell us your opinions when you finish it, okay? :)

I played the game and got the plat back in 2014. If you like exploring a huge world, then it might be good for you. Story-wise, it's a conclusion to the XIII saga. That might be stating the obvious, but that's what it was for me. I didn't hate it and also didn't really like it, so it was just that: a conclusion. The game looks alright for a PS3 game, the music is good. The somewhat more action-oriented battle system didn't really work for me. This is more on me than on the game, you can do insane things with it, it's me who couldn't do that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, viech54 said:

The game looks alright for a PS3 game, the music is good. The somewhat more action-oriented battle system didn't really work for me.

That's the reaction most people had. Square-Enix was probably risking the biscuit since FFXIII-2 was a weird tangent as you only had two party members and the last one was a monster who you tamed and raised like in Pokemon. I feel like if they made the whole dress-up system for Lightning more like X-2's, it might have gotten better reviews. As such, they decided to axe the idea of XIII Versus and turn its character into Noctis for FFXV.

Good luck to anyone cramming a ROM, er, game for this final day! ;)

On 2/24/2023 at 8:54 PM, serrated-banner9 said:

changing Drawful 2 for Plague inc (currently at 10%) because i think that for drawful 2, you can't just have 8 tabs open at the same time to have 8 players lol

new list:

1. Plague Inc (10%)
  2. The swapper (0%)
  3. Thomas was alone (0%)
  4. Valiant Hearts: The great war (0%)
  5. Defense Grid 2 (0%)

was debating if to replace Plague inc with soccer pinball but i decided to inlude both 

so adding Soccer Pinball which takes me up to 6

• Like 2