Spring 2023 Backlog Challenge

4 minutes ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

Little update. I'm not going to keep posting my whole list when I'm just doing percentage increases as it's just a lot.

17. The Order 1886 - 0% -> 51%

I am not gaming as much as I want to be right now, otherwise I'd be done this game already. My bf is coming home early every night and he just turns into a vegetable and wants to watch shows with me instead of playing his own games while I play mine. Oh well, at least we are spending time together lol. I will have this done this weekend I think.

I should probably follow your lead and update the parts of my list when they are upgraded instead of the whole list, as it's annoying to have to keep quoting the list since the forum won't let me keep the formatting. <_<

I am no expert of relationships(since I have never even kissed a girl in my life xD) but I have a sister who is living next to me and happily married with kids and a mother-in-law who she rescued from a bad marriage, and if I learned that my brother in law was crashing on the couch and not letting my sister play game or have time to herself at least once a night, I would confront him and give some choice words to him. ;) You should have guidelines, written or no, about how much time in front of the telly with him you will tolerate so he knows your limits. I'm sure he'll agree to that if you point out that he'd want the same thing if roles were reversed and YOU were the one coming home every night two hours early and demanding he make out with you in front of the telly instead of playing his favorite video game. :P

This is my opinion, if it doesn't bother you, then I apologize, but you said you aren't getting in the gaming time you want so I feel like this 'quality time' is eating your time so I had to say a thing or two. I have a bad habit of giving advice, my parents keep telling me to mind my own business. xD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rello-Evante said:

Surprisingly, not enjoying Stray and Maneater as much as I thought I would. I can understand their appeal, I'm just finding it hard to... 'enjoy' them?

Let me give some advice: You don't HAVE to play the big hype hits that everyone else is playing if you don't share the appeal. I'm not into Maneater as I don't like playing a shark simulator(not really into sharks though they are pretty cool fish) and not into Stray even though I am a cat lover. (I used to own a few cats, had to get rid of my last one due to moving to a very small shack for a house and not enough room for cat amenities, at least my beloved Serena is enjoying life with the house cleaner's two ferrets. ^_^) For me, Stray has that one trophy for doing the escape level without getting caught once and I am not very good at those style of challenges. I mean yeah, I shouldn't make that as an excuse to avoid it like the plague. I mean, Stardew Valley is pretty cool and if it wasn't for those two trophies requiring you to beat an arcade game without dying, I would try my hand at it even though I probably would suck at it since I don't do well with the Season of Stories type farming games.

However, if you truly aren't enjoying a game, it's time to put it down and move on. Don't push yourself to 'enjoy' a game if you found it doesn't tickle that itch as you will end up hating it. ;)

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1

i am also doing games that is not from this challenge like lego harry potter years 5-7 i am just 2  storielvls away before the story mode is finished and then its just free play from 13% to 48% and then i start with final fantasy 7 remake i dont know yet if i going to play it on normal mode ore on easy but if i want to do hard mode after i did final fantasy 7 remake on normal then i must play on normal mode because otherwise it gets overwhelming if i play it on easy 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

I should probably follow your lead and update the parts of my list when they are upgraded instead of the whole list, as it's annoying to have to keep quoting the list since the forum won't let me keep the formatting. <_<

I am no expert of relationships(since I have never even kissed a girl in my life xD) but I have a sister who is living next to me and happily married with kids and a mother-in-law who she rescued from a bad marriage, and if I learned that my brother in law was crashing on the couch and not letting my sister play game or have time to herself at least once a night, I would confront him and give some choice words to him. ;) You should have guidelines, written or no, about how much time in front of the telly with him you will tolerate so he knows your limits. I'm sure he'll agree to that if you point out that he'd want the same thing if roles were reversed and YOU were the one coming home every night two hours early and demanding he make out with you in front of the telly instead of playing his favorite video game. :P

This is my opinion, if it doesn't bother you, then I apologize, but you said you aren't getting in the gaming time you want so I feel like this 'quality time' is eating your time so I had to say a thing or two. I have a bad habit of giving advice, my parents keep telling me to mind my own business. xD

Haha no it doesn't bother me too much. I did complain to him at one point that we didn't spend enough time together due to him starting a new job where he was gone 12 hours a day, 4 days a week. Now he's only gone about 8 hours, so we have been spending a lot more time together vegging out in front of the tv. It's ok, I'm big into watching YouTube before bed, but we could probably do our separate thing too and play more games instead. We are still getting used to his schedule so it's quite alright. I appreciate the thought though! 

I'll also add that I work from home and am one of the top producers on my team, so when I really want to play during the day I do if I'm able lol. 

Edited by Vulpine9Tails
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 4:47 PM, Charizarzar said:

Decided to bite the bullet and actually join in on one of these events rather than lurking. Threw a few in that should be relatively quick, and if all goes well I'll start adding in some PS3 games that have been in my backlog since forever. 1f604.png Will likely juggle most of these with Death Stranding.

1. Sb1bc02.png Death Stranding (PS4) - 24%
  2. S74fecb.png Mafia II (PS4) - 0%
  3. S6c131d.png The Complex (PS4) - 0%
  4. S41dce2.png A Plague Tale: Innocence (PS4) - 0%
  5. Sde51fb.png Hitchhiker (PS4) - 0%
  6. Sa6b628.png The Town of Light (PS4) - 0%

OK, added now. Sorry about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

Update 1 (how long can I keep on top of weekly updates?)

- Man of Medan - 34%
- Knack - 0% >> Ghost of a Tale - 0%
- Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order - 7%
- Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse - 0%
- Gone Home - 0%
- The Last Day of June - 0% >> 100%
Swaps: 1/3

I finished Last Day of June, it was a pretty emotional story game. There were no words, but plenty of feeling shown in the characters actions and heard in what sounds they did make. The music was also fantastic, it was all done by one guy who had apparently been the inspiration for the whole game, which I thought was pretty cool. It’s a short game, but I recommend it. There are some small, simple puzzles, mostly revolving around getting the characters in the right place at the right time. The story is the focus, there are collectible memories for each character and you don’t need to look at them for any trophies, but they add a lot of backstory.

I’m also using a swap already. Swapping Knack for Ghost of a Tale which is leaving plus extra this month, and which I’ve had downloaded since it was first added to ps now almost 2 years ago.

In non event game news, I’ve been playing RDR Online with friends and have almost gotten all the trophies, I need to focus on levelling up some more, we’ve been doing bounties together, but it’s slow going. I also got back into Moving Out after 2 years, turns out it’s accessible enough for me to play with my 6 year old, so we’ve been having lots of fun clearing the levels

Last day of June is an amazing game. Like you, I highly recommend it. 

• Like 2