February 2023's PS+ Essential games announced

Abby_TheLastofUs

Rate February 2023 PS+ Essential's lineup   

286 members have voted

1. 1. Rate February 2023 PS+ Essential's lineup

2. 2. Which game are you most interested in?

• OlliOlli World
    • Mafia Definitive Edition
    • Evil Dead The Game
    • Destiny 2 Beyond Light (DLC)

12 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

The racing section on the highest difficulty setting was quite a challenge as well.

Yeah, but no one should feel discouraged by this. It's a fun challenge, not a frustrating one.

Anyone who has ever played a racing game can do it. Don't worry too much about being very fast, but rather on driving consistently well.

I don't even remember it very well because it didn't take me too long to get it done, but I believe there's rubber banding and scripted accidents that can be somewhat exploited to win the race. After a few tries you'll notice the patterns and know how to use that knowledge to your advantage.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Yeah, but no one should feel discouraged by this. It's a fun challenge, not a frustrating one.

Anyone who has ever played a racing game can do it. Don't worry too much about being very fast, but rather on driving consistently well.

I don't even remember it very well because it didn't take me too long to get it done, but I believe there's rubber banding and scripted accidents that can be somewhat exploited to win the race. After a few tries you'll notice the patterns and know how to use that knowledge to your advantage.

Correct.

It was a welcomed challenge, actually. :D

1 minute ago, GUDGER666 said:

Yes you did you just didn't notice it and have a high tolerance to input lag. 

I played the game on a monitor, which had faster response time than a telly, mayhaps that contributed to it. :hmm:

23 minutes ago, Jeanoltt said:

Crash

If you mean Crash 4, then that was already a PS+ Essential game in July 2022.

9 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Bandicoot Trilogy? It's on The Collection (PS+ Essential, PS5 required) so it might not happen ?

Previous collection games have been put on the regular PS+ Essential line up before (Days Gone for example), so it's not out of the realms of possibility.

• Like 1

Already own mafia. It was a great game (bought it full price on pc day one and on sale on ps4 (think I played it on 5 though. idr though) later on)

(Looked insanely good in 4K on pc. Blew my mind at times)

will try evil dead since I’m into those kind of games but refuse to really pay for Mp now as I don’t always stick with them.

14 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

If you mean Crash 4, then that was already a PS+ Essential game in July 2022.

Previous collection games have been put on the regular PS+ Essential line up before (Days Gone for example), so it's not out of the realms of possibility.

You're right.

Still, the trilogy is an "old" game that won't bring in new subscribers or additional revenue from DLC or MTX, so I'll risk saying it's unlikely.

Shuhei Yoshida himself said the strategy for Plus is now to "breath new life into games", a.k.a. sell additional content.

@Jeanoltt Sekiro though ??

Would be my introduction to FromSoftware games.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

You're right.

Still, the trilogy is an "old" game that won't bring in new subscribers or additional revenue from DLC or MTX, so I'll risk saying it's unlikely.

Shuhei Yoshida himself said the strategy for Plus is now to "breath new life into games", a.k.a. sell additional content.

@Jeanoltt Sekiro though ??

Would be my introduction to FromSoftware games.

Yeah, I mentioned the Crash Trilogy. For some reason it never dropped out of 20$ and I always had the feeling it was going to be PS+ game in a matter of months. Never happened lol. 

Also sekiro, never less than 30$.

• Like 1

Has a paid DLC pack ever been offered as a PlayStation Plus freebie before this? I think this may be a first.

Regardless, not a bad month. Nothing that I'm interested in per se, but these are all well-recieved games, and the lineup is varied.