Trophy Thoughts?

TechyX9451

It's great to see these previously-released classics get trophies patched in after release! I wasn't expecting that to ever happen, so I was definitely surprised to see three of them get patched in the past few days. I wouldn't be shocked at this point if all currently-released first-party classics have trophy support before long.

22 minutes ago, Potter13579 said:

Toy Story 2 trophies, here we come....I hope.

Third-party games seem much more unlikely to get trophy updates like this, unfortunately. Trophy patches for these third-party classics would be completely up to the wether or not the publisher - Disney, in this case - would care enough to go back and add these lists in.

18 minutes ago, blue_blur_98 said:

Third-party games seem much more unlikely to get trophy updates like this, unfortunately. Trophy patches for these third-party classics would be completely up to the wether or not the publisher - Disney, in this case - would care enough to go back and add these lists in.

That's a shame, in the event of A Bugs Life getting added it likely won't have trophies.

(Even though 100% for some of those levels was maddening)

15 minutes ago, Vergil said:

You mean Tekken 2 might get trophies?

Its kind of 50-50 at the moment. These 3 games getting trophies later on is just proof its possible but they would still need permission to add them to namcos games. Same with capcom, disney, and any other third party publisher with games on the service as valkrie profile is proof third party games can get trophies(though that game is the only one using these emulators not on premium so far) but its possible more third party games will start getting trophies once some start releasing that aren't free with premium like valkrie profile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob6605804 said:

Depending on how difficult it is, Sony could add the lists themselves to 3rd party titles if the publisher gives them permission. Maybe something they can or have added into the contracts when they negotiate these deals.

Definitely possible. They did that with the PS2 classics for PS4. It’s probably the same team at Sony working on these actually. I certainly see some similarities with the trophy lists. 

35 minutes ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Wow they are really going to add trophies to atleast all these first party games. That's amazing! Since Sony published Ridge Racer 2 I can't wait for that list to come. 

Sony only helped publish it in the PAL region and didn’t publish this classic version so I wouldn’t count on that. For this it is a third-party game. 

@VeldinX I wouldn't say never. They aren't actually altering the code on these. The trophies just sit on top of the game and use existing triggers. I feel all Sony would need to do is reach out for permission and they could easily add these to 3rd party games. The patches are coming in about every three days now, so I guess will have to wait and see if a 3rd party game pops up then will have our answer.