Guide of the Year Awards 2022 - Results!

Dreggit

4 hours ago, Desavenencia said:

First of all, I want to congratulate those chosen as winners this year in each and every one of the categories. You’re all the protagonists here today. Well done.

I want to thank those 234 authors for creating those 658 guides throughout 2022. It’s wonderful to see that there’re so many users personally involved in the development of guides that help our entire community and even beyond, since I’m sure that there’re a large number of people outside PSNP who come in daily to consult guides here. Something that says a lot about the reference point that this website represents. A great pride, of course. Thank you all for making it possible.

Finally, although this has nothing to do with the awards, I didn’t want to miss this opportunity to remember two people who have left us behind this past January and who belonged to our community. Many of you will already know, but on January 15 and 27, roosta_141 and OniWalker left us respectively. They haven’t been able to be present here this year. We’ll miss you both. Rest in peace.

— — — — —

Thanks also to all the PSNP staff for maintaining and taking care of the order of the forum. Special mention on this occasion to the Guide Team — @Charizarzar, @Dreggit, @Roronora_Zoro666, @Vanqishd — for helping at all times and facilitating the work of the writers.

And, since I have started to mention people, I will follow the desire of Dreggit and join in mentioning the participants to give them the good spam in their notification trays…

:)

Have a nice day.

Wow I had no idea about what happened. Oniwalker's guides helped me out quite a bit, rest in peace to both of them.

• Like 2

I'm very pleasantly surprised that I was nominated, congratulations to the other nominees and the winners. I've always respected people who take the time and effort to make guides, and that respect has only grown more now that I now firsthand what writing guides are like.

Shame I didn't notice the awards sooner, I'll try to remember to vote next year.

• Like 4

The biggest of congratulations to @CelestialRequiem for GOTY and all other winners! You have certainly set the bar for top quality guide writing and it has been proven that the niche games are just as important as the widely popular ones. 

Fellow authors, thank you for your hard work and dedication- whether you won a prize, didn’t win a prize, or didn’t get nominated at all.

A message to any readers who are considering becoming first time authors- if you have knowledge and passion about any game, don’t be afraid to share it! There is also an awesome community of authors ready and willing to help you out.

It was an absolute privilege to be nominated this time around and I will strive to improve and achieve this feat hopefully again some time in the future :) What a wonderful community to be a part of. Thank you authors, thank you guide team, thank you readers, thank you everyone!

Here’s to 2023!!

• Like 4

I want to congratulate, but mostly THANK from the bottom of my heart all guide writers, on this site and elsewhere, as well as the volunteer staff who are tasked with the hidden work of editing, formatting, and… guiding. It takes a tremendous amout of time and effort, and it does not go unnoticed!

So again, from someone who was mailing in guides to magazines some 30 years ago before the internet was a thing, and now only has time for random mini-guides of unknown games (hopefully they have been of help to a handful of people!), THANK YOU!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SquidGeneral10 said:

Feeling absolutely honoured to have taken first place in the formatting category - it wouldn't have been possible without my amazing co-author @Uzi_wad, with bonus shout-outs to highly encouraging PTH legends @Flynnerigan, @ZackisNb1, @IDiivil, and everyone else who inspired me to keep on a-writing, or giving me those warm fuzzies from seeing a guide help people unlock trophies.

Damn near every guide I peeped at this year was of fantastic quality, so the guide team really deserves a special mention - for helping new authors find their footing, to helping existing authors find their spelling errors and over-use of the word 'simply'.

Here's to a great 2023-and-beyond, and remember - if in doubt, add more tables! Cheers!

It's an honour to be shouted out, here's to 2023!

18 hours ago, SquidGeneral10 said:

Feeling absolutely honoured to have taken first place in the formatting category - it wouldn't have been possible without my amazing co-author @Uzi_wad, with bonus shout-outs to highly encouraging PTH legends @Flynnerigan, @ZackisNb1, @IDiivil, and everyone else who inspired me to keep on a-writing, or giving me those warm fuzzies from seeing a guide help people unlock trophies.

Damn near every guide I peeped at this year was of fantastic quality, so the guide team really deserves a special mention - for helping new authors find their footing, to helping existing authors find their spelling errors and over-use of the word 'simply'.

Here's to a great 2023-and-beyond, and remember - if in doubt, add more tables! Cheers!

Excellent work Squid, thoroughly deserved! Thankfully I was able to get through Spelunky prior to the results of voting! ?

• Like 1