Missing Log in Chaper 9

THX-1138-4EB

Log Alien Boarders is supposed to be in the Briefing Room next to a body onboard the USM Valor.

When I entered the Briefing Room, the body and log were missing. I’d exit and come back and the body would be floating off to the side (the room has normal gravity), but no log.
I tried re-installing the game, starting from a point before the chapter started, but no luck.

I know I don't need all of them for the trophy, but I wanted to collected everything. Maybe I'll have better luck in new game+

Yeah, the game currently has issues with disappearing items. I was missing the schematics for the medium medpack. Checked a youtube video to see where it was supposed to be (hardly missable), went back there and it wasn't there. The comments under this video were full of people who encountered the same glitch. Keep your fingers crossed for new game +.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. I'd just be happy that this happened to a log, which isn't necessary for any kind of completion metric and not to an important world item, like the battery pack. I ended up missing like three schematics in my first time through the game because they just didn't spawn in properly. Had it happen to an enemy in a hallway once, too. Unless you're doing the impossible difficulty, I would just keep two or three saves running and cycling through them at checkpoints to minimize the potential damage.