Puzzle Bobble2X & Puzzle Bobble3 S-Tribute trophy thoughts

19 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

I don’t think so, but the Cleopatra’s Fortune challenge mode was untranslated. I found a video guide at least.

Thanks, I grew up playing Puzzle Bobble on SNES and I remember being so hard and never ending, I only managed to get to level 20 or so after that my 10 year old brain couldn't handle all the bobbles, will definitely grab this one was just scared of online trophies since I suck at competitive play in almost every genre.

On the whole I think this collection is awesome, having various versions of each game and some of the extra features like being able to change character on puzzle mode are great additions.

I am baffled though, why release 2 and 3, and not 3 and 4? Puzzle Bobble 2 is already released on Arcade Archives and I don't see why they wouldn't release the 4th game, or just have all 4 games to make it a Puzzle Bobble collection. Like, I doubt they are going to release 1 and 4 on a collection later.

This means inevitably I can see Puzzle Bobble 3 and 4 being released separately on Arcade Archives later on, and then having to buy those as well which might make having this collection in the future a bit pointless.

Also, having a hidden game unlock for Psychic Force Puzzle Taisen would have been great. I doubt that game is ever going to be re-released.

Edited by enaysoft

On 2023-02-02 at 7:37 PM, Keidah said:

This release gives me a lot of hope for Bust A Move / Puzzle Bobble. 

19 minutes ago, Virdeborn said:

And I would absolutely love to see 1 and 4 be released at some point as well.

The NeoGeo version of the original is already available on PSN:

Arcade Archives: Puzzle Bobble Trophies • PSNProfiles.com

8 hours ago, Virdeborn said:

How good are these ports?

And I would absolutely love to see 1 and 4 be released at some point as well.

The only complaint I have is that it has loading screens during vs. mode that weren't present in the version that I played in my childhood, but it's not a dealbreaker. Also agree with hoping for a release of Puzzle Bobble 4, it has my favorite gameplay along with my favorite characters Develon and Marino!

Puzzle Alone... is that the regular campaign mode, and not vs the computer?  Can i get the trophies playing the Bust-a-Move versions instead of Puzzle Bobble?  I can't seem to get any of the trophies to pop!  Otherwise, I'm absolutely loving this collection so far, my kids can't stop dancing to the music!

On 2023-02-04 at 2:34 AM, iriihutoR84 said:

The NeoGeo version of the original is already available on PSN:

Yeah, I know but the main reason I'm hoping for another port along with PB4 is that there'll be a better chance for a physical copy down the line. So far, most S-Tribute compilations have gotten one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/02/2023 at 2:55 AM, GoldenHail said:

For challenge mode, clearing 3/5 of the puzzles will net you the average rank, 4/5 will give you the good rank, and clearing all 5 will give you an excellent ranking. Still pretty easy if you don't wanna abuse that feature too.

They also don't stack, which is annoying. Fortunately it's 5 puzzles in a single world.

Truth be told, I have been waiting for this collection.

These 2 games are my favorite parts of this legendary franchise and are a part of my childhood.

Miss Twinkle from BUST A MOVE 3 is such a charismatic, adorable heroine to play as and she is an awesome gymnast girl !

She rocks !

As for the trophies - they pose a fair challenge.

Edited by starscream171