No platinum?

It REALLY doesn't matter. I mean, I'm an obsessive trophy collector, but I'm not gonna moan about what trophies arebeing offered on a 2 hour game. I expected something so short wouldn't have a full list with plat. But, as others have said, this is merely a taste of whats to come. MGSV itself is reportedly going to be 200x bigger. GZ is the appetiser, Phantom Pain is the Main Course.

Edited by ShadowGandalf

platinum or not or it even don't have trophies i'll still gonna play it, let's just hope the game'll be as good as it looks, at least. MGS4 have sold like a hot cake and it's even happen to be a console seller where it didn't have trophies at the time, MGS4 released in june 12 2008, the trophy patch released in august 6 2012.

Its meant to be about an hour long - did you people really expect to get a platinum out of a game that short?

Please.

Lumines Electronic Symphony for the Vita is a physical copy game without a platinum (and Lumines takes approximately 20 hours to complete its trophy list - so about 10-20 times longer than Ground Zeros)

Well, Lumines was supposed to have a platinum. There was some confusion about it from the development team.

http://www.psnstores.com/2012/03/heres-why-lumines-electronic-symphony-doesnt-have-a-platinum/

As for MGS? Lots of content or not, $30 retail should incorporate a platinum. And honestly, why not? It's just virtual internet points. Might as well keep everyone happy.

wow...i was already looking at this as a rental because of its short length but seeing that it only offers 15 trophies has really sealed the deal. Theres no reason for me to buy this since redbox already has it listed as available tuesday on their website.

Well, Lumines was supposed to have a platinum. There was some confusion about it from the development team.

http://www.psnstores.com/2012/03/heres-why-lumines-electronic-symphony-doesnt-have-a-platinum/

As for MGS? Lots of content or not, $30 retail should incorporate a platinum. And honestly, why not? It's just virtual internet points. Might as well keep everyone happy.

Interesting about Lumines - i wasn't aware of that!

But on your second point - giving a full platinum for what is basically a paid demo will not keep everyone happy, it cheapens the work required to get real platinums, and basically forces people who dont want to spend 30 quid for an hour long demo to buy it in order to maintain their place on the leaderboards.

Didn't people mention that, although the core "game" itself was 1-2 hours, there was a lot more extra content? I mean maybe if it brings the gameplay up to 10-15 hours, then there should be a platinum. Lots of cheap games are in that time range and still have a plat trophy. 

I think there just needs to be a consistent system in place because awarding a game a plat or not seems like such an arbitrary process at times. Resistance: Burning Skies, for example, only took 4-7 hours to complete. That game definitely doesn't deserve a plat.  <_<

WTF!? 315 Points the X-Box Versions have 1000 Points ???

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/metal-gear-solid-5-ground-zeroes/achievements/

F*** Y** Konami

The points system for Xbox achievements are different compared to PlayStation trophies ( :bronze: =15,  :silver: =30,  :gold: = 90, &  :platinum: = 180). If you do the math, the points add up correctly. Also, it's not Konami's fault for this.

Edited by BlueFireReaper

This game is a preview game for MGS:V. I didnt even expect it to have a trophy set at all

Edit: The preview for GT5 didn't have any trophy set at all

Every single game on PlayStation published since January 1 2010 has had trophies.

why dont people think of it as the DLC before the main game??

I consider it as a demo/prologue for Phantom Pain. I think of Ground Zeroes as if you pre-ordered Phantom Pain, and while you wait for Phantom Pain to release, you have something worth 10 hours of gameplay to review and(Or less, I don't know) entertain yourself with, which would be Ground Zeroes. Just like pre-ordering 'Hitman: Absolution' back then, and you were able to receive the sniper challenge as a bonus, although it was kinda "meh", and could be simply completed in just 1 minute. But you could see how some of the mechanics of the game would work out, at least the shooting combat. And well, now we can know how Phantom Pain will mainly play thanks to Ground Zeroes.

The points system for Xbox achievements are different compared to PlayStation trophies ( :bronze: =15,  :silver: =30,  :gold: = 90, &  :platinum: = 180). If you do the math, the points add up correctly. Also, it's not Konami's fault for this.

1000 gamer points is equal to a playstation platinum.  I looked up madden 14 for xbox and it has 1000. They could have the same amount of trophies and have it add up to a platinum.

I'm still buying it I just think it's strange.

Edited by dodgedoors

I knew there wouldn't be a platinum for it. Its going to be a glorified tech demo for us to get a taste of MGS V. And also for Kojima to get some early feedback on some directions he is taking with the gameplay.

Was getting this day one nevertheless. Too big of a Metal Gear fan to pass it up.

• Like 1

Every single game on PlayStation published since January 1 2010 has had trophies.

Not entirely true as two games come to mind that are PSP remasters although Japanese only releases K-On! and Monster Hunter were released on PS3 after that date with no trophy set.