No platinum?

$30 dlc that acts as a demo for a real game doesn't sound that great to me.

This price only applies to the current gen systems which is not completely unreasonable, but when sucker punch or Ubisoft did it for infamous,far cry, and assassins creed there wasn't any objections

Come on people, stop whining over the fact that GZ doesn't have a platinum trophy.  Plats are not the be all and end all of gaming - just enjoy the damn game regardless of which trophies it does or does not have.  You've known for months that GZ isn't a full-blown game in its own right - are you really surprised that there's no plat?!

I just like getting 100%, doesn't matter if it has a platinum or not.

I also don't understand why gameplay time would matter. I've played games without platinum that take way longer to complete than a game with a platinum.

A lot of disc games just have filler trophies anyway where the first hour or of gaming is filled with trophy popups. :P

and back before PS3 and trophies, I was the one trying to get 100% in every game I owned. I didn't need something tagged to an account for me to show off, it's for my own satisfaction lol. I don't expect anyone to give a shit.

I don't understand why it's 30 bucks and on a disk when it's obviously a short prologue good for about 6-8 hours of gameplay. I look at it as similar to Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. That's why I understand the trophy list, which shouldn't matter anyways. I think the way they're releasing it is confusing people about the scope of the game. Personally I think they should drop the price a bit and make it a download title on PSN, that'd be a bit more appropriate.

I don't understand why it's 30 bucks and on a disk when it's obviously a short prologue good for about 6-8 hours of gameplay. I look at it as similar to Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. That's why I understand the trophy list, which shouldn't matter anyways. I think the way they're releasing it is confusing people about the scope of the game. Personally I think they should drop the price a bit and make it a download title on PSN, that'd be a bit more appropriate.

It is available as a downloadable title and on the last generation consoles it is $20.

Parker 

I just find it bizarre that the Strider reboot (A very good game, by the way) gets a Platinum but GZ does not. And GZ is more expensive.

Of course, this may tie into how much "content" these games have. I mean, Strider's an average sized Metroidvania release, and can take up to 8-9 hours to complete. If you go after all the collectibles of course.

I don't know if GZ will offer a similar playtime for completionists.

I believe Sony have made a mistake in this decision, but we are in a transitional state in Trophy hunting, so missteps are to be expected.

Suuuure Kojima. That's why Dyad and Strider both came out with a price point of $15 and both had platinum trophies.

Either Sony is doing very unfair things with their policies, or, and frankly this is a lot more likely, Kojima is so unwilling to admit that his $30 game is too damn small to warrant a platinum - to the point where he is straight up lying to your faces about it.

Suuuure Kojima. That's why Dyad and Strider both came out with a price point of $15 and both had platinum trophies.

Either Sony is doing very unfair things with their policies, or, and frankly this is a lot more likely, Kojima is so unwilling to admit that his $30 game is too damn small to warrant a platinum - to the point where he is straight up lying to your faces about it.

This right here! Also the fact that it's a stealth and you have many way to get into a base, he could have been creative with the trophies and added a platinum. I think it's pretty obvious that Kojima is getting bored with the series and you can start to see his lack of interest showing.

Calling BS on that one. I bought Anarchy: Rush Hour when it came out way back in 2010 for $10 off PSN and it had a platinum. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/336-Anarchy-Rush-Hour

well to counter that statement ratchet and clank: into the nexus was not sold as a full title game but still received a platnium trophy set,and in addition it would seem that MGS V: ground zeroes will be getting future DLC

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/03/17/report-mgs-v-dlc-releasing-early-2015.aspx

Calling BS on that one. I bought Anarchy: Rush Hour when it came out way back in 2010 for $10 off PSN and it had a platinum. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/336-Anarchy-Rush-Hour

You know, I highly doubt that Kojima is lying to millions of his fans just for the hell of it. It is well known that the game is short, no one has ever denied that. The game is meant to be a taste of what is to come with The Phantom Pain, it was never meant to be a "full game." I suppose it could be compared to Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, not a "full" game but a great experience in its own right. 

I am curious as to all the naysayers experience in the gaming industry. I really think that someone like Kojima, who has been around the industry and releasing his games on Sony consoles for a long time, would know Sony's policies a little better than someone on a gaming forum. It is also possible that something got lost in translation and there is a bit missing from his statement.   

As for those other games having a platinum, they are also "full" games and aren't mean to be a prologue of sorts for a bigger game. 

Parker