No platinum?

As for those other games having a platinum, they are also "full" games and aren't mean to be a prologue of sorts for a bigger game.

Yes, that's exactly the point. I mean which one is it, the game is too cheap, or the game is too small? To the best of my knowledge this is the first time anyone has ever talked about a correlation between platinum trophies and the price of the game. Other developers have talked about what it takes for a game to get a platinum but none of them talked about pricing. Anyway anyone can look at many (very recent) examples that contradict this notion.

It's pretty obvious to me, either Sony denied him a platinum because he didn't convince them the game was deep was enough, or he never tried to have one in the first place. Either way he's trying to spin it like "There's no platinum because I want to save you money" biiiitch pleeze.

*edit* BTW keep in mind that we're talking about a guy who billed himself as the Voice of God, and fervently denied taking any inspiration from Snake Plissken (even when he basically used code name Snake Plisken in MGS2 - AND Carpenter allegedly gave him permission to use the character).

I don't think it's such a stretch to say that Kojima pretty much thinks people will believe whatever comes out of his mouth.

Edited by lporiginalg

You know, I highly doubt that Kojima is lying to millions of his fans just for the hell of it. It is well known that the game is short, no one has ever denied that. The game is meant to be a taste of what is to come with The Phantom Pain, it was never meant to be a "full game." I suppose it could be compared to Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, not a "full" game but a great experience in its own right. 

I am curious as to all the naysayers experience in the gaming industry. I really think that someone like Kojima, who has been around the industry and releasing his games on Sony consoles for a long time, would know Sony's policies a little better than someone on a gaming forum. It is also possible that something got lost in translation and there is a bit missing from his statement.   

As for those other games having a platinum, they are also "full" games and aren't mean to be a prologue of sorts for a bigger game. 

Parker

i have mentioned valid arguements to both sides of the table and im not trying to state that Kojima is lying by any means;and i dont really care weather or not the game has a platnium or not but just for the sake of understanding kojima stated non full "priced" game, not gaming experience, so hes statement does counter other examples of games that have plats that are not full priced

We think that full priced game=70€ and no-full priced=30€ or less...

But we are gamers and customers...

Maybe things are different for the sellers (and Sony is a seller by taking 15% on each published game)

AAA Games have to cost XX for Sony, remastered version YY, other games ZZ... MGS:GZ, Gran Turismo Prologue are triple-A game that cost 30% of that specific amount i suppose.... So a 30€ Ratchet has a plat, a 45€Spongebob has a plat, cause they reach the 100% of own payability, a 20$ MGS:GZ hasn't one

That's maybe what Kojima wanna tell us 

Edited by alebrego

After the uproar over the lack of content in the game, it's clear he decided to use this situation to his advantage and try to convince people there isn't a lack of content. Pathetic attempt though, and not just for trying to shift the blame to Sony, but because the evidence is all there to suggest platinum trophy inclusion is based on content, and not price.

After the uproar over the lack of content in the game, it's clear he decided to use this situation to his advantage and try to convince people there isn't a lack of content. Pathetic attempt though, and not just for trying to shift the blame to Sony, but because the evidence is all there to suggest platinum trophy inclusion is based on content, and not price.

Really, go play MuvLuv Alternative: Total Eclipse as much as I enjoyed it I can honestly say I bet Ground Zeroes has more game-play content than THREE whole decisions and yes I am serious.

Really, go play MuvLuv Alternative: Total Eclipse as much as I enjoyed it I can honestly say I bet Ground Zeroes has more game-play content than THREE whole decisions and yes I am serious.

That means nothing. Different developers, different types of games, and other factors make content subjective. Price, however, cannot be subjective. Every game opens with a specific price, and the past has proven there is no correlation between these prices and the inclusion of a platinum trophy. There wouldn't even be a need to state that price was the issue, because if it was, the issue would have come up many times before.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Pretty sure GT Prologue was more expensive than GZ and how much content was on there?

I'm currently around 14+hrs on GZ, really enjoying the bonus missions. Also, for those that aren't aware, the more completion on have in GZ the more bonuses you have for your Mother Base in Phantom Pain.

So platinum trophies are why people buy games, not because it's one of the best games of this year?

It's not even the full game . It's just a demo. I have played every MGS and kojima fucked up this one.There is no reason to buy this demo because probably in phantom pain you gonna need to play this prologue anyways.

I condemn the trophy list, It's disappointing that there is no Platinum and wasn't the game like two hours long, at least that is what i heard from IGN and Screw Attack

Its meant to be about an hour long - did you people really expect to get a platinum out of a game that short?

Please.

Lumines Electronic Symphony for the Vita is a physical copy game without a platinum (and Lumines takes approximately 20 hours to complete its trophy list - so about 10-20 times longer than Ground Zeros)

This:

Some person who already played said it took 90 minutes to finish the game but the 'total completion' was at 9%, so it will still be full of stuff.

You can finish it in a few hours, to 100% it takes a whole lot more time.

EDIT: I know they're old messages but anyways yeah the short 'storyline' is definately the reason for no plat. It's pretty cheap now on PSN store but I got enough of this game with one three-hour session at my friend's place.

Edited by Sikatiiker

This:

You can finish it in a few hours, to 100% it takes a whole lot more time.

EDIT: I know they're old messages but anyways yeah the short 'storyline' is definately the reason for no plat. It's pretty cheap now on PSN store but I got enough of this game with one three-hour session at my friend's place.

Yea I agree with you, you're completely right, I don't even fucking know what I was thinking back then.

It's not even the full game . It's just a demo. I have played every MGS and kojima fucked up this one.There is no reason to buy this demo because probably in phantom pain you gonna need to play this prologue anyways.

It's a prologue, not a demo and it's been confirmed what you see in GZ will not appear in Phantom Pain.

As I mentioned above, depending on your completion percentage, prisoners saved and beating some times for the trials, you will unlock bonus content for Phantom Pain.

Edited by Weak_Spot

• 3 months later...

I feel sorry for the ones who bought it with $30.

Got the game for $6.80 during the sale, I've already tried it but still confused with the controls.

And also, Kiefer Sutherland doing Snake's voice is not good, he's like eating his own words so it's better to have the subtitles on every time he speaks.

Edited by ipot_04