New PS5 software update 7.0 [Discord, VRR…]

Sailar91

Not a fan of discord! I’m sure others love it. But not me, hate it with a passion. I create one for the boosting, “if it’s required”  immediately delete it afterward. Afterwards, started to stay clear of any sessions involving discord and only join PSN groups. PSN communities miss it so much. Most people say we use its chat because so many can join. What’s the point, it gets messy quickly everyone speak same time. Maybe my runs or the time used it, no much organization. Others might have better experience. Even PSN at time gets messy granted.  Still! That’s my thoughts about it. I don’t even have any social media accounts. Good for the people that use it frequently.  

Edited by ZEE11W

9 minutes ago, ZEE11W said:

Not a fan of discord! I’m sure others love it. But not me, hate it with a passion. I create one for the boosting, “if it’s required”  immediately delete it afterward. Afterwards, started to stay clear of any sessions involving discord and only join PSN groups. PSN communities miss it so much. Most people say we use its chat because so many can join. What’s the point, it gets messy quickly everyone speak same time. Maybe my runs or the time used it, no much organization. Others might have better experience. Even PSN at time gets messy granted.  Still! That’s my thoughts about it. I don’t even have any social media accounts. Good for the people that use it frequently.  

For me the main reason for discord is to talk with friends that play on PC.

• Like 1

Looks like I got an email invite! :ninja:

Some pretty useful features with this one for sure, some things that I'm surprised weren't there before like the Join Game icon and actually making "Friends Who Play" something you can open a list of (which blows my mind how unhelpful this was previously)

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

Just now, LadyGallethX3 said:

Still waiting for them to remove the Accolades section on my profile. If they remove the feature, then how hard is it to remove the huge box UI, It's a complete waste of space and ugly.

Can confirm this is still showing, which is definitely odd. Not sure why they still haven't removed this :hmm:

• Like 1

On 06/02/2023 at 2:43 PM, DirectorsCuts said:

Anyone else noticed playtime for games not updating after updating to the beta?

I didn’t install the beta and my playtime tracking broke too. It happens every so often and usually lasts a few days. It’s probably not related to the beta update. There’s a thread about it in this section.

On 03/02/2023 at 3:40 AM, LadyGallethX3 said:

Still waiting for them to remove the Accolades section on my profile. If they remove the feature, then how hard is it to remove the huge box UI, It's a complete waste of space and ugly.

I presume they are eventually going to replace this with the PlayStation Stars trophy cabinet.

At least that's sort of relevant now, instead of some feature that's been dead for months and that no one really used anyway.

Still waiting for them to add folders that aren't tied to my dumb Game Library section that I hate using because it's so cluttered, the ability to choose 1080p screenshots instead of forced 4K screenshots since I play at 1080p and not 4K (PS4 Pro could do it, what's the issue here? Several of the games I play don't even have 4K modes so it's just taking 1080p screenshots and upscaling them for no reason), the ability to backup my save to USB or PC like I could on PS3, PS4, Vita, and even PSP, a way to clear the "Other" section using some sort of option in Storage, and an implementation of Playstation Stars outside of the app.

I don't get why it's taking so long for Sony to do some of these things, the "Other" issue should have been able to be fixed day of release instead of relying on full formats of your system or risky power plug ripping to free up potentially hundreds of GB. Apple has the same issue with iOS.

Edited by soliunasm
  • Like 1