New PS5 software update 7.0 [Discord, VRR…]

Sailar91

12 hours ago, soliunasm said:

Still waiting for them to add folders that aren't tied to my dumb Game Library section that I hate using because it's so cluttered, the ability to choose 1080p screenshots instead of forced 4K screenshots since I play at 1080p and not 4K (PS4 Pro could do it, what's the issue here? Several of the games I play don't even have 4K modes so it's just taking 1080p screenshots and upscaling them for no reason), the ability to backup my save to USB or PC like I could on PS3, PS4, Vita, and even PSP, a way to clear the "Other" section using some sort of option in Storage, and an implementation of Playstation Stars outside of the app.

I don't get why it's taking so long for Sony to do some of these things, the "Other" issue should have been able to be fixed day of release instead of relying on full formats of your system or risky power plug ripping to free up potentially hundreds of GB. Apple has the same issue with iOS.

Totally with you on the folders - I just want to properly organise my home menu damn it. 

• Like 3

I'm using the beta 3.0 and been running into a issue. I manually upload my game saves to the cloud after every session. Never had an issue before today but now it is not allowing me to upload. It starts the process and then just hangs up. The timer keeps going up and up and then I get one of two error codes. Restarted my router and PS5 to no effect. Anyone else having this issue? 

On 2/11/2023 at 10:51 PM, TheRetroManiac said:

I got the email invite a few days ago, is it worth updating, I might just forget about it as I really want the simple stuff like FOLDERS surely it cannot be that hard.

Honestly, not really. It comes out in a few weeks for everyone anyways. 

Has anyone tested the feature where you can play disc games without inserting the disc so long as you have a version of the game from the store?

I'm going to reinstall Outriders to go through with a friend who is getting it through Plus, and was wondering if that would work. Just in case my save doesn't work with the digital version. Because I know that can be an issue sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/02/2023 at 9:11 PM, Jacko_the_lad said:

Has anyone tested the feature where you can play disc games without inserting the disc so long as you have a version of the game from the store?

I'm going to reinstall Outriders to go through with a friend who is getting it through Plus, and was wondering if that would work. Just in case my save doesn't work with the digital version. Because I know that can be an issue sometimes.

Not really sure what you mean here.

I originally played Dragon Age Inquisition on disc years ago but very recently played Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY digital version using my disc saves. This was backwards compatibility too. Had no problems. If you're going to play a digital version of a game you have on disc but you don't want to insert the disc then the digital version, at the very least, has to be installed on the console.

Unless you're talking about the PS5 upgrade? As in, you have the PS4 disc with a PS5 digital upgrade installed and wish to play the PS5 version without having to insert the PS4 disc?

15 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Unless you're talking about the PS5 upgrade? As in, you have the PS4 disc with a PS5 digital upgrade installed and wish to play the PS5 version without having to insert the PS4 disc?

I read it as that too. This feature hasnt been mentioned in these notes, yet was in the beta notes. Is it included in this, or does it just not work in that way?

So I just downloaded the new PS5 update and gone into my games library and my collection, for some reason in the most recent games I've got 2 games showing up I've never ever played or purchased. The 2 are, NHL 23 and Battlefield 4. NHL 23 is saying I've played for 134 hours and Battlefield 4 I've played for 701 hours?

What could be going on guys? Anyone else got this problem? I've never ever played or bought those 2 games and there showing up from nowhere. 

Update: So I've just spoken with PlayStation chat support and they've told me that I don't indeed own both of those games (which I already knew) and that there isn't any suspicious activity on my account so they said my account hasn't been compromised at all. They don't know what it is. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

So I just downloaded the new PS5 update and gone into my games library and my collection, for some reason in the most recent games I've got 2 games showing up I've never ever played or purchased. The 2 are, NHL 23 and Battlefield 4. NHL 23 is saying I've played for 134 hours and Battlefield 4 I've played for 701 hours?

What could be going on guys? Anyone else got this problem? I've never ever played or bought those 2 games and there showing up from nowhere. 

Just figured I would pop in and say that I think I'm having the same kind of issue. My PS5 is showing that some of my most recent downloads include Genshin Impact, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Lego Batman 3, several Just Dance games, and others I have no memory of claiming. I'm also missing some of my games too. Hope it gets fixed soon.

7 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

What new Platinum animation?

1 minute ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

There's a new animation when the trophy pops that shows the platinum trophy appearing, as opposed to the icon that shows for any other trophy.

To add to this the new sound is a nice touch + it shows up in the notifications bar with the animation to which is cool.

That new plat animation looks cool.

1 hour ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Update: So I've just spoken with PlayStation chat support and they've told me that I don't indeed own both of those games (which I already knew) and that there isn't any suspicious activity on my account so they said my account hasn't been compromised at all. They don't know what it is. 

31 minutes ago, kindajustin said:

Just figured I would pop in and say that I think I'm having the same kind of issue. My PS5 is showing that some of my most recent downloads include Genshin Impact, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Lego Batman 3, several Just Dance games, and others I have no memory of claiming. I'm also missing some of my games too. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Seems like all big firmware updates have a few kinks that need a new update soon after to iron out. I wouldn't worry too much and figure they'll eventually sort it out. 

Edited by MidnightDragon

1 hour ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

49 minutes ago, kindajustin said:

I haven't updated my PS5 yet (and kinda scared to now tbh, heh), but I read a few comments from people on Reddit having the same issues you describe - locked games they've never bought or played that even have "time played" shown. Someone's collection even grew by over 100 from these random games apparently. So it's definitely a not too uncommon issue with this update it seems. Here's a couple of links to the comments I saw in case you're interested:

Link 1. Link 2.

I didn't see anyone mention it on the Reddit post I was looking at, but have either of you tried restoring your licenses yet to see if that resolves it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

I haven't updated my PS5 yet (and kinda scared to now tbh, heh), but I read a few comments from people on Reddit having the same issues you describe - locked games they've never bought or played that even have "time played" shown. Someone's collection even grew by over 100 from these random games apparently. So it's definitely a not too uncommon issue with this update it seems. Here's a couple of links to the comments I saw in case you're interested:

Link 1. Link 2.

I didn't see anyone mention it on the Reddit post I was looking at, but have either of you tried restoring your licenses yet to see if that resolves it?

That's good to hear that it's a glitch and nothing like my account being compromised or something like that. 

7 hours ago, TheNarrator said:

I read it as that too. This feature hasnt been mentioned in these notes, yet was in the beta notes. Is it included in this, or does it just not work in that way?

Haven't tested it personally as I generally wait a few days before installing new system updates. However, some people in The Outer Worlds forum are reporting that they're able to play the PS5 upgrade version without needing to insert the disc. I've also just bought the PS5 upgrade today at the heavily discounted price and never needed to insert the PS4 disc for the discounted price to show on the store. However, seeing as I haven't installed the new system update and was still able to get the discounted price to show that indicates it's probably an Outer Worlds thing rather than anything to do with the most recent system update.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom