New PS5 software update 7.0 [Discord, VRR…]

Sailar91

4 hours ago, ukiukimidnite said:

Does anyone know if there's a way to turn off the "Friends Who Play" tile?

I don't have (or want) any PSN friends, so that box is just useless to me. I'm guessing there isn't a way to get rid of it though... 1f605.png

I doubt it we can turn it off.

Its like the Accolades, Sony abandoned it cause barely anyone use it or any game really had incorporated it but it still there now till this day.

There had been times when I notice the UI glitched and accolades no longer there which stretches the trophy bar across screen. Looks better I guess. Maybe i will try to screenshot to show if it ever happens again.

I dont think we will ever get themes back on PS5. I mean Sony abandoned even selling avatars this generation. We wont find them in store or webstore thru normal means. I mean how would themes even work since every game has there own image and music and Sony likes it that way for their interface..

On 08/03/2023 at 8:37 PM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I'm assuming that no family members or friends has access to your account? If not then I'd hate to be a downer but I don't think Playstation Support is being honest with you here, or at least the adviser you spoke to might be giving you incorrect information. They've already admitted they don't know what it is so I'm not sure how they can conclude that your account definitely hasn't been compromised.

Sony generally don't like to admit when an account has been hacked because it exposes their weak security system.

I remember a few years ago somebody broke into my account and purchased some random game. Playstation Support refused to conclude that my account had been compromised and wouldn't refund me so I had to go through Paypal to get it. Playstation Support retaliated to this by locking me out of my console for two weeks as punishment. They then eventually admitted that my account was hacked but lied in their email report by saying a phishing website was the cause (at the time the only place I would have entered my details is on the console, not a computer), essentially trying to make out that it was my fault and not the holes in their shite security. Not long after they introduced 2 step verification lol. 

Most recently I went through an ordeal just trying to get access to a free PS5 upgrade for a game I already own which eventually resolved itself (without their help) but the amount of BS Playstation Support was feeding me for months before that will not be forgotten.

Playstation Support has always been trash. Provided you're certain no friends or family members could have access to the account, I would definitely get a second opinion if I were you and change your password in the meantime.

Well as you can see, there's lot of other people in this thread having the same issues as me so I doubt what you've said is true. There's also lots of people on Reddit that have posted the same issues too since this PS5 update. 

1 hour ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Well as you can see, there's lot of other people in this thread having the same issues as me so I doubt what you've said is true. There's also lots of people on Reddit that have posted the same issues too since this PS5 update. 

Well, regarding what Playstation Support did to me a few years ago, yes, that's 100% true which is why I'm sceptical of the advice Support gave you. I'm not saying your account has definitely been hacked. I'm just saying that I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility. 

The issue I've seen so far from others on this thread seems to be a discrepancy within the games count, not random games they don't own and haven't played appearing in their library. Quite different.

Like I said, if you're certain nobody you know has access to your account it might be worth just being cautious just in case, but it's up to you. All the best with it and hope Playstation Support can resolve it for you soon. ?

23 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Well, regarding what Playstation Support did to me a few years ago, yes, that's 100% true which is why I'm sceptical of the advice Support gave you. I'm not saying your account has definitely been hacked. I'm just saying that I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility. 

The issue I've seen so far from others on this thread seems to be a discrepancy within the games count, not random games they don't own and haven't played appearing in their library. Quite different.

Like I said, if you're certain nobody you know has access to your account it might be worth just being cautious just in case, but it's up to you. All the best with it and hope Playstation Support can resolve it for you soon. 1f60a.png

There are people in this thread saying that games have been added that they've never played or purchased with hours played too. Look back and you'll see. 

On 09/03/2023 at 5:22 AM, kindajustin said:

Yeah I pretty much completely agree. My library issues seem pretty small compared to yours, you're missing like 175 games currently? I'd be pretty annoyed too, I'm already annoyed lol.

As far as "friends who play" goes, those numbers already seemed pretty off. PS5 said last week that I had 162 friends who had played Phantom Breaker Omnia. Now they're all just zeroed out, but numbers are clearly not Sony's strong suit haha.

Since a couple others have brought up weird play times as well, most of my play times seem to have been reset or randomized as I look around my library further. I have 1 minute played in GTA V, where I've played well over 500 hours of this game. 210 hours recorded in Genshin Impact and 15 hours in Lego Marvel Super Heroes, never played either game.

97 games missing from mine now, it hasn't gone up at all since it reached 603 games. Still not sure what's missing, if it's anything digital, or just old physical games or something. One of my spouse's accounts is still missing over 100 games as well, though his other account has reached the same number it was pre-update again. The library on my PS4 is also missing all physical games that have DLC that aren't currently installed since its update the same day, so I think something got royally screwed up on the library backend with PSN in general or something.

On 09/03/2023 at 1:38 PM, Jacko_the_lad said:

The trophy percentage has been viewable on PS5 for ages, hasn't it?

Nope, always used to update my profile on here to see my trophy percentage when playing on PS5.

1 hour ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Nope, always used to update my profile on here to see my trophy percentage when playing on PS5.

I'm assuming you mean the progress bar on your overall level, right?

Because you couldn't see that in the early days of PS5, but you've been able to view it by pressing square when on the trophies page since sometime in 2021, I believe. The only thing they've changed in this update is that it is now at a glance at the top of the screen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

There are people in this thread saying that games have been added that they've never played or purchased with hours played too. Look back and you'll see. 

Ah, my bad. Just went back and re-read and saw one other person is having the same issue so you're likely right.

(I still don't trust Playstation Support though lol)

2 hours ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

97 games missing from mine now, it hasn't gone up at all since it reached 603 games. Still not sure what's missing, if it's anything digital, or just old physical games or something. One of my spouse's accounts is still missing over 100 games as well, though his other account has reached the same number it was pre-update again. The library on my PS4 is also missing all physical games that have DLC that aren't currently installed since its update the same day, so I think something got royally screwed up on the library backend with PSN in general or something.

I went through my library again last night to check more closely and try to identify what's missing. All of my recent games are there so I was wondering if the number displayed under Your Collection was simply off and maybe I wasn't actually missing anything. The number checks out as accurate, so I'm almost definitely missing several games. The only game I noticed for sure that's missing is Nier Automata, a game I played via disc and haven't touched since 2018. But other disc-based games are still present in my library.

46 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Ah, my bad. Just went back and re-read and saw one other person is having the same issue so you're likely right.

I really don't think this is a security related issue. I have 2FA enabled on my account, have not had any suspicious activity on my credit card recently, my actual purchase history on PSN store looks fine, and all of my trophies are familiar to me. My library is just completely screwed right now. Games I haven't touched in years are sitting at the very top of my most recent list, while games I played a couple of months ago are all the way at the bottom. I have games that I don't actually own in my library and have never played before, some of them even have hours played. It's just a mess.

But I do agree that Playstation Support is sketchy, and more importantly, useless when it comes to actually solving problems. This problem doesn't seem to be affecting a huge number of people. If that is the case, Sony probably won't even acknowledge the issue in any official capacity and I'll ultimately just have to get used to my library being yet another broken PSN feature. All we can really do is wait and hope it fixes itself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

?

34 minutes ago, kindajustin said:

I went through my library again last night to check more closely and try to identify what's missing. All of my recent games are there so I was wondering if the number displayed under Your Collection was simply off and maybe I wasn't actually missing anything. The number checks out as accurate, so I'm almost definitely missing several games. The only game I noticed for sure that's missing is Nier Automata, a game I played via disc and haven't touched since 2018. But other disc-based games are still present in my library.

I really don't think this is a security related issue. I have 2FA enabled on my account, have not had any suspicious activity on my credit card recently, my actual purchase history on PSN store looks fine, and all of my trophies are familiar to me. My library is just completely screwed right now. Games I haven't touched in years are sitting at the very top of my most recent list, while games I played a couple of months ago are all the way at the bottom. I have games that I don't actually own in my library and have never played before, some of them even have hours played. It's just a mess.

Exactly my case too. I too also have 2FA turned on and have done for many years and like I said before, PlayStation Support also told me there's been no suspicious activity on my account and none that I've ever noticed either. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

8 hours ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

I'm assuming you mean the progress bar on your overall level, right?

Because you couldn't see that in the early days of PS5, but you've been able to view it by pressing square when on the trophies page since sometime in 2021, I believe. The only thing they've changed in this update is that it is now at a glance at the top of the screen.

Yeah, that's exactly it. I must have somehow completely missed being able to see it by pressing square before, lol. I didn't get my PS5 until about late 2021 or early 2022. At least the level progress is easily viewable now.

7 hours ago, kindajustin said:

I'm thinking it may be disc based games I haven't played in several years that are missing for me as well, though I'm not sure what exactly IS missing. When I set the filter to just show what I've bought via the PSN store, I think the number checks out (based on what I remember anyway, it was 400 something), so I don't think I'm missing any digital games/DLC at least, but again, not 100% certain.

With random games that people have never played appearing some people's libraries though, and games/DLC also missing from my PS4 libraries (and at least a few others, it seems), I'm just gonna have to assume something went a bit haywire somewhere. Hopefully it's something that will get resolved soon.

Edit: So I noticed my "purchased" library count went back up to normal (I think? Don't remember what it was before tbh) on PS4 when I just checked that. So I went and checked my PS5, and all 700 games are back and accounted for there now too as well. For anyone else that was having issues with the library on PS5, is it fixed for you now as well?

Edited by Raidou Kuzunoha XIV
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Edit: So I noticed my "purchased" library count went back up to normal (I think? Don't remember what it was before tbh) on PS4 when I just checked that. So I went and checked my PS5, and all 700 games are back and accounted for there now too as well. For anyone else that was having issues with the library on PS5, is it fixed for you now as well?

Still a mess for me sadly, hasn't changed at all since the update scrambled things. I even tried restoring licenses like you had mentioned but that just yielded the same. Knowing how dealing with Playstation support is, for now I'm just gonna accept this new library I have until it gets fixed. 90% of my stuff is still there both new and old. It just isn't worth stressing over. If I come to a point in the future where there's a game I'm sure I purchased but don't seem to have access to anymore, that could be annoying but I'll deal with it then. If it's all visual just like the locked games that are on my library now, then I should still have access to everything I've ever purchased, it just might take more digging to find.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kindajustin said:

Still a mess for me sadly, hasn't changed at all since the update scrambled things. I even tried restoring licenses like you had mentioned but that just yielded the same. Knowing how dealing with Playstation support is, for now I'm just gonna accept this new library I have until it gets fixed. 90% of my stuff is still there both new and old. It just isn't worth stressing over. If I come to a point in the future where there's a game I'm sure I purchased but don't seem to have access to anymore, that could be annoying but I'll deal with it then. If it's all visual just like the locked games that are on my library now, then I should still have access to everything I've ever purchased, it just might take more digging to find.

That's a shame. I heard a few other people say it seems to be fixed for them now, but I guess the problem still persists for some - they may still be working on it or something. Hopefully it resolves itself for you as well at some point.

• Like 1

I just noticed the same problem on my PS5.

When I went to see my collection in my game library, I saw several games that were added without even playing it.

A playing time is also present. Fornite, Minecraft, Nauruto, etc ...

An other uptade broken... Well done Sony...

• 1 month later...