Twitter API no longer free from 9th Feb. - PSNP still tweeting?

Not quite sure why this was moved to "PlayStation Network" when it is a query about site functionality and has nothing to do with PSN, but hey ho.

My personal Twitter usage has dipped significantly recently, even more so in the last few weeks because they essentially killed all 3rd-party apps when blocking them from using the API - and I can't stand the official app.

I was still using it, mostly to tweet trophy stuff because most of those I follow and who follow me are gamers. It's not something I'm overly concerned about as the tweets are automated and I never look at them myself. I'm just generally curious as to whether the site (and the others that offer the ability) will be able to continue with this feature. But I guess no-one knows for sure right now, as there's no further info about paid access to the API and how much it will cost.

Twitter is great but you straight up cannot use the official app or web version. It shoves things you don't want to see down your throat and promotes toxic users and clickbait. Using a third party application like Tweetdeck and following exactly who you want to follow and you'll have a nice feed curated by you. Or at least that's how it has been. This has potential to ruin several good Twitter feeds.

19 hours ago, Paranoimia said:

Not quite sure why this was moved to "PlayStation Network" when it is a query about site functionality and has nothing to do with PSN, but hey ho.

My personal Twitter usage has dipped significantly recently, even more so in the last few weeks because they essentially killed all 3rd-party apps when blocking them from using the API - and I can't stand the official app.

I was still using it, mostly to tweet trophy stuff because most of those I follow and who follow me are gamers. It's not something I'm overly concerned about as the tweets are automated and I never look at them myself. I'm just generally curious as to whether the site (and the others that offer the ability) will be able to continue with this feature. But I guess no-one knows for sure right now, as there's no further info about paid access to the API and how much it will cost.

I never post any my trophies but i still wonder can u still like #PS4/5_Share screenshot/videos after this update? 

Just now, kdogg_gamer_ said:

What does this mean in simple terms? Twitter isn’t free anymore?

Twitter is still free for Twitter users. Software that want to interact with Twitter needs to pay Twitter for accessing Twitter functions.

You will still be able to use the app or site directly, but accessing Twitter indirectly through a 3rd party will now cost that 3rd party money (once enacted).

• Like 2

On 03/02/2023 at 2:39 PM, Eternal8Gaming said:

I never post any my trophies but i still wonder can u still like #PS4/5_Share screenshot/videos after this update? 

My guess would be no, unless Sony pay for access to the API to continue allowing consoles to share.

On 2.2.2023 at 7:01 PM, Eternal8Gaming said:

Good reason why i hate that moron musk, and good thing he is already getting poor losing his money. 

>Guy goes from 220 billion dollars to 185 billion dollars

Haha look at that loser with his mere 185 billion, how will Elon Musk ever recover from losing so much money? I sure wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now. I mean, how could anyone survive with just 185 billion?

• Like 3