Twitter API no longer free from 9th Feb. - PSNP still tweeting?

On 3/2/2023 at 9:39 PM, Eternal8Gaming said:

I never post any my trophies but i still wonder can u still like #PS4/5_Share screenshot/videos after this update? 

This is what I'm worried about, actually.

Will we not be able to share screenshots/videos via PS4/PS5 onto Twitter anymore? :(

• Like 1

On 03/02/2023 at 2:39 PM, Eternal8Gaming said:

I never post any my trophies but i still wonder can u still like #PS4/5_Share screenshot/videos after this update? 

In theory, yes, you would be able to 'like' them.

The problem is that, unless Sony pays Twitter for API access to allow posting from the consoles, sharing screenshots or trophy wins from the PS4/PS5 to Twitter won't be possible - so there won't be any for you to 'like'.

If Sony isn't willing to pay, then I suspect Twitter integration on the PS4/PS5 will be removed in a future firmware update.

7 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

This is not true.

The API is used to make bot accounts that can search through the Twitter database, or automate Tweets coming from that account. The API has absolutely nothing to do with the functionality of clicking a link or a share button to post a pre-made Tweet on your own Twitter account (i.e., the account of the person who clicked the link, as opposed to the account of the bot/program that generated the link). Sony won't need to pay anything for Share functionality to still work, because they aren't automating the posting of tweets on one centralized bot Twitter account that they run; rather they are just generating a Tweet and giving you an opportunity to post it, which doesn't use the API at all.

Uses API: A bot that automatically Tweets every time thing X happens (e.g., a new trophy list goes live on Sony's servers).

Does not use API: A website/service that lets you click a link or press a button to post a pre-made Tweet on your own Twitter account.

Finally, someone who understands it instead of jumping to conclusions and scaremongering! Most users will see very little change, those of you who have auto posting of trophies from PSNP will see that feature stop.

• Like 2

On 5.2.2023 at 0:36 AM, Silver-I-Chariot said:

>Guy goes from 220 billion dollars to 185 billion dollars

Haha look at that loser with his mere 185 billion, how will Elon Musk ever recover from losing so much money? I sure wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now. I mean, how could anyone survive with just 185 billion?

I would love to see him to go 185 billion to negative balance

• Like 2