Only as good as your 50th rarest plat... How good are you?

Beyondthegrave07

1L24a35a.png

40-platinum.png Superstar (10,18%)

L9fe24f.png

Supercar Challenge PS3

If I am as good as my 50th rarest plat, then I am definitely happy to be a superstar!

A Playstation 3 racing game with this rarity seems about right though. I still love the console and love myself plenty of racing games as well. And funnily enough I am actually helping someone with the online trophies for this game as I am typing this.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Yours is Fallout 3 which is 12.31%

3 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

You sure? I followed the guide, ah well thanks

You had it right Z1MZUM. When you filter by 'platinum only' and sort by rarity, it displays the trophy order from least to most rare by default, but as soon you click on a different page number, the display order changes to most to least rare.

• Like 1

1L108f4e.png

Escape Dead Island - Pure Platinum

14,24%

I've only got 75 plats, but I think my rarity distribution is pretty good. This game got sandwiched in between RE5 and FFVII Remaster, but what's strange is that... I really enjoyed Escape Dead Island. I've never played any of the other Dead Island games. The biggest reason I got EDI was for the doge meme trophy. But still, while the game isn't very good and I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone, I liked it's straightforward gameplay, creepy and strange atmosphere (some things that happened I still don't know were glitches or just stuff programmed in to be weird), great art style and some humor. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Rather appropriately, your theory would put me at the very, very outside edge of rarity…

… just squeaking into the UR category by the smallest possible margin 1f602.png

1L5baf2f.png

Assassin’s Creed III - 5.00%

This is my 50th rarest platinum too!

My 100th is Mafia II at 11.95% rarity.

Edited by Steven-Spiegel
  • Like 2

Control (PS4) - 27.74% (Uncommon)
Great game, not a difficult platinum but a little bit grindy.

This actually does sum up my trophy hunting career really well, I don't really get any overly difficult platinums but if I enjoy a game I will grind as much as I have to ?

• Like 2

50th Rarest Platinum is from Cars 2 at 13.85% Rare

100th Rarest is from Everything at 23.26% Uncommon

Out of 263 platinums

I'd say it's pretty accurate to my current standings of what I happen to like/care about with regards to trophies. Those are both from 2021; since then, I've gotten more bold about trying whatever games, despite their rated difficulty. Very different behavior from my vehement avoidance of difficult or "platinum-less" games when I started 6 years ago. ? 

Edited by Long-Ryde
  • Like 1

For me I would count rarity as amount out people who have Plat the game instead of the percentage of people taken from how many have played it, but we don't have that option unfortunately. 

50th is the Amazing Rogue Warrior. 4.11%1L24a170.png

100th is a completionists nightmare ?. Killing Floor 2. 7.98%

1Lef368d.png

Edited by GUDGER666

50th Rarest

1Lca17d1.png

The Lego Movie: The Game (PS3) - The Piece of Resistence  (11.72%)

I legitimately have no idea why this one is so rare (relatively,) It's only 0.17% less rare than the PS4 Fall Guys re-releases. It's a fine lego game, and certainly better than its genuinely awful sequel. Shorter than most lego games which is why it's rarity confuses me.

100th Rarest

1Lc42e03.png

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (Vita) - Top of the Heap (18.28%)

I have been a fan of Jak and Daxter for years, I was prepared to buy the Vita Trilogy on release; fortunately I had bought the fantastic PS3 Remasters digitally, so I'd got the vita versions for free, and thank god I didn't buy these ports, they're awful. If you know me, you'd know I'm no frame rate snob, I'm perfectly happy to play games at 30. But 2 and 3 were vertually unplayable, the first was the best at around 20 fps, but it still wasn't great, and I can see why this version is over 19% rarer.