trottheim and devils pit patched

kaptainmyke

Trottheim pirates not spawning and enemies at devils pit do not respawn after recent patches.  I'm almost done with game but I do not have the marksman and humpty dumpty trophies yet.  I am having trouble finding a new "grinding spot" so to speak.  Does anyone have any idea where the new grind spots can be for these 2 trophies? 

Thanks guys!

11 minutes ago, kaptainmyke said:

Trottheim pirates not spawning and enemies at devils pit do not respawn after recent patches.  I'm almost done with game but I do not have the marksman and humpty dumpty trophies yet.  I am having trouble finding a new "grinding spot" so to speak.  Does anyone have any idea where the new grind spots can be for these 2 trophies? 

Thanks guys!

The Trottheim spot only works if you approach Trottheim so that the enemies become hostile. This also begins a side quest there which maybe stops those enemies near the cliff from spawning if you complete it as they seem related to Trottheim in some way.

Devil's Pit was patched way back, but Trottheim should still work.

21 minutes ago, kaptainmyke said:

I already completed that quest unfortunately.  is there another place to grind those trophies out?

Oh wow so it does stop them likely it seems.

Im routing a 100% speedrun and thought this maybe possible from observations. Though it was just speculation at this point, something I had on my list to test.

Next time I get on then, I need to test this first before anything just to confirm and can warn of the player if so. That is a perfect spot for farming so needs to be understood correctly.

I cant think of any good spots unfortunately, not like this, but there are a lot of spots around the game where enemies will respawn after a few days.

You want to go to lower level areas so you kill the enemies quicker. If you steal in White Orchard to aggro the guards, they will be a mega low level, though dunno if its possible to respawn them or not by walking away or warping

Are you sure? For me, the pirates spawned on the cliff. I just did the trophy on the PS5. It was also night in the game.

Edit: i finished the story with lambert and killed everyone in trottheim. Or do you mean another quest?

Edited by zmastruz

2 minutes ago, Pete_392 said:

This spot is perfect for all miscellaneous combat trophies, you only need to move away slightly for them to respawn:

That's the area I'm talking about.  No enemies spawn there in my game.  I guess doing the quest in the village of Trottheim makes them not spawn.

37 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Oh wow so it does stop them likely it seems.

Im routing a 100% speedrun and thought this maybe possible from observations. Though it was just speculation at this point, something I had on my list to test.

Next time I get on then, I need to test this first before anything just to confirm and can warn of the player if so. That is a perfect spot for farming so needs to be understood correctly.

I cant think of any good spots unfortunately, not like this, but there are a lot of spots around the game where enemies will respawn after a few days.

You want to go to lower level areas so you kill the enemies quicker. If you steal in White Orchard to aggro the guards, they will be a mega low level, though dunno if its possible to respawn them or not by walking away or warping

Yep it appears they never spawn if you complete the mission I guess.  I have too many saves over from when I was here initially so I guess I have to aggro guards in towns then.  Thanks

Which quest is the one blocking this exactly? I farmed all the combat trophies (Master Marksman, Humpty Dumpty, Axii puppet, Overkill , Hasta la Vista) yesterday with the 2 pirates after the patch, and I had all side quests completed in the game besides Tower Out of Nowhere and the one with the Grossbart brothers or something like that and those are on other islands. Main story was at the start of Battle Preparations.

I always travelled to the Trottheim fast travel point and went on foot from there to the exact spot they spawn (no Roach at all). They were a bit unreliable but when I ran up the road to the west until I saw the harpies in the distance then go back to the spot and repeated this 2-3 times, they always came. I also noticed that when I unequip my swords they basically instantly spawn 4 out of 5 times after I kill them and start walking the other way. Also, they never spawned when the spot was in my field of view (mine, not Geralt's - so running towards the screen and looking back blocked it), only when I was looking the other way. Hope some of this helps.

Edited by Shivora

The mission where you save the villagers in the nearby village I think the word flesh is in the mission. This time I started a brand new game and went to level nine I returned to that village, and this time I did not save the villagers, and I gave negative answers to the Pirates there in the village and it left it pending so then I went back to that spot, and now the infinite spawning Pirates are there so I was able to get Humpty Dumpty and marksman trophies and platinum this game for the fourth time now

Edited by kaptainmyke

Apologies if somebody already mentioned this but devils pit still works providing you don’t kill all the enemies.

I completely cleared the area and realised the enemies wouldn’t respawn regardless of what I tried so I reloaded an older save from before I cleared it and just killed the first 5 or 6 enemies then left and fast travelled to skellige and back.

I think it’s fine so long as you leave one or two enemies alive (this was 2 days ago on the new patch)