HELP - COD Vanguard trophy auto popped?

Skills_Keyblade

Hello,

I just booted Call of Duty Vanguard, when I logged into the game the trophy "Leet Skills" auto popped. I have no idea why it has done this. Is this related to me using my Activision account. Has this happened to anyone else? I am worry I am going to get flagged for this and have to hide the game. 

Does anyone know why this would happen, I feel strongly it is linked to my Activision account. 

Edit: I have just looked at 2 of the 5 latest achievers and they both have the level 55 trophy earned first, phew. How odd I didn't read anything about this in the guide.

Edit 2* from PSNProfiles Trophy Guide, Note: If you have completed this on PS4/PS5, this trophy will autopop on the other version when you go into Multiplayer.

I have not completed the game on PS4 on this account (Skills_Keyblade), but neither have the other two people that earned it first.

Edited by Skills_Keyblade

But... You played other CoDs which are probably using the same data for your char. Have you reached lvl 55 in any other CoD?

(not sure which ones are connected, but I know that some of them are).

Just assuming.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

Yeah I have platinum almost all of the other CoDs, so it must be connected to my Activision Account? I thought it was only if you had played CoD Vanguard on PS4 version, transferring the data to PS5. I guess like you have suggested it is also connected to any CoD using the Activision Account? Just seems so weird that it's not in the guide. 

A few of those who recently earned it, clearly have it from having gotten the Platinum on the other platform.

However, not all. And the game also hasn't released an update for several months. So I'm thinking it's tied to the launch of Warzone 2/MW22 and an Activision account, where having gotten to level 55+ in MW19, Cold War, Vanguard, Warzone 1/2 or even MW22 might weirdly unlock it in Vanguard.

• Like 2

I wonder if I create a new PSN Account, boot up Vanguard and connect it to my Activision Account if it'll repeat the trophy pop, might have to test it out. Im thinking it will as like you said their are other people who have it also first and have not done the PS4 version or visa-versa. Freaked me out when it popped haha. I wonder if A Mod of the site can provide input into this. 

Do you think this is something that is going to be flaggable now that I have brought it to attention?

i dont remember exactly what level i was but when i was working on Vanguard i stopped at level 38 or so, i went to MW19 to finish off the DLC trophy and after never playing any MW19 multiplayer modes i started at level 38 then finished at level 41 and logged onto Vanguard at level 41

the recent CoDs are definitely cross progressive but im also unsure how, i think it may be seasonal because i grinded prestiges on Cold War and it never levelled me up on MW19 like it did with Vanguard

• Like 1

Your player level is shared (tied to your activision account) between Modern Warfare 2019, Cold War, Warzone and Vanguard.They used to reset it to level 1 when support for the games was still active but since MW2 release that stopped. I assume you reached Level 55 in Cold War (saw it finished on your profile ) causing the trophy to pop for reaching level 55 in vanguard.

Edited by lhardwood
  • Like 1

Thanks for the responses guys! This makes sense now that is has something to do with the Activision Account, just seems so random to me that it would work across games like this.

I really love CoD multiplayer and the Zombies modes and aiming for a trophy gives me a reason in my OCD head to play it. It auto-popping the level 55 trophy is quite disappointing.