Thoughts on Dead Space Remake?

Ben-Gun

Dead Space is scary as hell! Just like it was in 2008. I was super excited (and scared shitless) to play this game all over again. It took me 3 playthoughs and 19 hours to earn 100%. I would rate the difficulty 5/10 - easy peasy. It took me 2 years to earn the Platinum in the original game. This time it took 5 days! Wohoo!?

I love how they improved on the original, switched out the awful turret section, included side missions (which are well done), keeping many of the cool easter egss along with adding new ones!!

Made a little video highlighting the badassary that are present in the game. It's not all horror - It's Hand Cannon carnage pew pew ? 

Edited by Ben-Gun
  • Like 1

You must love Dead space!

I'm on my 3rd play through. I'm going to have to do a fourth because I haven't looked at guide and didn't know I can only see the alternative ending on a NG+ and the only save I have is chapter 12 and 4.

I wasn't sure I'd done the right thing in pre ordering this as it was a remake and was quite expensive, but I'm not disappointed, graphically the game is superb (maybe its the OLED TV?) and have enjoyed playing. The detail is amazing. No complaints.

I saw your tips/guide on unlimited credits, I'll see how I fair on Impossible before I try.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Starship_Pooper said:

I'm on my 3rd play through. I'm going to have to do a fourth because I haven't looked at guide and didn't know I can only see the alternative ending on a NG+ and the only save I have is chapter 12 and 4.

There's an alternative ending in the remake?

12 hours ago, Starship_Pooper said:

You must love Dead space!

I wasn't sure I'd done the right thing in pre ordering this as it was a remake and was quite expensive, but I'm not disappointed, graphically the game is superb (maybe its the OLED TV?) and have enjoyed playing. The detail is amazing. No complaints.

I saw your tips/guide on unlimited credits, I'll see how I fair on Impossible before I try.

I played the original when I was 13 years old... took me 2 years to complete haha. It really is a great franchise! CAN'T WAIT for Dead Space 2!!! It's one of the best games ever - soooooo badass!