Collectible Counter Buggy

aserfgh

1 hour ago, mixtuf said:

In the Collections I have everything at 100%, but my ps5 says 554/603 and on here (PSN Profiles) it says 521/603. I have found everything including butterflies. The trophy didn't pop. The count must be totally trashed. I'm wondering if i delete all saves and start the game again it may correct the collectibles count, but it is a lot of grind for one trophy and the platinum and it might still not pop.

Something that very few places mention is the collections obviously want you to collect but for like enemies you have to actually defeat them but it "collects" them by encounter and some human enemies do run away and you may not notice in the heat of battle and stuff like plants you must grow not just buy or be given same with potions so on the collection page people are seeing 100% but it's misleading because you may have encountered but not obtained which sucks not saying that's what happened to you just it may be possible 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Something that very few places mention is the collections obviously want you to collect but for like enemies you have to actually defeat them but it "collects" them by encounter and some human enemies do run away and you may not notice in the heat of battle and stuff like plants you must grow not just buy or be given same with potions so on the collection page people are seeing 100% but it's misleading because you may have encountered but not obtained which sucks not saying that's what happened to you just it may be possible 

Ahhh so I have some plants and all I bought and stuff like that so I see my collections in game counting but not trophy counter , but if I grow said plant or brew a potion I found then my trophy counter will go up. Good to know so buggy but still achievable 

1 hour ago, DiscoKing said:

Ahhh so I have some plants and all I bought and stuff like that so I see my collections in game counting but not trophy counter , but if I grow said plant or brew a potion I found then my trophy counter will go up. Good to know so buggy but still achievable 

Yeah pretty much well it should I can't guarantee cause plants and potions are only a handful of them so wouldn't account for a large number if your missing a lot but if u set up a few tables you can brew and grow everything pretty fast 

Edited by Taliesin_2943

On 04/03/2023 at 6:39 PM, SuzyRed said:

There is an Infamous foe in one of the quests in the mine. You can go back there even if you did the quest already..

You can go back to the location of any infamous foe but you can't defeat any you've already beat in the past, they do not respawn. Therein lies the problem if the game bugs and doesn't count one.

22 hours ago, mixtuf said:

In the Collections I have everything at 100%, but my ps5 says 554/603 and on here (PSN Profiles) it says 521/603. I have found everything including butterflies. The trophy didn't pop. The count must be totally trashed. I'm wondering if i delete all saves and start the game again it may correct the collectibles count, but it is a lot of grind for one trophy and the platinum and it might still not pop.

I tried that but still stuck on 602/603.....

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 0:53 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

Thanks for the info. Does that mean then that I have to build every potion and herb table etc. I have been back to all infamous foe sites and none of the were there, so i must have killed them all.

21 hours ago, mazem93 said:

I tried that but still stuck on 602/603.....

That is such an awful pain.  In that case i think i'll not play the game again until maybe another patch is released.

• Like 1

Finished yesterday nearly everything. Got 100% on the Challenges but missing a Few Collectibels, compared it with the PS Count and ingame Counter and seems to be right.
Need to buy some Conjurations and find some Revelio Pages.

I had a little bug with the Talent Points, after spending all of them the Trophy did*nt pop  and the counter said 34/36. So i saved my game in a new Slot an reloaded an Autosave a few moments/minutes ago, after the Reload i could spend the last to Points again, still no trophy, then i reloaded the latest Save again and Plop the Trophy did pop. Curios but was no big deal at all.

So if the PS Counter ist bugged maybe some reloads will do the Trick, no promise, just worked fine with the Talent Counter.

I hate such Trophies, one small bug an a lot of work and fun turns into frustration because it won't work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mixtuf said:

Thanks for the info. Does that mean then that I have to build every potion and herb table etc. I have been back to all infamous foe sites and none of the were there, so i must have killed them all.

That is such an awful pain.  In that case i think i'll not play the game again until maybe another patch is released.

No the furniture stuff is strictly to obtain it's the plants and potions u must grow/ make and enemies you must actually kill (some rare ones might show up but run away un noticed)

Edited by Taliesin_2943
  • Like 1

For me is it also still the same, got everything in game collection but my PlayStation says I got 94% and 568/603.. ? I have removed the game from my PlayStation and instalt it without the updates and then started my last save and then I saw that I needed a lot to do and misses a couple of collections in the world but in the collections in the menu i had everything ?‍♂️. So I collected some stuff and then make a save again and then I instalt the updates again and reload the save again butt nothing was changed ?. 

• 1 month later...

My Collections page is 100% but trophy/PSNProfiles says I am at 595/603.  Tried brewing every potion/growing every plant/catching every beast and no luck.  Anyone got any little tricks I might try?  Otherwise this has been an exercise in frustration.

• Like 1

Okay I got it ... I used a downgrade version. Only works with disk version.

1. Save the game. 

2. Go offline and delete the game.

3. Reinstall in Offline mode without any updates. 

4. Hoop right in and as you can see, there are more Collections chests to loot. Some are empty, some are full. 

5. Search as long as you want till the collection in-game or you collection counter shows 603 total items. 

6. Save the game manually and use fast travel for quick auto save. 

7. Close the game and go back online to update the game back again. 

8.???

9. Profit.  Hopefully enjoy your pling gold Dopamin you are rightfull to get. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Resitor93 said:

Okay I got it ... I used a downgrade version. Only works with disk version.

1. Save the game. 

2. Go offline and delete the game.

3. Reinstall in Offline mode without any updates. 

4. Hoop right in and as you can see, there are more Collections chests to loot. Some are empty, some are full. 

5. Search as long as you want till the collection in-game or you collection counter shows 603 total items. 

6. Save the game manually and use fast travel for quick auto save. 

7. Close the game and go back online to update the game back again. 

8.???

9. Profit.  Hopefully enjoy your pling gold Dopamin you are rightfull to get. 

Tried this but I couldn‘t get my counter on the playstation to move ? and all the chests i was able to locate and open were empty. Out of around 10 chests sadly not one. Tried grabbing some field guide pages, but they didnt help with the counter either. Guess i‘m unlucky. Do i have to do sopmethign else? Did i miss somethign? Follwed exactly your steps

• Like 2

On 29/04/2023 at 7:40 AM, cybershark91 said:

Tried this but I couldn‘t get my counter on the playstation to move ? and all the chests i was able to locate and open were empty. Out of around 10 chests sadly not one. Tried grabbing some field guide pages, but they didnt help with the counter either. Guess i‘m unlucky. Do i have to do sopmethign else? Did i miss somethign? Follwed exactly your steps

Yeah same thing with happened with me trying this way.

Got into my save without any updates and saw all the collection chests on the map. But every chest I went to and opened was empty.

I kind of figured this would happen since what could have been inside these chests if I had collected everything in the collections tab already?

So my counter stayed at 600/603 and didn't go up at all from this method.

• Like 1

On 30.4.2023 at 1:46 AM, Aaron_Faull said:

Yeah same thing with happened with me trying this way.

Got into my save without any updates and saw all the collection chests on the map. But every chest I went to and opened was empty.

I kind of figured this would happen since what could have been inside these chests if I had collected everything in the collections tab already?

So my counter stayed at 600/603 and didn't go up at all from this method.

well, I thought it might be worth a try ?

I hope we will get an update soon. They didn't provide anything lately

• Like 1

Well the recent update is useless, i'm still in the same situation with the tracker on my PS5 still saying 599/603 and it won't fix....Collected everything in-game except for 1 collection, not needed but went back to get it and surprise surprise, still bugged where it says i've collected it but gave me nothing.

So useless update i've waited for 2 months for.

2 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Well the recent update is useless, i'm still in the same situation with the tracker on my PS5 still saying 599/603 and it won't fix....Collected everything in-game except for 1 collection, not needed but went back to get it and surprise surprise, still bugged where it says i've collected it but gave me nothing.

So useless update i've waited for 2 months for.

This could be one of those times where the fix isn't retroactive, therefore your only option is to start over with a clean save :(.

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This could be one of those times where the fix isn't retroactive, therefore your only option is to start over with a clean save :(.

There is no chance i'm starting over......It's very long and i always like to play different games.

On their site someone raised an issue about this exact problem where hundreds of people were affected (maybe even thousands) yet nothing since February-March.....They're a big gaming company, would have expected a patch for an issue like this quickly.

1 hour ago, Waspfarmer said:

im nervous about carrying on with my playthrough, as will my collectables glitch, hard to tell, all the effort for nothing , not sure what to do :( , iv taken a brake from the game because of this, i want to carry on but should i ?

If it still seems to be tracking, just make sure to take regular save backups... Otherwise I'd wait..

I'm 602/603 on the collectibles, but every single category is maxed out. It seems with this new patch it added a PS5 Activity to track these collectibles though, and there it says I'm 99% on Field Guide Pages (even though I have them all), so it still seems to be an issue :(

7 minutes ago, MildanWorld said:

If it still seems to be tracking, just make sure to take regular save backups... Otherwise I'd wait..

I'm 602/603 on the collectibles, but every single category is maxed out. It seems with this new patch it added a PS5 Activity to track these collectibles though, and there it says I'm 99% on Field Guide Pages (even though I have them all), so it still seems to be an issue :(

This was tracking before. I already had ingame 100% and there was a flying fieldguide page shown in the psguide. Sadly it is that bugged one at the greenhouse.

2 hours ago, MildanWorld said:

This was tracking before. I already had ingame 100% and there was a flying fieldguide page shown in the psguide. Sadly it is that bugged one at the greenhouse.

edit: just tested my oldest savestate. There i haven‘t collected the greenhouse page. This time it finally registers on the ps guide. 
on my 100% savestate that‘s the missing page which hasn‘t registerd. ? i might tackle those last hours till 100% again in a few werks or months. For now I‘m done with this game. Became quite boring after 56houre.

Ah, wait. I totaly forgot that the trophy has nothing to do with the game jelp challanges. ? it‘s tracking the infame collections and that missing field guide page shouldn‘t be relevant for that. So yeah. Entirely different problem which would change nothing for the not unlocking trophy ?