Imlerith boss

Ashbo

Question.

I can get Imlerith down to his last phase where he breaks his shield, weilds the staff and then you can attack when he gets it stuck in the deck, but when I attack him, he takes no damage from anything???

I have Elementa Oil on my swords, Enhanced Thunderbolt, Tawny Owl etc, I throw Samum bombs to stun him, use Igni, Quen, various decoctions but he takes no damage at all and ultimately I end up dying due to just trying to batter him out of frustration. Currently level 27 with Crushing Blows, Undying, Strength Training, Whirl, Rend and Crippling Strikes equipped as perks on my character build all maxxed out, but they dont seem to do anything??

Any tips or advice? Im on death march difficulty too.

Cheers.

hmm it sounds like you're doing the right things for preperation. Try a decoction that can make you OP pretty quickly in a one off fight like the Succubus, Water Hag or ideally Wyvern Decoction (which increases attack power with every hit landed).

From memory when his attack gets stuck in the ground he would be pretty tanky when receiving damage but it's all doable if you've come that far. Try taking a video maybe and posting it here it could be a glitch?

You just need to spam the Quen sign, then dodge until he strikes the ground and is stuck. Then you should get some blows in and replenish your quen sign. Rinse and repeat until he dies. Try the skill that lets you use signs from your special bar. Then you can constantly use quen as he depletes your health very fast

Hey guys,

Cheers for the replies.

Forgot about this post. Anyway, I have the plat now, so what happened with Imlerith is I ran into a bug.

Basically at the time as I said, I was lvl 27 with levelled gear and after trying everything and all obvious things including fist fighting him naked, I swapped my sword for a sword that was like I think lvl 11-12 and took him down 1st time! ?? so weird, his health bar just started dropping straight away with lowered weapons! As i'd made a save before this, I tried the same method a second time and it did the same with lower level swords! ?? As an older save was way before I didnt want to go back and the bug maybe reset, so I carried on.

Fortunately Caranthir and Eredin were okay. Bloody love this game it's fantastic and even better second time around.

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I just found a "secret" way to earn +2 ability points after defeating Imlerith. Thought about opening a new thread but I guess it also fits in here since this is about the Imlerith fight.

After defeating him, tell Ciri that you want to stay and rest a bit. Then head back to where Imleriths throne is and loot his body. There you´ll find a magic acorn which will be stored in your food inventory. Eating it grants you 2 ability points. Only took me 6 playthroughs to find out ? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

Never knew about this bug

Yeah, it behaves weirdly at times. I had to start over the lighthouse contract three times, because the enemy had invulnerability. 

There are some other oddities on PS5 as well. In kind of the opposite fashion, I was fighting some dragon contract, and hit him with a sword. He flew off, but kept flicking as if I was still hitting him. He just died this way.

Good times…

• Like 1

I never experienced this bug either but as soon as I read the original post, it sounded to me like you were doing everything right and had just encountered a no damage bug. Glad you got it sorted! It ends up being a very easy fight once you can get his move set down, even on the highest difficulties.

• Like 1