Do You Consider This Game "Shovelware"?

MrTacoNinja

Aw dude why are you ashamed?

IMO, all that matters is that you experienced a game. Some of them are dogshit, but that's true about games of any level of quality, shovelware or not.

Regardless, don't play them anymore if you don't like them that much, turn over a new gaming habit if it bothers you, there are thousands of games to play out there, and not enough time in life to play games you regret, especially if you're aware of it! But I will say, some shovelware games are super fun.

To answer your question about whether this is shovelware, I'd say yes based on some factors:

- Lots of gold trophies

- Short and Easy trophy requirements

- Low quality game elements (I think I have yet to play a PS5 game that had such low quality graphics. I think it looks like something I'd find from the PS3 era)

- Also adding the fact that every single room each of the game's 2 environments looks identical, which screams "low-effort"

Despite all that, it's a fun and short game, and free, so I'd play it if you're into those types of games. The only thing that isn't shovelware-esque IMO is the fact that it's free because shovelware is usually pushed as something you drop money to find out it's low quality, but aside from that, I'd label this as shovelware for it's low quality and lack of diversity in terms of game elements.

Edited by Long-Ryde
  • Like 1

No. It seems more like a game made by a studio with less money able to be put into it. Especially since it's free I doubt it's shovelware since shovelware is designed to make people pay for it. I just think it's a fun low budget game

31 minutes ago, hore said:

Yes. Any game with <1h completion times are shovelware, including autopoppables like ESO - no if's or but's about it.

Doing any of these games will make me think very little of you, so don't.

Shovelware existed long before trophies

• Like 4

Looks quite decent, I'd say about Ratalaika tier. Average/Decent game which is not so great or the game is good but trophies are just ridiculously easy for no particular reason.

Would probably fall into shovelware if there was 200+ of the same game though. Like in this game it's a bunny, in the next game it's a reindeer, the next game it's a fox etc.

4 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

I'm ashamed when I look at the shovelwear garbage on my profile. I have like 200+ and I regret them all.

I personally probably would have planned out your milestones better than what they are now but ehh, to each their own!

you could always stop playing “shovelware” if it really bothers you, i did (to a degree)

but as it stands, you might be too far down that rabbit hole

Trophy hoarding is an ugly disease, its also known as OCD

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Void said:

Dont look at games as shovel wear if you enjoyed the games. If you did not enjoy the games that is another story.

Nah, never enjoyed any of them. It was all for trophies. If I could delete those games and all the trophies associated with them off my list I would in a heartbeat.

4 hours ago, Long-Ryde said:

Aw dude why are you ashamed?

Because I stained my profile forever with them. One of those damn games even got me removed from the leaderboard due to the whole "Vita trick gone wrong" and a little rat bastard on here that had nothing better at all to do than comb through my entire trophy list. 

2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Its bunny you ask this, but no its not shovelware. 

?

30 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

you could always stop playing “shovelware” if it really bothers you

I did. It's been like a year and change since I last touched any of that crap. That's why I was asking here if this game is considered shovelware garbage because I'll be deleting them (NA and EU stacks) if they are. I was assuming so but I wanted to get the gaming/trophy hunting community's perspective on it.

After looking into the developer and the games they make, it's definitely not shovelware, just a low-quality, easy game. Like I mentioned above, it has a lot of resemblance to one based on some typical characteristics, but especially since it's free, I wouldn't categorize it as shovelware.

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Looks quite decent, I'd say about Ratalaika tier. Average/Decent game which is not so great or the game is good but trophies are just ridiculously easy for no particular reason.

Would probably fall into shovelware if there was 200+ of the same game though. Like in this game it's a bunny, in the next game it's a reindeer, the next game it's a fox etc.

I perceive Ratalaika games as mild-shovelware because when I started trophy hunting they were one of the budding pioneers of cheap and easy game stacks for trophies. The games were just super basic and cheaply made, some of them resembled eachother, and never had a lot of features in them -- which is a few of the definitive elements of shovelware. I think they've gotten better over the years, especially through their collaborations. Now they look like "small indie titles" compared to the newer wave of showelware Mayo-clones.

• Like 3

The style police might want to rule on shovel wear if that is your style of clothing, but that is another forum.

I don't consider anything shovel ware if you enjoy it.  I mean, it is a game, isn't it?  We have a few game police on the site that will probably want to debate that point with me, but do we really care?

• Like 3

Not sure why it matters when you say you’ve already got 200+ shovelware games on your profile. What’s one more at that point lol.

Not that my opinion even matters but personally yeah I’d probably consider Bunny Raiders to be shovelware. I looked up some gameplay on YouTube really quick  and it doesn’t look like a very good game tbh, and it has a lot of the typical shovelware markings. 11 gold trophies, a 60%+ rarity, an endorsement by lbaddriver etc. Who cares though. If you want the trophies bad enough to ask about it on here you might as well just take em. ?‍♂️ 

• Like 3