Hardcore Mode and Hardcore Mode NG+

Izzybizzy_Dream

Hi 100%,

it is very hard to reach Hardcore finishing the Game for new Trophys Hard Core. Did you have any Ideas, how to get it done ? With nearly No Health + Ammo + Weapon. What ist the best Weapon to Upgrade? Witch Stratetic Walkthrough ist the best? Going directly without any site ways (Lootboxes,Audiofiles ect.)?

It's not hard, bruh! You just need to know the game and enemies, they just receive less damage... but are the same moviment, etc...

Keep in mind:
- First of all, "Stun Baton" is your best friend on Hardcore. Make it sure to upgrade first to get more damage. 

- Learn how to dodge at the perfect time! So, save your ammo, do not use it Hand Cannon/Shotgun... until, Two Heads. 

- Save health and GRP!

- ALWAYS dodge, do not use guns or GRP with normal enemies. Why? GRP's recharge on Harcore difficulty is ultra slow. Save this until platform, Only use it if you really need it, for example in a case of extreme need.

- Received damage? Restart checkpoint. 

Hope they include more challenges in the future like no death, or only pistol, or one hit kill as "The Evil Within" (Damn, I love this game so much!)

Keep trying and never give up!

• Like 3

I was playing last night and got to the first robot that can one-shot you, it killed me, and I just respawned at my last checkpoint. I can't find any mention online but it appears that there is NO permadeath in this Hardcore mode. I checked the save file and it says the difficulty is still hardcore.

This cheese still works on HC, did it today (saves a lot of ammo) - latest update ofc. Was not able to cheese on the platform (1st TwoHead encounter)... invisible wall added.

Vent cheese Last TwoHeads encounter. Video by Jasper Dae

During my HC run I used @Optinooby guide for Maximum Security, still VERY usefull. 

The Callisto Protocol - Platinum Speedrun in 03:32:00 No Damage - Maximum Security Difficulty - YouTube

Edited by Kessarath
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

So another trophy in march for another run on perma death? 1f62a.png

I think if such a mode gets a trophy, I'll let it go... and it will be the beginning of the end of my 100% in future games. Everything has its limits, I have my limits. HC and HCNG+ have exposed how shallow this game is. I regret buying the season pass on the last sale. It was 6/10 for me, but right no it is like 4,5/10... yea, i know, no one cares...

Spoiler

It's more of a playable Unreal Engine demo than a full-fledged game. And it was supposed to be an AAAA GAME! More like HAHAHAHA GAME!

Edited by Kessarath
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Kessarath said:

I think if such a mode gets a trophy, I'll let it go... and it will be the beginning of the end of my 100% in future games. Everything has its limits, I have my limits. HC and HCNG+ have exposed how shallow this game is. I regret buying the season pass on the last sale. It was 6/10 for me, but right no it is like 4,5/10... yea, i know, no one cares...

Hide contents

It's more of a playable Unreal Engine demo than a full-fledged game. And it was supposed to be an AAAA GAME! More like HAHAHAHA GAME!

The most frustrating thing is all of the snail-pace shimmying between pipes and crawling. It doesn’t build up tension it just kills it. The one good use of this was when the infected guys eyeball opens and follows you. If you take the forced walking sequences and cutscenes out, it’s a 4hr game. They don’t do anything interesting with the hundreds of identical eggs in the environment except for spamming you with the same ridiculous jump scare. The suit you wear for most of the game looks like it was ripped from Mass Effect. Everything that Callisto nails (stunning graphics, intense encounters [prior to update that only lets one enemy attack at a time], the premise of being on a prison colony) is just cannibalized by all the stupid hitches. I hope we get a sequel because the components for greatness are there. I finished up the newest trophies but the games faults are amplified in a way that wasn’t apparent in the first playthrough.  

• Like 1

Yesterday during HCNG+ I did the same cheese and immediately killed him on the spot +loot...

@Claymorw I'm deluding myself that maybe they will skip the trophies in the next "UltraHC" mode.  I'm wondering how they can make the game even more difficult, while still allowing you to finish the game.  Probably permadeath.

These trophies annoyed me a lot. I will repeat myself, but this game is not suitable for multiple completions. I don't usually comment so aggressively, I've played hard games required to 100%. but it was old production like MGS2 or they gave something in return for this effort... here we get basically... nothing. I didn't think that nowadays someone would dare to "force" players to such a boring grind... and I like to grind, but this game just isn't suitable for it.

Edited by Kessarath
  • Like 2

Hardcore mode is piece of cake. Just use baton as often as possible. Save your credits to buy Shotgun ammo. Do not buy a third gun because it's not worthy at all. Avoid the combats (by running or use green door to get off the chasing enemies). Use the glove to launch the enemies to the traps or abyss.

Upgrade the baton and glove, but not too far. Upgrade the handgun and shotgun, not too far either.

• Like 1

I’m about 3/4s through hardcore mode and it’s not so much hard as it is slow.

First of all go into accessibility options and turn on continuous dodge and melee. That will make life 1000% easier.

Don’t use you gun. You really don’t need to except for those long neck egg things (hint the eggs pulsate if there’s a long neck in it). Just dodge and melee everything that walks. Grip throw the combusters.

Even in group fights the other enemies just dance around in the background like an 80s action movie while you dodge melee one guy.

Restart checkpoints if needed. Spend on a melee damage upgrade and grip recharge and capacity.

Sell everything. Keep some bullets just in case but you don’t need health packs. Keep some batteries as you can’t craft them (I’m saving them for the final boss to throw the combusters).

The biggest challenge is patience. The enemies take a beating and evolve so you just have to keep holding dodge and do your combo about 6-8 times per enemy.

I’ll update if the later parts are more gun reliant, but so far it’s melee melee melee.

looks like my silly ass buying the ps5 upgrade will come with a hardcore, new game plus which i needed anyway.  I can understand the frustration from others.  i do, but i look forward to an even more ridiculous run...  i genuinely played through this game quite fast.  Nice not to have to play it 4 times with my ps4 saves.   This content absolutely needs to come with the dammn game though from launch.  

13 minutes ago, DireIvan said:

Can someone please tell me, what if I've already completed this game on NG+ and after new hardcore update I should recomplete this game 2 times again? Why I can't choose hardcore on NG+ after completing this game on max difficulty and NG+ 

You can't do Hardcore NG+ without having completed Hardcore mode once already. The game makes a distinction between normal mode which is playable on 3 difficulties (minimum security, medium security and maximum security) and the hardcore mode which is it's own thing. 

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli
  • Like 2

I say it's all about practice and patience. I am beating the beat on Hardcore +. I beat the game legit, and I have the platinum trophy. If you cheated on the previous difficulty trophy for the base game, it is a disadvantage to grasping the skill. Dodging and melee combat it is your best friend. The resources are stricter, and being able to manage resources is an essential skill for this playthrough. 

Edited by Remain-Vigilant

The first time I went through HC it really was hard, but not because of enemy AI or anything like that, just because you die in two hits and enemies take an average of 24 hits. I put the dodge on automatic (in accessibility settings) and that helps a lot but the resources are pathetic. I really only used guns for the Two Head and sometimes those bomb enemies. Too bad the GRP is so nerfed because that would help a lot. 

HC NG+, on the other hand, was easy. There were some times where I'd mess up and get hit or trigger two or more enemies at once, but I'd typically restart the checkpoint and do it correctly. Not having to upgrade anything gives you plenty of credits for ammo, though I still really only used it for bosses.

I played through the game twice and I’m really not interested in playing 2 more times for 2 trophies it was boring and terrible game I wish if I never bought it to begin with but I’m waiting for them to add skipping to cutscenes I might then play the hardcore mode 

• Like 1

I'm currently working on hardcore (ps4) and it's not that bad, really. As long as you know what to expect and have the dodge mechanics down. I guess you could use auto dodge but that ain't my style. Just be smart with your resources and if need be, restart for that perfect run on the harder section, and this shouldn't be problem. Good luck ?