Hardcore Mode and Hardcore Mode NG+

Izzybizzy_Dream

2 hours ago, N4phr0n said:

The 3rd one is hidden.

Looks like it can be one mentioned earlier by the devs. “Mark James revealed that The Callisto Protocol's studio is currently working on the game's achievements and trophies, and the studio has put “an achievement in there for seeing all of the deaths.”

2 hours ago, N4phr0n said:

3 additional achievements appeared on Epic:

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/achievements/the-callisto-protocol

Glutton for Punishment - Finish Game in Contagion Mode

You Belong Here - Finish Game in Contagion Mode Without Dying

The 3rd one is hidden.

Haha, how many more "finish game in <insert mode>" trophies can they add at this point? What is contagion mode anyway?

Pretty soon this game will require 45 playthroughs to get 100%.

• Like 1

I was joking before about them adding more Finish the game "..." trophies/achievements but I see they take my advice seriously. Lovin' games with Ng+ after release or new difficulty specific trophy because some studios thinks we have nothing better to do or play than playing the same game over and over. 

4 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Isn't contagion mode permadeath? So how would you NOT beat it without dying?

And the death animation trophy was canned. I thought it was, anyway. I'd hate to see it show up now. I would have intentionally died during one of the other four plays I've already done to see them all.

If you look on the screen they added on TrueAchievements 0,6% of players unlock "Finish game on Contagion mode" and 0,5% "- without dying" so its most likely not a permadeath mode... I think ???? 

Edited by Demek97

19 minutes ago, Demek97 said:

If you look on the screen they added on TrueAchievements 0,6% of players unlock "Finish game on Contagion mode" and 0,5% "- without dying" so its most likely not a permadeath mode... I think ???? 

From the Season Pass description: 

Contagion Bundle: discover the ultimate survival horror experience with a new mode, Contagion. With reduced ammo and health drops, a customized difficulty and permadeath- there are no second chances....

So it has permadeath but also customized difficulty. So maybe like TLOU2 permadeath where you could actually just adjust it to just set you at the beginning of the chapter or checkpoint.

I'll be save scumming this is I can. There are too many instant death areas in the game for me to consider doing it legit.

8 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

From the Season Pass description: 

Contagion Bundle: discover the ultimate survival horror experience with a new mode, Contagion. With reduced ammo and health drops, a customized difficulty and permadeath- there are no second chances....

So it has permadeath but also customized difficulty. So maybe like TLOU2 permadeath where you could actually just adjust it to just set you at the beginning of the chapter or checkpoint.

I'll be save scumming this is I can. There are too many instant death areas in the game for me to consider doing it legit.

Contagion Mode just sounds like a customisable difficulty and I bet Permadeath is just one of the modifiers you can select for it.

If you deselect permadeath, the difficulty can still be played i bet, but guess will be interesting to see how it works with permadeath on like u say.

i hope having permadeath enabled doesnt switch off any other modifiers though, could be mega easy then.

Either way, looks like its going to be at least 4 playthroughs for 100% ;(

-- Max Survivor.

-- Hardcore.

-- Hardcore+.

-- Contagion.

What a weird trophy list, can do Platinum in 1 playthrough but then u must do an extra 3+ playthroughs taking 3 x the time the platinum took for a few more trophies, wow

Edited by Optinooby

1 minute ago, Optinooby said:

Contagion Mode just sounds like a customisable difficulty and I bet Permadeath is just one of the modifiers you can select for it.

If you deselect permadeath, the difficulty can still be played i bet, but guess will be interesting to see how it works with permadeath on like u say.

i hope having permadeath enabled doesnt switch off any other modifiers though, could be mega easy then.

Either way, looks like its going to be at least 4 playthroughs for 100% ;(

-- Max Survivor.

-- Hardcore.

-- Hardcore+.

-- Contagion.

What a weird trophy list, can do Platinum in 1 playthrough but then u must do an extra 3+ playthroughs taking 3 times the time the platinum took for a few more trophies, wow

I don't think you can max out all weapons with the two Hardcore plays. I sold every health item and got all the items to sell and I don't think I would have been able to max everything out at the end of HC+. So at least a partial playthrough somewhere in there. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

I don't think you can max out all weapons with the two Hardcore plays. I sold every health item and got all the items to sell and I don't think I would have been able to max everything out at the end of HC+. So at least a partial playthrough somewhere in there. 

im hoping there is a modifier for Contagion to increase loot drops, prices, or reduce shop prices

• 2 weeks later...