A Gazillion Togges - Grinding TRICK

air_switch5

So spreading 1 million Togges for the A Gazillion Togges achievement is a VERY SLOW grind. Hopefully, the developers will change it to 100K on PlayStation like they did on Steam, but that is not confirmed right now. For reference, I finished the game with about 190K spread, but YMMV depending on how you play and how easily you find everything. It doesn't help that spreading a Green Togge only counts as 1 Togge spread, even thought they cost 9x the limit.

So how slow is the grind? Well if you spread White Togges in a loop, you will spread about 625 per minute. White is the best choice since they automatically disappear after some time, so no need to clean them up. This gets us about 37,500 Togges per 1 hour. If you need up to 900,000 that could take 24 hours total. No thank you! Fortunately, there are two ways to rig a Dual Sense / Dual Shock 4 to do this for you while you sleep and do other stuff.

IMPORTANT: The trophy will not pop automatically once you reach 1 million. You will need to exit the current level and return to Outerspace periodically to check the counter. If you are above 1 million, the trophy will pop as soon as the counter displays. 

METHOD 1: This is easier to set-up but will take a lot longer to achieve the 1 million requirement. Very simply, find a star fruit in any level where we have access to White Togges. Please TOOMBA on top of it and press and hold R2 to start stacking White Togges. This method loses some efficiency, since spreading stops when the timer for the White Togges expires. TOOMBA will fall back onto the Star Fruit and start a new stack. Placing a rubber band around the Dual Sense controller to continue to depress R2 allows for full automation. However, this way only spread about 135 Togges per minute or 8,100 per hour. Assuming you need 900 thousand, this will take roughly 111 hours, about 4.5 days!

METHOD 2: Recommended, but a little harder to set-up. You still need to find a Star Fruit and White Togges, but this time you should have a little space for spreading in a loop. The Wind Hills level is a good choice. As in METHOD 1, use a rubber band to keep R2 held for continuous spreading. Placing two additional rubber bands to pull the left stick Left Stick: Down & Left and right stick Right Stick: Down & Right in almost opposite directions allows TOOMBA to go around in circles, efficiently spreading Togges for us! This will keep the spread rate very close to the ideal 625 per minute, getting us to 1 million for this pesky trophy in roughly 24 hours. You might have to play with the directions to get a tight enough loop. If you get dizzy, you may want to turn off the TV. It is surprisingly robust too, so even if you hit an obstacle, it should keep going.

NOTES: If you use either automated method, you will want to turn controller vibration off in the Options menu. Remember to plug your controller in. Sleep settings for the console or controller shouldn't interfere, since we are simulating gameplay!

Good luck to anyone who gives it a try!

11 hours ago, deadkid414 said:

This 1M trophy I just give up. Platinums are waiting for developers to change the requirments to 100k.

PS4's total spreaded togges number is 230k.

PS5's number is 110k.

Thats way too grind even using a automated method.

What I don't understand is how they decreased the requirement for the Steam version, then released more or less the exact same patch for PS4/5 and left out the part about lowering the req for this trophy. Very strange. 

12 hours ago, KenobiEagle said:

What I don't understand is how they decreased the requirement for the Steam version, then released more or less the exact same patch for PS4/5 and left out the part about lowering the req for this trophy. Very strange. 

Maybe PlayStation's trophy adjustment is a bit more complicated than Steam's achievement modification?

2 hours ago, deadkid414 said:

Maybe PlayStation's trophy adjustment is a bit more complicated than Steam's achievement modification?

I think that's the issue.

I emailed the developer and this was their response, "The Gazillion Togge Trophy has not been updated on consoles because of unexpected problems, I can't say more than that, I hope you understand."

No indication though if they still plan to update it or if it will stay at 1 million. I asked and will update again if I get a response.