Trophy thoughts?

Well good thing is the same trophy list as the PS3 version because that means the already existing trophy guide will work, played this one on PS2 a long time ago and barely remember it, always wanted this platinum, really looking forward to it I already platinum Graces, Xillia, Xillia 2, Zestiria, Berseria and Arise, I also almost have Vesperia in the bag, I love Tales of so much wish they would also port Innocence and Hearts.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

could take at least 100 hours

The trophy named "100 Hours" sends its regards.

The list looks identical to the PS3 release, aside from a few grammatical changes here and there. Getting all titles for all characters requires at least 5 playthroughs, so that 100 hour trophy will come naturally. For context, I unlocked it at the end of my first playthrough on PS3, and earned the plat on NG+5 at just under 200 hours total.

30 minutes ago, rafael_martines said:

The main reason you guys don't like this plat, is because of the number of times you need to play to get the titles?

It's more than that. Some of the titles are painfully obtuse, forcing you to play the game in ways that would be considered extremely unnatural to the player, like beating a certain lategame boss with a collective party level of under a certain amount. The 'easiest' way to obtain this title is to KO every party member other than Lloyd, then overlevel him while everyone else remains at level 1. Imagine how annoying this would be to pull off, especially since it greatly inconveniences you after you've obtained the title. It's not fun in the least.

• Like 4

Yup, same list as PS3. 
I’m actually playing thru the PS3 version now (on my second run). I think I’m done with the worst parts.

Anyway… the game isn’t really that hard but it requires multiple guides to be followed while playing.

Probably not going to get this for now.

11 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

It's more than that. Some of the titles are painfully obtuse, forcing you to play the game in ways that would be considered extremely unnatural to the player, like beating a certain lategame boss with a collective party level of under a certain amount. The 'easiest' way to obtain this title is to KO every party member other than Lloyd, then overlevel him while everyone else remains at level 1. Imagine how annoying this would be to pull off, especially since it greatly inconveniences you after you've obtained the title. It's not fun in the least.

I just got that title but went about it a little differently. There are multiple strategies that work. I still had to KO characters but the team I went in with was underleveled (all in their 30s at 143 total). It took some careful planning because I also got x2 exp. It wasn’t that bad but like I mentioned you better be following guides or know the game like the back of your hand.

But I agree, some titles require you to play in ways you wouldn’t normally do.

Edited by DizzyDavidson
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rafael_martines said:

The main reason you guys don't like this plat, is because of the number of times you need to play to get the titles?

can be done in 4 playthroughs with optimal guide but meh.

59 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I'm glad they kept the same list. It won't be an ultra rare like ps3's but at least it won't be a joke like Arise was.

This was my first Tales game and it is my second favourite after Vesperia

Help me get into Vesperia. I found it mid. Mind you i didnt get very far. Vesperia and DQ 11 are two JRPGS people love that i just struggle to invest in. 

Arise was an easy plat but damn that gameplay was amazing. I will probably hold off on starting ToS right away because im picking it up same day as Wild Hearts but eventually I'm going to want to beat Symphonia (any %) and Vesperia (any %) back to back.

11 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Help me get into Vesperia. I found it mid. Mind you i didnt get very far. Vesperia and DQ 11 are two JRPGS people love that i just struggle to invest in. 

I love DQ 11 as well :lol:

I liked the characters a lot in Vesperia and the plot was awesome and kept the mystery for most part.

I value characters and story much more than gameplay in a JRPG

The worst thing about the Symphonia plat was, in my mind, the puzzle dungeons. They're interesting the first time but if you have to replay them in quick succession things like the sewers and Latheon Gorge don't hold their charm four times in a row. I didn't mind most of the titles, but things like opening every treasure chest do make you resort to following a guide in obsessive detail which can detract from the experience.

Overall, though, it is a great game. Shame they didn't do more to remaster it. Some of the frame data has that early 3D jank and it would be cool to see more HQ cutscenes. Maybe one day Bamco will get around to porting the old, old games like Destiny or Phantasia.

Outside of the characters (which are great in most Tales games), the biggest thing Vesperia's got going for it is its combat system. If you only played a few hours you probably didn't get to the good stuff. It's very much a sense of progression and accomplishment; at the beginning of the game Yuri can barely fight his way out of a wet paper sack but the fluidity and variety in artes really ramps up as the game progresses.

Granted, I also really disliked Arise's combat, so if that was something that stood out to you it might just be a difference in taste thing.

Edited by Tothoro
Typo

7 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

well check my trophies you'll kind of get a general area where i am in both games

About DQ11:

It seems you are around the point where the game fully hooked me ( when sylvando, rab and jade joined your team). Not that the game was bad till that point ( it definitely wasnt, not even close) but it wasnt as great as the rest of the game, thats fr sure. The game has three acts and you are in the middle of act 1. I dont know, but I would recommend you to finish act 1 at the very least. If it still fails to convince you, drop it, it is probably a taste thing. Act 2 is probably my favorite one.

Tales of Vesperia:

Similar to DQ 11. You are at a point where I wasnt fully convinced yet either, you are pretty much still in the "tutorial".

Whats the main turn off for you? Probably the combat, because it simply isnt really good/fun for at least the first 30% of your initial playthrough. It also doesnt help that the story and characters are a bit of a slow burner.

That said, combat in the second half of the game and in the unavoidable NG+ is so much better. You can chain more normal attacks and swing your weapon much faster (better gear) which means you wont get interrupted by enemies all the time. You also have much more artes and skills to play with.

• Like 1

I don't know why people are so surprised by this trophy list, majority of remastered games have the same list... I was fully expecting this to be the same and already had it my mind that ill be doing 4 playthroughs.

It's on average 150 hours for the playinum maybe quicker if you rush the game. I heard there is a skip dialogue feature that should make the last 3 playthroughs faster though I don't know if it skips dialogue choices that impact character compatibility...I'll find out out in the next few days anyway.

15 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Well good thing is the same trophy list as the PS3 version because that means the already existing trophy guide will work, played this one on PS2 a long time ago and barely remember it, always wanted this platinum, really looking forward to it I already platinum Graces, Xillia, Xillia 2, Zestiria, Berseria and Arise, I also almost have Vesperia in the bag, I love Tales of so much wish they would also port Innocence and Hearts.

theyve already ported them to PS Vita

1 hour ago, GoDBoss173 said:

About DQ11:

It seems you are around the point where the game fully hooked me ( when sylvando, rab and jade joined your team). Not that the game was bad till that point ( it definitely wasnt, not even close) but it wasnt as great as the rest of the game, thats fr sure. The game has three acts and you are in the middle of act 1. I dont know, but I would recommend you to finish act 1 at the very least. If it still fails to convince you, drop it, it is probably a taste thing. Act 2 is probably my favorite one.

Yeah i just got Jade and Rab, did a bit and then insert big game # here and i dropped it. Seemed like a recurring theme. My biggest issue aside from slow start is just the battle music. I think DQ11 S has more but i have vanilla version i want to beat and at some point will.

1 hour ago, GoDBoss173 said:

Tales of Vesperia:

Similar to DQ 11. You are at a point where I wasnt fully convinced yet either, you are pretty much still in the "tutorial".

Whats the main turn off for you? Probably the combat, because it simply isnt really good/fun for at least the first 30% of your initial playthrough. It also doesnt help that the story and characters are a bit of a slow burner.

That said, combat in the second half of the game and in the unavoidable NG+ is so much better. You can chain more normal attacks and swing your weapon much faster (better gear) which means you wont get interrupted by enemies all the time. You also have much more artes and skills to play with.

Yeah thats exactly it. I played it AFTER Berseria i believe and it felt like a step back. But i know it gets better because i played way back on 360 at a friends with the demon weapons (?) (they increase damage every enemy killed or something) and that was great fun.

So i just really need to grind the games out and perhaps give them more of a chance. Seems based off what you said, im right on the cusp of some big moments in DQ11.