Trophy Thoughts?

Wedjwants

Love this list — grindy as expected, but doesn’t seem like there are any difficulty-related trophies so doable. I’m thinking a 3/10 for difficulty and around 50 hours.

Going to be incredibly nostalgic playing through this not only for the music but also played the Theatrhythm games on the 3DS.

Doesn't look like any trophy requires a specific difficulty which greatly reduces the overall difficulty. The main skill gates look like All Critical which is not too bad since you can just practice a low difficulty song, and a 20-stage Endless World run which is going to depend on how quickly the difficulty scales in that mode. 

"Received five billion points" - you get up to 10 million per song, so that'd be 500 songs if you got perfect every time which is obviously unlikely. Question is whether this is purely cumulative or if it only counts your high score per song; if it's the latter, you'd have to play more than the lowest difficulty in order to get them since there's "only" 385 songs so 3.85 billion points. If it's the former, you could probably grind it out by repeating short songs on low difficulty. 

Let's say each song takes an average of 4 minutes to play, factoring load times, menu navigation, etc. Simply playing 500 songs would take about 33 hours. So maybe in the range of 40-50 hours to realistically achieve? But that's just a ballpark estimate, will depend on various factors and individual skill.

Anyone know what the "Star Level" and Max Stats trophies involve? I assume you just have to keep playing as that character beyond level 99?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, AlmostUnsane said:

"Received five billion points" - you get up to 10 million per song, so that'd be 500 songs if you got perfect every time which is obviously unlikely. Question is whether this is purely cumulative or if it only counts your high score per song; if it's the latter, you'd have to play more than the lowest difficulty in order to get them since there's "only" 385 songs so 3.85 billion points. If it's the former, you could probably grind it out by repeating short songs on low difficulty. 

In the demo, I got the 500 MIllion Points feat, and there's only 25 songs so I imagine its accumulative regardless of records.

• Like 2

From someone who put 3000+ hours on the DS versions, this trophy list is incredibly easy and only a tad grindy if you’re simply playing the game.

You get plenty of points per song for the 5 billion points if you take into account of how many characters you’ll need to level up. You need to repeat songs for quests as you can’t beat most until you have a high level party or particular items and from what I remember, a perfect chain only needs you to hit every note on great or higher.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, LucilleRosethorn said:

From someone who put 3000+ hours on the DS versions, this trophy list is incredibly easy and only a tad grindy if you’re simply playing the game.

You get plenty of points per song for the 5 billion points if you take into account of how many characters you’ll need to level up. You need to repeat songs for quests as you can’t beat most until you have a high level party or particular items and from what I remember, a perfect chain only needs you to hit every note on great or higher.

I played the 3DS ones a ton too. Also but 25 hours into the demo (oops). Very easy list, unfortunately.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlmostUnsane said:

Doesn't look like any trophy requires a specific difficulty which greatly reduces the overall difficulty. The main skill gates look like All Critical which is not too bad since you can just practice a low difficulty song, and a 20-stage Endless World run which is going to depend on how quickly the difficulty scales in that mode. 

Let's say each song takes an average of 4 minutes to play, factoring load times, menu navigation, etc. Simply playing 500 songs would take about 33 hours. So maybe in the range of 40-50 hours to realistically achieve? But that's just a ballpark estimate, will depend on various factors and individual skill.

Anyone know what the "Star Level" and Max Stats trophies involve? I assume you just have to keep playing as that character beyond level 99?

No idea about the Star Level, but for max stats, you can drop stat items which you can feed to your characters, I farmed some in the demo (I got a few characters with 250+ in some of there stats, but I have seen some people already have 700+ from the demo)

1 hour ago, WereyCar said:

In the demo, I got the 500 MIllion Points feat, and there's only 25 songs so I imagine its accumulative regardless of records.

I hope the styles are cumulative too since you get different scores for Standard/Simple/Duo. If that's the case, you can probably get 5b in the lowest difficulty alone!

Edited by oYazmat

I'm playtester, this game is not that easy. I'm 30h in and I have one character in my party from the beginning (lightning). After around 350 songs she is star level 4, and I used items for more xp output already. 1 star level is around 99 levels, so star level 9 is practically level 999.

Guess it will be 60h only for thebstar level, more if your not good at rhythem games.

For platinum you have to do all the side quest, every song has one. They are not difficulty relatet with exeptions when a quest specifically mentions "finish on ultra or higher" wich is rare like 5% of the songs. BUT. A lot of them require "kill boss xy" "kill boss xy in 30 seconds" or "kill boss xy with an fire attack" which means being on high level, grind items to push chatacters on even higher stats (level 99 is nothing...)

Abuse weaknesses if there is one and find the character with best damage output that has an attack to hit the weakpoint of that boss and last but not least play on ultra or higher, because more trigger (music notes) means more damage output.

And those are hard.

At the end of a song you can see your overall damage, and when you see a 5000 when you have to deal 21000 thats frustrating xD

But this is the best rhythem game I ve ever played, love it so much I have no words and I find it very easy to learn.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AlmostUnsane said:

If it's anything like the 3DS games, when a character hits 99, you can revert them to level 1 and keep boosting their stats, each reset adds 1 star level if I remember correctly.

Super excited for this! List doesn't look too bad, and even if it did, I vowed to platinum this from the second it was announced!

Also, still predicting one of the final waves of DLC will be Kingdom Hearts. So excited for the TWEWY tracks!!!

Edited by GuitaristZag
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, AiManiaTrophyhuntres said:

I'm playtester, this game is not that easy. 

I believe what you're saying, but the list is easy. The rarity is going to reflect it and it's just another pitiful rolling-over on the developer's part. Rhythm games should have hard lists and this one is a miss

49 minutes ago, Veritas7Ax said:

So the demo says data can transfer to the main game. In theory that would satisfy a few of the trophies. Do we think the demo data can autopop a couple trophies or we’ll need to do it again?

It does not autopop. But statistics are there. For the trophy playing the same song 10 time I replayed one song that I already played 12 times and it popped. So redoing everything once will do.

• Like 1