Trophy thoughts?

Infected Elite

The requirements are effectively the same as the original game, though with a number of the grindy completion/diligence requirements reduced from 10 - 50% seemingly at random. Though to offset being helpful there, Platinum Plates sell for 1/4 the amount, and Smithing Cost for items is like 100x what it was before (they also just entirely removed the Smithing minigames). Not progressed far enough into the dungeon mode to really determine if they've done something like significantly increased item drop rates to compensate for the Smithing Cost increase. If they haven't then it's just arbitrarily increased the 100% time for no reason because of how much more money is required for Smithing.

You can also play on Legend from the start which I've been doing and it's not that hard, but we're also going to double-check whether you can just switch difficulty right at the end of the game like in 6 to earn the trophy. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gage said:

The requirements are effectively the same as the original game, though with a number of the grindy completion/diligence requirements reduced from 10 - 50% seemingly at random. Though to offset being helpful there, Platinum Plates sell for 1/4 the amount, and Smithing Cost for items is like 100x what it was before (they also just entirely removed the Smithing minigames). Not progressed far enough into the dungeon mode to really determine if they've done something like significantly increased item drop rates to compensate for the Smithing Cost increase. If they haven't then it's just arbitrarily increased the 100% time for no reason because of how much more money is required for Smithing.

You can also play on Legend from the start which I've been doing and it's not that hard, but we're also going to double-check whether you can just switch difficulty right at the end of the game like in 6 to earn the trophy. 

How do the trooper cards/disabling them work? Is the game balanced still while they’re disabled and does it disable them for bosses? I’m not a fan of them being incorporated into the main game

Just now, DEI2EK said:

How do the trooper cards/disabling them work? Is the game balanced still while they’re disabled and does it disable them for bosses? I’m not a fan of them being incorporated into the main game

Once you unlock them in the story you can just use them at any point in combat outside of a couple of specific situations where they're disabled, typically when you're locked to one style like in the combat master fights. You can still use them in most boss fights, but I don't think they really make the game unbalanced story-wise, at least on Legend.

7 minutes ago, vividamage123 said:

Do we know if gambling items are in the game because I heard the original game did not have them T_T

Unless they added them like at the very end of the dungeons there's no cheat items. Gambling requirements are counted cumulatively at all times though (except for Mahjong). So for all the gambling games you just need to earn a certain amount total, regardless of how much you lose, so you can just keep grinding it until you get it without needing to leave the games and save scum or anything.

Mahjong the only requirement is finishing a game with 35000 points before bonuses, so is like getting one decent hand in a game. 

• Like 2

It ask for 100% so it seems as grindy as always. Now the question is if the completion checklist has been reduced or they keep the same as the Jap version.

Does anybody really thinks that I'm going to put +100 hours in a Yakuza game? Because they will be absolutely right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gage said:

Would be super grateful to know if it can be done in one playhrough starting in the hardest difficulty. I one to 100% the heck out of this and if it can be done in one run, hard as it may be, that would be ideal.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Galserik said:

It ask for 100% so it seems as grindy as always. Now the question is if the completion checklist has been reduced or they keep the same as the Jap version.

Does anybody really thinks that I'm going to put +100 hours in a Yakuza game? Because they will be absolutely right.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ImApanda85 said:

Would be super grateful to know if it can be done in one playhrough starting in the hardest difficulty. I one to 100% the heck out of this and if it can be done in one run, hard as it may be, that would be ideal.

Unless the trophy just doesn't work, then yeah you can. There is also a higher difficulty than Legend included with the one DLC, but the game outright tells you it's meant for NG+ even though you can select it from the start.

Edited by Gage

48 minutes ago, Gage said:

Unless the trophy just doesn't work, then yeah you can. There is also a higher difficulty than Legend included with the one DLC, but the game outright tells you it's meant for NG+ even though you can select it from the start.

I just realized my terrible grammar, sorry, but thanks for understanding anyway.

Great news then, being able to do everything in one big, chunky, 100+ hrs playthrough. This is one game to really enjoy and take it slowly, no rush.

If the original trophy guide is accurate, two playthroughs in a Yakuza game is brutal. Such a large time investment, will never be a fan of forced multiple playthroughs... just let me play on the hardest difficulty from the start, that's how I want to play the game anyways.

• Like 2