Trophy thoughts?

Infected Elite

Seems pretty standard fare for a Yakuza game. Once again, my concern would be the 100% list and the Ultimate Challenges, if they’re anything like other entries.

Mini-games and activities such as mahjong never got me stuck. I’m thinking more along the lines of drone racing in Judgment, or if the Ultimate Challenges might be on a time limit, like in Yakuza 4?

Also, I probably wouldn’t worry about Legend difficulty, unless it’s similar to Zero and Kiwami, regarding particular brutal sequences in between long stretches without saving.

Overall, I’m very excited to play this, regardless of completion difficulty or not. ?

24 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

>two playthroughs in a Yakuza game is brutal

>just let me play on the hardest difficulty from the start

According to Gage's comments in this thread, you can select Legend from the start.

Other than the games that require you to beat an unlockable harder difficulty from scratch, subsequent playthroughs in Yakuza games only take 4 or 5 hours to run through thanks to NG+.

10 hours ago, steveblazinggrin said:

I'm honestly really happy that a 100% completion list is required. Yakuza 7 was lacking in that regard and I feel like getting a Yakuza platinum does not feel the same when you don't do the completion list in it's entirety.

I get what you’re saying but having to play hours of games like mahjong or Puyo Puyo every game is so unnecessary. I’m happy to enjoy all the Yakuza content, but having to do 100% in mini games and such is really tiring.

Edited by liammill18
  • Like 2

If RGG hadn't tweaked the difficult of ultimate battles and the combat in general, then it'll still be an easier Yakuza to complete. Granted the resource grinding can get boring and takes a huge amount of time. And the fan dance mini game is BS without an input guide, but other than that it's an awesome game.

Also Legend on NG won't take longer than a day if you just rush through the story.

17 hours ago, Gage said:

To confirm, you can just switch to Legend at the end of the game to earn the trophy, don't need to do the entire game from the start on Legend. 

How hard is legend difficulty ? I remember you could this as well for the last fight in 6 but I could never complete it on legend difficulty .

There are some new Substories in the game, but they also removed a couple of them from the original, too (not too many, like 2-3, at most). I'm in Chapter 5 right now and my Substory completion is at 84%. As mentioned, the majority of the Minigames, at least the gambling ones, have a cumulative total for their Completion List, except for Mahjong. I think Buyo Dance will be the more annoying minigame to fully complete, since it's tough to keep track of the inputs on higher difficulties. I think the biggest grind will be crafting all of the equipment, since it's going to cost a lot of money, plus you need the materials and have to increase the Blacksmith's level, which can be a little tedious.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sephirothdude said:

How hard is legend difficulty ? I remember you could this as well for the last fight in 6 but I could never complete it on legend difficulty .

You still want to be somewhat set up for it, you wouldn't want to just rush the story and then try to do the end on Legend. I was level 45~ and had some decent items but the way Legend is balanced it's basically just enemies do a ton of damage, so if you got caught in a bad spot you can get juggled to death. In the Day 1 patch they added the ability to retry individual fights if you die though (instead of being forced to reload a save) so it's not bad as long you go in with a full inventory of good healing items and don't waste them all early. If you're set with one of the Fire effect sword you can stun lock most of the bosses, so it's the groups of normal enemies that are more trouble. 

15 hours ago, Akimitsu782 said:

I think Buyo Dance will be the more annoying minigame to fully complete, since it's tough to keep track of the inputs on higher difficulties. I think the biggest grind will be crafting all of the equipment, since it's going to cost a lot of money, plus you need the materials and have to increase the Blacksmith's level, which can be a little tedious.

I ended up finding Buyo less bad than the UI made it look. You at least don't need highest rank on every song, just second highest. The Courtesan schmup minigame is probably the most frustrating thing overall.  

The only good change they made to smithing was adding that upgrade tree, every other change they seem to have made makes it barely worth interacting with. Unless we're missing something changed with drops or money gain they've potentially made the grind longer than the original game just because of how much more expensive everything related to smithing is. ?

14 hours ago, Shorah- said:

Good news. 

My main concern is how bad and frustrated are the climax battles ? 

I'm going to be doing them today, then will have base trophy guide up on Poweryx soon with info on those. I doubt they've done a lot with them, so going by info from the original game they're probably not that bad. 

Edit: I finished them all, they're not that bad, and some of them are nerfed compared to the original game going by the KHH info. The only ones I had trouble with were the Brawler only one in the first set, and Ultimate 5 because it's the no-healing boss rush. Most combat stuff is just cheesed using Wild Dancer (not Gunman like the original game). 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 1

On 16/02/2023 at 5:07 PM, Gage said:

To confirm, you can just switch to Legend at the end of the game to earn the trophy, don't need to do the entire game from the start on Legend. 

Does the game tell you when it's the final battle? Or do you need to keep an eye out so you don't accidently start it before you can switch difficulty?

37 minutes ago, sleepyslump said:

Does the game tell you when it's the final battle? Or do you need to keep an eye out so you don't accidently start it before you can switch difficulty?

From the Powerpyx guide:

'There are a couple of points in the final two Chapters where the game sort of implies a point of no return, but the main one to watch out for is in Chapter 14 (Finale) where you are meant to speak with Otose at Teradaya to travel to Tosa. Up to that point, you can still travel around and complete most things, as well as purchase from shops. This is also the last point in the game you can change the difficulty, as after this is one long combat section leading up to the end of the game'.

On 16/02/2023 at 3:28 AM, Skurkitty said:

If the original trophy guide is accurate, two playthroughs in a Yakuza game is brutal. Such a large time investment, will never be a fan of forced multiple playthroughs... just let me play on the hardest difficulty from the start, that's how I want to play the game anyways.

You can play on legend difficulty straight away this time and even change difficulty whenever you want, According to powerpyx you can save before the end of the game and switch to legend difficulty and get the trophy that way avoiding two playthroughs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sleepyslump said:

1 hour ago, BusyFace13 said:

From the Powerpyx guide:

'There are a couple of points in the final two Chapters where the game sort of implies a point of no return, but the main one to watch out for is in Chapter 14 (Finale) where you are meant to speak with Otose at Teradaya to travel to Tosa. Up to that point, you can still travel around and complete most things, as well as purchase from shops. This is also the last point in the game you can change the difficulty, as after this is one long combat section leading up to the end of the game'.

Yeah that. I think it's pretty obvious, but even if you manage to miss it the game rotates through 3 autosaves, and I believe it did one right before that point you could revert to if you accidentally progressed to the final part. 

On 17.2.2023 at 5:08 AM, KamenRide_DcD said:

I guess although it looks the same as original list, but kiwami will reduce the grindy part a bit and make it less time consuming like the PS5 version of Judgement.

From what I can tell (haven't played the original) they made the grind even worse. The prices for smithing are ridiculous. Some of the katanas cost as much money as I spent during the entire duration of the game (500 ryo). Even with constant chicken races it seems like a very tedious thing to farm. Not sure what the goal was. I get making the best weapons hard to get, but it's stupid to make it a completion requirement, especially since the weapons get really redundant and therefore useless :/

2 hours ago, Marloges said:

From what I can tell (haven't played the original) they made the grind even worse. The prices for smithing are ridiculous. Some of the katanas cost as much money as I spent during the entire duration of the game (500 ryo). Even with constant chicken races it seems like a very tedious thing to farm. Not sure what the goal was. I get making the best weapons hard to get, but it's stupid to make it a completion requirement, especially since the weapons get really redundant and therefore useless :/

Yeah i know, you could decrese the price to 375 ryo tho. But the wrost part is still farming material and seals.

On 2/20/2023 at 4:56 AM, BusyFace13 said:

From the Powerpyx guide:

I'm not sure if that's correct. The point of no return is in the Shinsegumi base when Okita asks you if you're ready to go, once you spar with the 2 captains and the general.

10 hours ago, Elusion_428 said:

I'm not sure if that's correct. The point of no return is in the Shinsegumi base when Okita asks you if you're ready to go, once you spar with the 2 captains and the general.

The one mentioned in the guide is the final time when you can buy stuff and change the difficulty for Legend. The prior ones don't really matter unless you're wanting to do all substories and shit specifically before finishing the story, which there isn't a specific need to in the Remake. 

Speaking to Okita at the Barracks is the final point of no return. My brain doesn't work correctly. 

Edited by Gage

4 minutes ago, sleepyslump said:

@Gage Do you know what moves count as 'special moves' for the Showoff trophy? Is it the moves you use with heat, or are they  the ones under 'special abilities'?

The moves bound to R2 that you learn first from each of the combat masters. 

39 minutes ago, Gage said:

The one mentioned in the guide is the final time when you can buy stuff and change the difficulty for Legend. The prior ones don't really matter unless you're wanting to do all substories and shit specifically before finishing the story, which there isn't a specific need to in the Remake. 

You can definitely still change the difficulty in the barracks, even after fighting the other Shinsengumi boys in the sparring fights. I did those on normal and turned up the difficulty afterwards and it counted for the trophy.