Recommended teams for multi-boss quests

crosvale

I'm wondering who everyone is using for those high difficulty quests where you have to defeat a boss, but they show up after a first boss, essentially soaking any boss killer abilities.

An example of this is The Worm's Tail quest from FFXIV. I want to believe it could just be a matter of level grinding, but stats seem to work very strangely in this game. I have one character at star level 4 with 600-700 in every stat, but they don't seem to be doing any more damage than the other characters at 99 with no star level.

Difficulty also seems to have very little effect, and damage and enemy hp scales to the difficulty. I can clear Ultimate with perfect chains, but there seems to be zero benefit to playing on this difficulty when boss quests are concerned. Is it really just a well-synergized team with appropriate summon buffs, and if so, what are you guys using to clear these quests? 

Yeah it's more about using the right combination of characters. I cleared all quests in the demo, and one of them required using a character with Venom attack and making sure to miss the chain at the right time in order to not activate venom early before facing the boss, once you do that the boss is dead from venom + Noctis 's Armiger (great attack against bosses)

• Like 1

I like using characters with high strength and added cut or berserk, a lot of quick skills to go with them too. Red XIII us great as the boosts the whole parties attack quite a decent amount. I find I get more damage from +trigger damage than +physical skill damage. As long as the enemies don't resist physical I can get by most of the harder quests

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hendo14Legend said:

I want to know this too, would someone make a tips for it?

Is it too hard to defeat some bosses with time limit.

Shantatto as leader + Spiritus will take care of 90% of bosses. Only a few require different strategy.

Quests that have some bosses before you reach the true boss will make Shantatto useless as he will throw his Ultima against the first boss only. In that case it's better to use Noctis as his Armiger is usuable against all bosses, put him in leader with Materia, and you can also add Aranea which also has an ultimate against unlimited bosses like Noctis.

With any party you use, you want to put Yuna, she will clear the 1st & 3rd waves by herself (She will summon at the music start).

In case the Summon is not enough and it takes too much time to clear the 2nd wave, you can replace Yuna with someone with Poison (Like Maria), he will take care of the 1st and 2nd wave.

This will take care of almost all Boss Quests. You will only have trouble with 2~3 Bosses, you can find their strategies in other threads in this forum.

Edited by oYazmat