Collectacards

Sanevin

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the series and had some questions on acquiring CollectaCards.  From playing through one of the series, it seems the Album Collectacards drop from each individual song, and the Memory CollectaCards are rewards from quests.  Can anybody enlighten me on the Character, Enemy and Summon cards?  Do Enemy cards only drop from that individual enemy? Or are they just a random drop from anything? What about character and Summon cards?

As far as I can tell, they're random. You can use Rikku to increase the drop rate and rarity of cards. And you can use Zidane to increase the number of chests that drop. Which helps a lot. I've done just over 100 songs and I've gotten over 300 different cards already.

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 1

You can also use some summons that have +% collecta cards drop rate

Play through the game using a full party of hunters (not for the luck but for their unique abilities). Some like ExHaseo said have + chests drop and others boost items or collecta cards and you will need a lot of these for the trophies.

The 30 summons is quite easy so you can ignore that one, unless you are farming for rare ones for their abilities in that case there is also some characters that boosts summon drop and summon rarity.

Just a quick note is that some none hunters have hunter like abilities (Paine and Zidane for exemple)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oYazmat said:

You can also use some summons that have +% collecta cards drop rate

Play through the game using a full party of hunters (not for the luck but for their unique abilities). Some like ExHaseo said have + chests drop and others boost items or collecta cards and you will need a lot of these for the trophies.

The 30 summons is quite easy so you can ignore that one, unless you are farming for rare ones for their abilities in that case there is also some characters that boosts summon drop and summon rarity.

Just a quick note is that some none hunters have hunter like abilities (Paine and Zidane for exemple)

I didn't know Paine had hunter abilities. I may have to train her up and see how she does. Zidane is a hunter though.

I also don't think a full party of dedicated hunters is a good idea. You still need to get kills for chests to drop, so having too many isn't going to be very helpful. Using 2 seems to be the sweet spot. Depending on the stage, I usually get between 5-10 chests at a time this way, with at least 2 new cards, one from the stage and one otherwise. When I was using 3 hunters I was only getting maybe 5 chests at most. Most of the time just two or three though. And some runs didn't have a new card outside of the stage card because of such few drops. I was failing a lot of quests around dealing damage and killing enemies that I'll have to go back and redo too.

Also, with Rikku in the team there's no need to have a summon boosting card drop rate. Almost every drop is a card with her alone with her 3 hunter abilities on, so you're better off getting one with extra exp to speed up the grind to 9 star, or barring that, one that at least boosts damage to get more kills.

Don't waste your time grinding with characters that boost rates by a small margin.

The true key to getting a ton of collectacards (and other drops) fast is to play Multi Battle against other players and receive summon stones from their Proficards. Most players are sharing summon stones with incredibly high stats, such as 3x 40% collectacard drop rate. It doesn't matter if you win, lose, play ranked/unranked, or on basic difficulty. You will receive all players' proficards following a battle along with their respective summon stone.

I've already received the 300 collectacards trophy with minimal effort thanks to Multi Battle.

Edited by SegaJAM
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

I didn't know Paine had hunter abilities. I may have to train her up and see how she does. Zidane is a hunter though.

I also don't think a full party of dedicated hunters is a good idea. You still need to get kills for chests to drop, so having too many isn't going to be very helpful. Using 2 seems to be the sweet spot. Depending on the stage, I usually get between 5-10 chests at a time this way, with at least 2 new cards, one from the stage and one otherwise. When I was using 3 hunters I was only getting maybe 5 chests at most. Most of the time just two or three though. And some runs didn't have a new card outside of the stage card because of such few drops. I was failing a lot of quests around dealing damage and killing enemies that I'll have to go back and redo too.

Also, with Rikku in the team there's no need to have a summon boosting card drop rate. Almost every drop is a card with her alone with her 3 hunter abilities on, so you're better off getting one with extra exp to speed up the grind to 9 star, or barring that, one that at least boosts damage to get more kills.

Someone made a spreadsheet with all abilities in Reddit:

23 minutes ago, SegaJAM said:

Don't waste your time grinding with characters that boost rates by a small margin.

The true key to getting a ton of collectacards (and other drops) fast is to play Multi Battle against other players and receive summon stones from their Proficards. Most players are sharing summon stones with incredibly high stats, such as 3x 40% collectacard drop rate. It doesn't matter if you win, lose, play ranked/unranked, or on basic difficulty. You will receive all players' proficards following a battle along with their respective summon stone.

I've already received the 300 collectacards trophy with minimal effort thanks to Multi Battle.

True... as for myself, I am not worrying too much about drops quality for now, just trying to clear (or complete if quest is easily doable) all song, then I will worry about the rest of the quests I missed, then I'll see about the rest of the trophies if they really require multiplayer or not.

39 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

Someone made a spreadsheet with all abilities in Reddit:

True... as for myself, I am not worrying too much about drops quality for now, just trying to clear (or complete if quest is easily doable) all song, then I will worry about the rest of the quests I missed, then I'll see about the rest of the trophies if they really require multiplayer or not.

You do you, just keep in mind that if you don't work on drops on your first run-through, it's likely going to cost a lot of extra time. It is RNG, so the more chances the better. You already have to play every song at least once, and have to do every quest in series mode. So if you don't have the cards done before that, it's all grinding. I'm about 1/3 of the way through the songs, and am on pace to get all of the cards right about the time I finish every song.

The multiplayer isn't needed, but you get a collectacard every match you play. It's not guaranteed to be new or anything, but there's a higher chance if you come in first. Since you select from 4 total cards, and 1st place gets to pick first. You also get summonstones from the people you play with by exchanging proficards. People always put their best one, so you'll likely end up with a good one if you do even just a couple of matches. I did a couple to check it out and was able to get a Bahamat with 60% exp on it, which has helped a lot. Multiplayer is completely optional though.

2 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

You do you, just keep in mind that if you don't work on drops on your first run-through, it's likely going to cost a lot of extra time. It is RNG, so the more chances the better. You already have to play every song at least once, and have to do every quest in series mode. So if you don't have the cards done before that, it's all grinding. I'm about 1/3 of the way through the songs, and am on pace to get all of the cards right about the time I finish every song.

The multiplayer isn't needed, but you get a collectacard every match you play. It's not guaranteed to be new or anything, but there's a higher chance if you come in first. Since you select from 4 total cards, and 1st place gets to pick first. You also get summonstones from the people you play with by exchanging proficards. People always put their best one, so you'll likely end up with a good one if you do even just a couple of matches. I did a couple to check it out and was able to get a Bahamat with 60% exp on it, which has helped a lot. Multiplayer is completely optional though.

Don't get me wrong, I am running a Yuffie/Prompto/Thancred/Noctis party, and am regularly getting at least 5 chests (sometimes 8+) with at least half of them collecta cards. I grinded in the Demo and I already have some great Summonstones (like a +50% item drops) and getting even better ones now that the ones with 3 stats drops more easily for me. Am pretty that by the time am done with clearing all stages I'll be done with collecta cards or at least close to.

1 hour ago, SegaJAM said:

I've already received the 300 collectacards trophy with minimal effort thanks to Multi Battle.

You only get one card per run in multibattle, and aren't even guaranteed a new one. I regularly get 4+ new cards in a single song in series mode. Most so far is 8. I'm also making progress towards doing all of the songs, completing series mode, and doing all of the quests. Even if it is faster to get cards in multibattle, it's still way slower overall because you're really only making progress towards one trophy. Maybe 2 if you happen to get a new song. Even then, you'll have to replay it in series mode anyway.

Edit: Looking at your trophies, you've already done 300 total stages and I dont even see the 300 card trophy yet. So if it just isn't synced, at the very least, it popped after more than 300 stages. Which is significantly more than I had done when I hit 300 cards. I'm currently at 130 songs played and 352 cards.

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

You only get one card per run in multibattle, and aren't even guaranteed a new one. I regularly get 4+ new cards in a single song in series mode. Most so far is 8. I'm also making progress towards doing all of the songs, completing series mode, and doing all of the quests. Even if it is faster to get cards in multibattle, it's still way slower overall because you're really only making progress towards one trophy. Maybe 2 if you happen to get a new song. Even then, you'll have to replay it in series mode anyway.

Edit: Looking at your trophies, you've already done 300 total stages and I dont even see the 300 card trophy yet. So if it just isn't synced, at the very least, it popped after more than 300 stages. Which is significantly more than I had done when I hit 300 cards. I'm currently at 130 songs played and 352 cards.

I just got to the ending, with 100~ songs am very close to 300 collecta cards. I tried multiplayer after and didn't like it much, too many rng stuff in there makes it unreliable for grinding (It seems only good if you are looking for a good summonstone, if you find someone who has one anyways... or if you are looking for fun and challenge of course). I also tried the infinite stage and it seems fun, reached stage 7 with my hunters/noctis party, it seems I should make more specialized characters (which I was planning to do later for the quests anyways) in order to clear the 20 stages for the trophy (since it's also just about clearing quests).

Anyway, where I stand now it seems I don't need to do Multiplayer at all, am getting a lot of Collecta cards from clearing stages (especially that you don't need all collecta cards for the trophy since there are more than 1000 unique cards)

3 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

I put in all that work on the demo alone. I'm in the top 5-30 in the leaderboards for some of the trophies, as they all popped off the first song I played on the full release. Synced trophies now, so you should see it, along with 4 more trophies or so.

Also, you've played story considerably more than I have in the full release, seeing as you've already completed the game. I've only played mainline Final Fantasy 1-10 so far in story mode, skipping Crisis Core and Advent Children. Considering the fact that you played through the entire game before hitting 300 cards, I'd have to assume that my method worked out better than yours.

I just felt like dropping by to advise others on the easiest method to guarantee a lot of collectacard drops. I never said to play Multi battles to win cards, I said to specifically do it for good summon stones, which takes very little time to achieve.

Edited by SegaJAM

On 2/17/2023 at 1:56 PM, ExHaseo said:

Insane vouch, I am getting so many cards just from having Rikku and Tidus. Trying Noctis out for dmg and I have Garland cause hes cool lmao.