New 1.05 Patch remove infinite money exploits?

viduit

Also curious about this because I just got to a point where I’m trying to use the exploit and I feel like I lose about 1,500 to 1,700 credits every time. I only have enough boxes at the moment for the first three capacity upgrades for the pulse rifle at the moment though.

1 hour ago, Rated-G said:

Also curious about this because I just got to a point where I’m trying to use the exploit and I feel like I lose about 1,500 to 1,700 credits every time. I only have enough boxes at the moment for the first three capacity upgrades for the pulse rifle at the moment though.

i lost money without the upgrade on the base pulse rifle you need the upgrade to have more slots for your capacity 

7 hours ago, Rated-G said:

The trick is to reset the upgrades as further into the capacity upgrade as you possibly can. So, on Chapter 2 for example it would be best to sell whatever you have gathered; medpacs, and ammo to buy a node (or two if you can afford it), but still have enough to reset which is 5,000 credits. You'll get a return no matter what with 1+ extra node from the 3 your get from the first chapter. 4 nodes at max. With this, you should always keep 5k to reset but use whatever extra you make to buy more nodes.

That being said, it is super slow at your first opportunity so it is best to wait for upgrade schematics to the pulse rifle later on as people have suggested but it's still completely possible in the beginning if not extremely tedious.

Also, I tested it myself. Both still work as of patch 1.05, but the Divider one felt harder. Don't know if that was just my imagination, though.

Edited by viduit

• 2 months later...
On 01/05/2023 at 3:08 AM, sidawg2 said:

Has this been patched out now? When I fire down mines they stick and activate and aren’t able to be picked up again. 

It could depend where you fire the mines. Certain spots on the ground can mess up the mines. I was grinding the pulse ammo money trick last week and had no issues.

On 1/5/2023 at 5:08 PM, sidawg2 said:

Has this been patched out now? When I fire down mines they stick and activate and aren’t able to be picked up again. 

Did it today with the latest update and still works fine. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

You can play the game any way you want! I must admit that this well-done remake actually does have me on the edge of my chair most of the time so I'm grateful for any tricks I come across. 

Edit: The game generated a ton of enemies for me because you enter the bench room over and over again when glitching, I created a video you find below. Thankfully there's no need to proceed this way :D

Edited by Bizzy_Montana_
Added video
  • Haha 1

Just to confirm the workaround (not a glitch IMO) is still doable. I have done it albeit it took me around two hours to grind out around 60 nodes needed for the trophy after two full playthroughs. 

Also forgot to mention the best place to do it would be MINING since there is a store and a bench close to each other.