Upgrading all weapons in two runs

GannerRhysode

Hey guys, I just wanted to give you all a headsup, I just finally 100% the trophylist after finishing Hardcore and Hardcore NG+. Only one mising was the Upgrade trophy, which you WON'T get with two HC playthroughs, even if you kill everything with melee and sell everything. Not even close to it, because prices and drops are abyssmal. So I was wondering how to proceed to get it as fast as possible...

I feared that one NG+ run of my Maximum Security run, which I did legit on the way to platinum, wouldn't be enough, because back then I wasn't as diligent in collecting and selling items, because I just wanted to finish the run quickly. I used the MS-run-save for my NG+ however and switched to Minimum Security at the NG+ screen... and lo and behold, I killed every enemy with melee, sold every items I could get my hands on and got enough money for the trophy by mid Chapter 7, right after the Two Head fight in the colony. So two playthroughs (one on Max, NG+ on Min) are enough to get it. :)

• Like 2

On 18/02/2023 at 3:44 PM, GannerRhysode said:

Hey guys, I just wanted to give you all a headsup, I just finally 100% the trophylist after finishing Hardcore and Hardcore NG+. Only one mising was the Upgrade trophy, which you WON'T get with two HC playthroughs, even if you kill everything with melee and sell everything.

I thought this would be the case. Thanks for testing it out.

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 1

I got the fully upgraded trophy by playing once on Normal mode while collecting and selling as much as I could and then doing my Maximum Security run on NG+ and selling everything except shotgun and Assault rifle ammo. 

You don't need the health vials because two or three hits kills you anyway, so just die and restart if you need to. 

Now onto Hardcore (twice!) for the 100%

Had to replay this shit game 3 additional times after the hardcore mode dropped. 1 hardcore run using melee for 95% of the time. 1 hardcore NG+ run using melee 95% of the time. 1 standard mode NG++.

I rushed through the game in new game + in the January update and didn't bother picking up credits. So I had replay the game in NG++ right up until the penultimate chapter.

I've played this game 5 times since launch and I don't know why I care so much about getting the 100% in a game where they don't respect the players time and ask them to replay the game over and over again with unskippable cut scenes. 

On 2/18/2023 at 7:12 PM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Had to replay this shit game 3 additional times after the hardcore mode dropped. 1 hardcore run using melee for 95% of the time. 1 hardcore NG+ run using melee 95% of the time. 1 standard mode NG++.

I rushed through the game in new game + in the January update and didn't bother picking up credits. So I had replay the game in NG++ right up until the penultimate chapter.

I've played this game 5 times since launch and I don't know why I care so much about getting the 100% in a game where they don't respect the players time and ask them to replay the game over and over again with unskippable cut scenes. 

so there is a new game ++ ??  Im also one of those guys that bought a lot of ammo/missed some goodies

• Like 1

On 21.2.2023 at 4:56 AM, SilkyJay86 said:

so there is a new game ++ ??  Im also one of those guys that bought a lot of ammo/missed some goodies

As with every New Game + mode you can do that as much as you want. Nothing is prohibiting you from using that finished NG+ save as the basis for another NG+ (making it effectively a NG++). :)

Edited by GannerRhysode