Any hints on how to get "perfectionist"

I was trying on the easy ones with Basic difficulty and simple style, tried many speed settings but I was just wasting my time and still have a lot of music to clear. So I just stopped trying , setted speed back to 1.0 and continued clear musics, got it naturally like 3 musics later...

If you still have music to clear just keep going

Took a few tries but I got this earlier today by using basic difficulty, simple style and with the timing setting tweaked as I tend to hit notes on the early side.

Song is dealers choice so pick one that you're comfortable with and can stand listening to a lot. I did "Rufus's Welcoming Ceremony" as I found that the song that I could consistently get under 5 greats so just played that over and over again.

Funny because it's from the part of VII I don't like. Childhood flashbacks of trying/failing to march in parade.

If by the end you still don't have it, you might want to experiment with the settings and find a speed/timing that works for you. Pick a song you like, preferably an FMS (since those waves are free criticals) and a short one (with less buttons to press, many are Difficulty 2) and just keep replaying it in Basic difficulty & Simple style until you get lucky enough or your fingers get numb.

Good luck, I am at 40ish% completion and only managed to do it once! (had a few where I missed critical once or twice)

Edited by oYazmat

EMS songs tend to have simpler charts from what I can tell. I personally got mine on Celes’ Theme EMS on expert (don’t necessarily assume basic is easier - if you’ve gotten used to expert/ultimate/supreme already, going back can be surprisingly difficult)

• Like 1

this might sound like a silly advice, but remember to breathe and slow down when you're going for an achievement like that. i noticed that when i anticipate the notes too much, i start to press the notes earlier than they're met to.

also, there's a really short track—Lux Concordiae from Dissidia 012[duodecim] Final Fantasy, i think? it was one of the ones that you unlock from finishing the dissidia story quests. basic mode had only about 60 notes, and even on expert, it had about 70. could try that too if you're looking for something that's easy to repeat.

good luck, and i hope that you get the achievement soon!

(i got mine on the basic standard mode of sunrise btw!)

• Like 1

After a few tries I managed to get it on Zanarkand on basic mode.  You'll need the deluxe upgrade for that song though.  I got very close a few times on Somnus as well, so that may be doable for you if you don't have the deluxe upgrade.

Both are very slow and short songs so after a few tries you'll probably get it.

Edited by Fettster777
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Fettster777 said:

After a few tries I managed to get it on Zanarkand on basic mode.  You'll need the deluxe upgrade for that song though.  I got very close a few times on Somnus as well, so that may be doable for you if you don't have the deluxe upgrade.

Both are very slow and short songs so after a few tries you'll probably get it.

The trick is to do it a song you are comfortable with, one that you heard before a lot (many have heard Zanarkand all the time), this because you need to let the song guide you through instead of relying on the visuals.

Edited by oYazmat

I read through this thread the other day, but I didn’t go out of my way to try anything specific. I was trying to clear quests and ended up replaying the Cosmo Canyon song from FFVII on Basic and got it. 

I would say for anyone struggling, play through the songs in quite a few games, and the ones you have a feel for and the highest scores, try them on Basic. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You don’t need to grind this one but instead go for “Eternal Harmony” which is 100 perfect chain. During grinding for this you’ll eventually got “Perfectionist” because you getting good and adapt to the game. 

if you already do 100 perfect chain and still didn’t get Perfectionist, that’s when you need to change tactics. Change bar’s speed faster or slower depends on each person. Sometime faster makes it easier to get rainbow.

Also try to change the delay sync. Sometimes I feel better to get rainbow on +5 when I do 9800000 scores Feats

• 8 months later...
On 2/21/2023 at 5:26 PM, Fettster777 said:

Okay, that's potentially worrying to see for me as I got my first All Critical on a DLC song (The Wings of Time from Chrono Trigger) and I didn't get the trophy. I know Zanarkand is a DX category song rather than a DLC category song as you stated but they are all extra songs so surely they would give the same outcome of the trophy if the requirements were achieved. Now I'm hoping this trophy hasn't glitched on me.....

• 3 weeks later...