Resources for Grinding

nukillerstar

Maybe this is a redundant thread, but I think this platinum is going to require a lot of grinding, specifically for 999er and Beyond the Stars.

Here's a good thread I found on why you should start power-leveling treasure hunter characters, especially the party they recommend in this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Theatrhythm/comments/113emmm/treasure_hunters_will_save_you_hundreds_of_hours/

TLDR of that thread: Paine, Yuffie, Zidane, and Fran are super duper helpful and they can get a lot of those high-tier summonstones, along with lots of strength upgrades, silver/golden eggs for XP farming (using both is 8x btw). 

The other tip I came across so far is to make sure to play Multiplayer to get other people's summon stones. There are so many cracked ones already going around, it saves the grinding if you can find someone online with like a 3x collect a card 40% drop. This can also be a thread to link up in the game and share powerful summonstones with each other.

Edited by nukillerstar
grammar
  • Like 1

I would just drop Yuffie and put Prompto instead.

Just to give you insight, I am running Noctis/Prompto/Thancred/Zidane, zidane alone makes almost all enemies drop a treasure chest. Both Zidane et Thancred have Mug which is more treasures (I have a few steal scrolls I don't plan to use yet). I am at 36% clear and I already dropped enough item to get Noctis to 999 all stats (he is 3 star currently with ~700 in all stats). I also have dropped 450~ different collecta cards (Prompto helps with this). I always swap Thancred when I want to do a song quest that require a specific character.

Tldr: Use Zidane and Prompto, and 2 other characters of your choice that can kill bosses/monsters quickly (for quests). Work on completing all quests and you will get a lot of grinding trophies on the way (1000 items, 999s, 9 star...etc).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oYazmat said:

I would just drop Yuffie and put Prompto instead.

Just to give you insight, I am running Noctis/Prompto/Thancred/Zidane, zidane alone makes almost all enemies drop a treasure chest. Both Zidane et Thancred have Mug which is more treasures (I have a few steal scrolls I don't plan to use yet). I am at 36% clear and I already dropped enough item to get Noctis to 999 all stats (he is 3 star currently with ~700 in all stats). I also have dropped 450~ different collecta cards (Prompto helps with this). I always swap Thancred when I want to do a song quest that require a specific character.

Tldr: Use Zidane and Prompto, and 2 other characters of your choice that can kill bosses/monsters quickly (for quests). Work on completing all quests and you will get a lot of grinding trophies on the way (1000 items, 999s, 9 star...etc).

Some people in the thread were kinda shitting on Prompto, good to know he's useful considering I have the whole XV party 99'd, Noct was going to be who I use to get to 999/Star 9. Thanks for your take!

13 minutes ago, nukillerstar said:

Some people in the thread were kinda shitting on Prompto, good to know he's useful considering I have the whole XV party 99'd, Noct was going to be who I use to get to 999/Star 9. Thanks for your take!

Well his Ultimate is not that good compared to other but he sure is useful,  maybe not the best, but he is better than Yuffie for finding Items since Yuffie is more for summonstones, which, honestly, are not worth the time. People should focus on completing all quests first, and if there are still some that they struggle with, only then they should go to Multiplayer (or discord/reddit) to exchange better ones. But I doubt you would need to, i feel like all quests can be done with average summonstones

• Like 1

This is really awesome info, especially for people that want to 999 multiple characters, but honestly, I think the platinum is pretty comfortable without any intense planning or mid maxing. I've been running Tidus (sadly sucks), Cloud #1, Vincent, and Jecht. I'm 60 ish percent through full story completion playing mostly on Ultimate/Supreme and Jecht and Cloud are both on par for 999, already good on items found, 600-700 Collectacards, so roughly matching to story completion rate. Adding in the grind to 5 billion R. So that method is SUPER killer to be efficient, but fortunately, I think we can just put in our favorite characters and roll. Sadly how long it takes to hit Star level 9 sucks though. I want my party to be a bunch of awesome villains, but nope. WAY too much time invested into other characters. LOL!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Haikrazon said:

This is really awesome info, especially for people that want to 999 multiple characters, but honestly, I think the platinum is pretty comfortable without any intense planning or mid maxing. I've been running Tidus (sadly sucks), Cloud #1, Vincent, and Jecht. I'm 60 ish percent through full story completion playing mostly on Ultimate/Supreme and Jecht and Cloud are both on par for 999, already good on items found, 600-700 Collectacards, so roughly matching to story completion rate. Adding in the grind to 5 billion R. So that method is SUPER killer to be efficient, but fortunately, I think we can just put in our favorite characters and roll. Sadly how long it takes to hit Star level 9 sucks though. I want my party to be a bunch of awesome villains, but nope. WAY too much time invested into other characters. LOL!

True, I am closing on star 5 now for my characters with 40ish% completion that's so much time you probably won't put in other characters. Fortunately the stats doesn't seems to have very noticeable impact on the battle so you can just level all to 99 and stop (mainly for unlocking their skills).

The time required to level a party of 4 to star 9 is almost the same required to level all 104 characters to level 99...

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I haven't grinded once for the Plat.

Played through every Series on the Campaign.

And near the last 2 or 3 Sets I swapped in Rikku X-2 with the intent of Stealing cards. 

Also had a Shiva with 2x 30 % Card Drop Chance and also the Mogry thing active. ( You do get plenty via Endless)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CoregBlue said:

Do you have to deleted a summon to get better ones? For example a beginner Shiva or can i still get a better one with better bonuses while keeping the old one?

I heard the max is 999 sumonstones (can't verify this I just have like ~170). So unless you are close to the max, there is no need to delete them (unless you like your inventory to stay clean).

However, lock the ones you use most or care about them so you can "spot them" easily (and also don't delete them by mistake)

You're way better off using a summon stone with exp on it, since that's the one thing characters can't boost, and then using Rikku and a hunter that boosts drops for most songs (like Zidane or Fran). You really only need one summonstone, and theres no real need to grind for them. Just do a couple of multiplayer songs and you'll get something good. The character abilities are what really make or break completing quests. 

Using Rikku specifically gets you a ton of collectacards. Collectacards boost stats for characters, boost exp gained from enemies, and summon damage. And these bonuses stack with duplicates. I was able to hit max stats before even hitting 9 star and get to 9 star before doing all of the songs even once with just a 60% exp summon stone and using items. I'm already about 75% done with missions, and because of all of the collectacards I got, it's making it really easy to do missions with characters after doing just one or two songs to get the abilities needed. Since their stats are already boosted from cards.

There's really no need to grind in this game if you start with a good setup. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

You're way better off using a summon stone with exp on it, since that's the one thing characters can't boost, and then using Rikku and a hunter that boosts drops for most songs (like Zidane or Fran). You really only need one summonstone, and theres no real need to grind for them. Just do a couple of multiplayer songs and you'll get something good. The character abilities are what really make or break completing quests. 

Using Rikku specifically gets you a ton of collectacards. Collectacards boost stats for characters, boost exp gained from enemies, and summon damage. And these bonuses stack with duplicates. I was able to hit max stats before even hitting 9 star and get to 9 star before doing all of the songs even once with just a 60% exp summon stone and using items. I'm already about 75% done with missions, and because of all of the collectacards I got, it's making it really easy to do missions with characters after doing just one or two songs to get the abilities needed. Since their stats are already boosted from cards.

There's really no need to grind in this game if you start with a good setup. 

Exactly! Don't forget the Mog item that doubles Collecta Cards received!