How hard/time consuming are the DLC trophies?

servus99

Hi there,

As the title says, how about the DLC trophies? The first one is a free update right.

But, I would like to know Especially about the second DLC which seems to be very expensive. How hard is it and how long does it take? From the perspective of having beaten the game 2 years ago and not knowing anything about it anymore...

(I have gotten the plat on the ps4, then auto popped the ps5 game, I assume you can do the same for DLC).

Thanks in advance.

Difficulty is all based on time investment, if you take the time to have fun and build out a character properly then it's probably a 2-3/10. The reality is it can't be rushed anyways so that's probably the general difficulty regardless.

The time however is what you're looking at, and I'll use myself as an example. When I jumped back in I started completely over, deleted all old characters, made a new one starting in the prologue. New character was started on September 15th, and I didn't get the final DLC trophy until October 16th. I played daily, but my time varied so I can't give an exact HR breakdown. If you jump back in with your original character, we can again use me as an example. My first DLC trophy was September 27th, again ending on October 16th.

TLDR: Fresh character will probably take you a month, where was continuing where you left off will take you about 2 weeks. Obviously it could be less if you play longer sessions, or more if you play shorter.

The DLC is rather enjoyable and they made a lot of improvements on the old gameplay grind as well. If you're thinking about it because you have an itch for a looter shooter, it's 100% worth it.

36 minutes ago, servus99 said:

Hi there,

As the title says, how about the DLC trophies? The first one is a free update right.

But, I would like to know Especially about the second DLC which seems to be very expensive. How hard is it and how long does it take? From the perspective of having beaten the game 2 years ago and not knowing anything about it anymore...

(I have gotten the plat on the ps4, then auto popped the ps5 game, I assume you can do the same for DLC).

Thanks in advance.

It also depends on wether or not you have one or tow coop partners – preferably skilled high level players. All the endgame content is significantly harder playing solo ( a lot less fun too). 

I would say that it is possible within 20-25h, especially if you check for a good build beforehand and try to perfect it on the way. 

1 minute ago, OBSTINATIO said:

All the endgame content is significantly harder playing solo ( a lot less fun too). 

I don't agree with this at all, as I did it all solo. But I also took my time to really fill out my build properly (since I was genuinely having fun) as I went along without looking for shortcuts. So I think it goes back to time investment, and just how much you're willing to play and how much you're enjoying it.

That's overall what OP needs to consider. "Am I playing for fun + cleanup?" or "Am I just looking to rush cleanup?". The outcomes will be vastly different.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

I don't agree with this at all, as I did it all solo. But I also took my time to really fill out my build properly (since I was genuinely having fun) as I went along without looking for shortcuts. So I think it goes back to time investment, and just how much you're willing to play and how much you're enjoying it.

That's overall what OP needs to consider. "Am I playing for fun + cleanup?" or "Am I just looking to rush cleanup?". The outcomes will be vastly different.

Well, Outriders is a Coop-Game and designed to be played with other people. You might had a good time playing the game solo too, but this doesn't refute my claim, that the game is easier and quicker with other players. And it is also not really possible to determine if solo or coop is more fun, if you played the game solo (and like I said, it is a coop game after all). 

I am also not entirely sure how to rush the game. You need a build which allows you to finish the missions and more importantly the expeditions. One might wants a "perfect" build with all legendary and complete sets, someone else just wants a functional set. The only difference between those two approaches is the amount of time you spend repeating the expeditions or any of the other grind methods. I recommend playing the game as long as you have fun with it (btw. I really like the game and would recommend it to anybody who is looking for a nice coop-loot-shooter which isn't overly complex nor very time consuming.