Potential issue with Seals / Enchantments

Igni

As I near the end of the completion list, I realize that the changes done to the crafting system leaves the methods used to get the majority of the weapon/gear seals no longer functions. Effectively, there is now no logical way of earning these, I've only found some of the obscure ones through random battles and dismantling gear that happen to have them. Doing this meticulously, I still seem to be missing around half. 

This all feels like an oversight relating to the changes they did. I really hope I'm just overlooking something, so if anyone has any ideas feel free to bring them forward. Otherwise, they really went ahead and made this already tedious platinum a whole lot worse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hybridhero102 said:

Have you tried dismantling equipment with seals to see if you get them back? I haven't tried it myself but I would imagine any equipment with seals in them would return the seals when dismantled, its worth a shot

The "unique" seals on weapons with the 4 spike border around them aren't given when dismantling as they're locked to that specific weapon, everything else is given to you when dismantling.

Edited by Gage
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Gage said:

The "unique" seals on weapons with the 4 spike border around them aren't given when dismantling as they're locked to that specific weapon, everything else is given to you when dismantling.

So I could slot in all my seals on a weapon, dismantle that same weapon and get them back and re-slot them into something else?

45 minutes ago, hybridhero102 said:

So I could slot in all my seals on a weapon, dismantle that same weapon and get them back and re-slot them into something else?

Yes if you have ones you actually want to keep but not on a weapon you're upgrading further dismantling the weapon should give the seals back. 

• Like 1

Any progress on the seals, I have find only 10/45, and I don't have any idea how to get others, this come only in random encounters, or have a place that I can buy or trade?

P.S. I don't beat the game yet (chapter 11), I'm just curious about that.

Edited by SABBATH1979
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Igni said:

I'm now only missing 10. The process is really dumb, and will require lots of wasted materials, but the general idea is described here

Could you share about what exactly we need to do? I tried this so many times and never get a inherent seal or those exclusive seal does not count to the completion?

Edited by KamenRide_DcD

Damn these seals seem really complicated, the video said to use silver hammers (not sure if you need to use those or higher grades of hammer exclusively) to hopefully get a dupe of a weapons inherited seal for you to use when dismantling the piece of equipment. Does the seal only register in the completion list once acquired or do you need to reslot it into a piece of equipment for it to count? And what if you've made some of the best weapons but not had these seals duped, do you need to make them again or is there a way to keep the same weapon and reroll for the seals? This weapon grind just seems so complicated and dumb, I love these games but now I know not to take the other games equipment grinds for granted again

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, hybridhero102 said:

Damn these seals seem really complicated, the video said to use silver hammers (not sure if you need to use those or higher grades of hammer exclusively) to hopefully get a dupe of a weapons inherited seal for you to use when dismantling the piece of equipment. Does the seal only register in the completion list once acquired or do you need to reslot it into a piece of equipment for it to count? And what if you've made some of the best weapons but not had these seals duped, do you need to make them again or is there a way to keep the same weapon and reroll for the seals? This weapon grind just seems so complicated and dumb, I love these games but now I know not to take the other games equipment grinds for granted again

Hammer quality does NOT matter. What matters is the thing you're making needs to have an open seal slot. If the seal is in one of those unlocked slots (the ones that do not have the spikes) they will always drop on dismantle. The seal will only count for completion when you succeed in manually placing it onto another weapon. 

The video that was posted is not entirely correct in it's understanding of the features, so read my other post to clearer understand the logic. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Igni said:

Hammer quality does NOT matter. What matters is the thing you're making needs to have an open seal slot. If the seal is in one of those unlocked slots (the ones that do not have the spikes) they will always drop on dismantle. The seal will only count for completion when you succeed in manually placing it onto another weapon. 

The video that was posted is not entirely correct in it's understanding of the features, so read my other post to clearer understand the logic. 

Ah okay that makes it clearer thank you, I'm just testing now and I dismantled some equipment with locked seals and sometimes they did drop when dismantled. I'm not sure what determines this; grade of weapons, extra slots? Wish there was concrete info on this. 

Edit: I think each tier grade (green, blue, purple, gold) has a higher chance of dropping seals when dismantling, think i'll make all the weapons first to at least a green grade and try to save scum getting all the seals

Edited by hybridhero102

14 minutes ago, hybridhero102 said:

Ah okay that makes it clearer thank you, I'm just testing now and I dismantled some equipment with locked seals and sometimes they did drop when dismantled. I'm not sure what determines this; grade of weapons, extra slots? Wish there was concrete info on this. 

Edit: I think each tier grade (green, blue, purple, gold) has a higher chance of dropping seals when dismantling, think i'll make all the weapons first to at least a green grade and try to save scum getting all the seals

Save scumming would not work, the states in this game seem to be predetermined, if an enchant fails - loading back and doing it again will fail. Same with crafting and therefore I also imagine dismantling. It might be possible to reset the state somehow, like we do with crafting seal-less swords. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hybridhero102 said:

I'm getting more and more confused ?I understand now how to know when dismantling an item it will defo get you a seal but how do you make the items to have that seal with the bronze silver or gold outline? 

You add another of the same seal on top. If you have 1 attack buff on, place another attack buff on that seal and it'll go silver, once more for gold.

2 minutes ago, Igni said:

You add another of the same seal on top. If you have 1 attack buff on, place another attack buff on that seal and it'll go silver, once more for gold.

Okay so how do I get a piece of equipment's exclusive seal to become dismantleable? (not a word lol) I watched the video and I can't get that to happen with anything, guessing thats why I need to make a seal-less weapon to reset the process?

Exclusive seals are not dismantable ever. They are exclusive to that weapon. Some weapons/gear have unexclusive seals in their locked slots. These you can get, but not from dismantling. You have to get to a crafting state where the next thing you make has a seal, then make that item, or one before it in its crafting line, where you may potentially get it in one of the open slots as a bonus. This works for most of the seals

2 minutes ago, Igni said:

You have to get to a crafting state where the next thing you make has a seal, then make that item, or one before it in its crafting line, where you may potentially get it in one of the open slots as a bonus. This works for most of the seals

Right okay this is what I dont understand, how does this work exactly? I don't get how seals would just appear when being crafted into the next weapon?

I explained this here.

6 hours ago, Igni said:

It is kind of complicated to say the least, but I'll give it a go. I now have all but 2 of the seals, so this method works for most of them.
What you do is make a save, then create a few of the cheapest sword with a seal slot. If none of these happen to get a seal, reload, make a single sword WITHOUT a seal slot to reset the ingame seed, make a save and start making seal swords again. Once you hit a sword that has a seal in the slot, remember what position it was in (e.g the 4th sword from your save), reload, make 3 swords and save again. The next thing you make, provided it has a seal slot, will ALWAYS have a seal. So now you play around with that savepoint and make all kinds of different items until you get one you need. Hopefully this is understandable. 

Btw if anyone happens to figure out where to get the "Change of Heart" seal is, please let me know. 

Basically, it only happens when the game randomly decides that "next round you get a seal". There is no way of really knowing this, so we make saves, create some cheap swords with open slots and search for a situation where crafting a sword gives a bonus seal. If you go through like 5 swords, and none get a seal, load back the save and make a sword with NO seal slot, as this seemingly resets it. You then do the same, make some swords with slots and see if you find any.

Let's say you make 2 swords and that second one gets a seal, cool. You then load back your save, make 1 sword (the next you make after this will be the second sword from before, e.g it will have a seal.) You then save, this way, the next thing you make will get a seal. No matter what you make, so long as it has a slot, will get a seal. You can then pick something you might want, for example making a peashooter might give you the Greed seal (drop rate). 

It's not intuitive, it doesn't make a lot of sense and I get that anyone reading this might find it confusing. This isn't the intended way to get the seals, but merely abusing the system since nothing else works reliably. There are still seals I can't find through this method, and I hope RGG adds some way for us to hunt them out.

• Like 1

So its not necessarily RNG but the game deciding on its own if you'll get a seal. If it does decide to give you a seal will the seal be random or do certain weapons have specific seals that will show up? The video makes it seem like if you are to get a seal it will be the same as the exclusive seal on that same weapon

Damn, can't say I'm looking forward to the seal grind. It already seems super daunting grinding out the mats, money and levels (though I assume that comes naturally ...) plus all the diligence records. And now save scum fuckery on top of that? Yikes. Can't believe they made the trophy list even worse than it already was.

Once you get a seal-state, every weapon/gear will give you a seal. Different weapons may have different seals, but as long as you stay on the same save, the seal for each weapon will not change. What seal a weapon can get is probably based on some pool of options each one can have. The chopstick gun seems to always give either XP or Loot, but a sword may have many different options. To get transferrable seals that pertain to certain weapon groups, you therefor have to make that weapon or something in its family. 
Here are all the seals, from some guy who managed to get all of them through luck / bruteforce.
image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

image.png

Edited by Igni
  • Like 3

Okay i'll try to get a seal state now, this is actually god damn miserable. I was loving the game until this grind I actually hate it, I hope they update it to make seals buyable or something but I doubt that will happen

Edit: Spent 500 ryo and crafted around 20 items after making a non-seal item to reset the counter or whatever and didn't get a single seal. 

Edited by hybridhero102

It's seems verry boring, first you need a lot of money (platinum plate are "worthless" in this remake), and then play with some RNG, to take a single seal.

I will try to get all anyway

23 hours ago, Igni said:

Btw if anyone happens to figure out where to get the "Change of Heart" seal is, please let me know. 

You have tried via enchantment? Maybe have some exclusive via this method

Edited by SABBATH