Potential issue with Seals / Enchantments

Igni

Don't remember if this exact thing was brought up but I noticed something when trying to attach seals: I had issues with the Fierce Attack and Madness seals (both 81% chance with all upgrades), had tried everything including attaching other seals before trying again, and then I decided to try using other seals of the same percentage (both square seals but that didn't seem to matter), both failed just like both of my Fierce Attack seals when trying them one after another. Then I went back to try and attach the Fierce Attack and Madness seals again, and it worked! So seems like the pass/fail seed affects all seals of the same percentage?

Edited by Zanreo

3 hours ago, Zanreo said:

Don't remember if this exact thing was brought up but I noticed something when trying to attach seals: I had issues with the Fierce Attack and Madness seals (both 81% chance with all upgrades), had tried everything including attaching other seals before trying again, and then I decided to try using other seals of the same percentage (both square seals but that didn't seem to matter), both failed just like both of my Fierce Attack seals when trying them one after another. Then I went back to try and attach the Fierce Attack and Madness seals again, and it worked! So seems like the pass/fail seed affects all seals of the same percentage?

That is correct. Just for funsies, I repeated a bunch of 90% success rate seals 10 times because I was curious. Every last one of them failed. Then I applied a single 33% one successfully and then all the 90% ones started applying too. Seems almost everything related to crafting is predetermined to stop you from cheesing it too hard...not that it stops us, of course.

54 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Do I still need greed seals now that the drop rates have been increased so much?

They're totally pointless now imo.

Though I kinda think they were overrated anyway in general. I got almost all of my farming done before the patch (literally all I needed after the update was dragon whiskers and like 40 sturdy lumber) and I did it all without greed seals. The time it takes to actually get enough greed seals to make a difference is time you could have just spent farming instead. Plus you're just nerfing your DPS if you put greed seals on your gun anyway. At least that was the logic I used and it seemed to work out fine. Especially cause the most time consuming aspect of crafting was seals which greed doesn't really help with.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZenaxPure said:

They're totally pointless now imo.

Though I kinda think they were overrated anyway in general. I got almost all of my farming done before the patch (literally all I needed after the update was dragon whiskers and like 40 sturdy lumber) and I did it all without greed seals. The time it takes to actually get enough greed seals to make a difference is time you could have just spent farming instead. Plus you're just nerfing your DPS if you put greed seals on your gun anyway. At least that was the logic I used and it seemed to work out fine. Especially cause the most time consuming aspect of crafting was seals which greed doesn't really help with.

Should I still go for a vortex for my gun? Right now I’m using the golden gun still and the sword you get for beating all the substories.

6 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

Should I still go for a vortex for my gun? Right now I’m using the golden gun still and the sword you get for beating all the substories.

Vortex is 100% better than the golden gun. Once you start grinding the materials you don't need to use a sword anymore. Even beating the game on Legend is just holding square button to shoot.

Trying to get this craft savescumming to work, and can report you can get Drunken Craze on Eternal Gold (was trying for Composure, which I thankfully got from Masamune instead)

Now I just got Bewitched and Blessing left, wish me luck... tried grinding Golden Sneaks for the former but had no luck

EDIT: got Bewitched from the first Jumbo Saw I made shortly after posting this x3

I also saw a comment from someone (on a Steam guide but I don't see why it wouldn't be the same for the PS version) that if you craft from a max grade/gold item, you'll get multiple seals (2 or 3) if made on the seal drop "turn" - they got 3 different seals (one of them being Blessing) from using a Silver Hammer to make a Divine Dragon Emblem from a gold Iron Hachigane. Gonna try this x3

Edited by Zanreo

12 hours ago, Zanreo said:

I also saw a comment from someone (on a Steam guide but I don't see why it wouldn't be the same for the PS version) that if you craft from a max grade/gold item, you'll get multiple seals (2 or 3) if made on the seal drop "turn" - they got 3 different seals (one of them being Blessing) from using a Silver Hammer to make a Divine Dragon Emblem from a gold Iron Hachigane. Gonna try this x3

That's interesting if it actually works.

...so I tried that and unless I did something wrong, it didn't. Tried both crafting from an Iron Hachigane that was already gold, and one that was a few levels away from it so it would become gold upon turning into the Dragon Emblem - neither of those worked, still just got one seal no matter how many times I tried. Not sure if it got patched out or is a quirk exclusive to the Steam version or whatever

Anyway I finally got all seals, now just gambling completion and Sensual Healing on Asura left for the completion list...

Edited by Zanreo

1 hour ago, Zanreo said:

...so I tried that and unless I did something wrong, it didn't. Tried both crafting from an Iron Hachigane that was already gold, and one that was a few levels away from it so it would become gold upon turning into the Dragon Emblem - neither of those worked, still just got one seal no matter how many times I tried. Not sure if it got patched out or is a quirk exclusive to the Steam version or whatever

Anyway I finally got all seals, now just gambling completion and Sensual Healing on Asura left for the completion list...

Well thanks for trying atleast. Good luck on Asura, it had me stuck for a bit but doable.