Potential issue with Seals / Enchantments

Igni

1 hour ago, SABBATH said:

It's seems verry boring, first you need a lot of money (platinum plate are "worthless" in this remake), and then play with some RNG, to take a single seal.

I will try to get all anyway

You have tried via enchantment? Maybe have some exclusive via this method

Firstly, money is best gained in the last dungeon, you get 20 ryo per clear and also it can drop Dragon Hawk guns which are sold for 200 ryo. The seals are not something you can get via enchanting. I ended up getting the defensive counterpart to Change of Heart via crafting, so I know it's in there somewhere. At this point I've been playing 20+ hours trying to get the last 2 seals, so regardless it's not an ideal method

I have started the seals, just to start to learn, and in almost 2 hour I got 5 new ones (13/45 rn), not that hard (don't get me wrong, it's far from easy), but a lot of complexity.

2 hours ago, Igni said:

Firstly, money is best gained in the last dungeon, you get 20 ryo per clear and also it can drop Dragon Hawk guns which are sold for 200 ryo. The seals are not something you can get via enchanting. I ended up getting the defensive counterpart to Change of Heart via crafting, so I know it's in there somewhere. At this point I've been playing 20+ hours trying to get the last 2 seals, so regardless it's not an ideal method

Thank you for this info, I didn't start the grind in that dungeon yet, I think that I need some seals before, like a gold Pierce, a gold  Fierce Attack and a Dragon Hawk

Edited by SABBATH

1 hour ago, SABBATH said:

I have started the seals, just to start to learn, and in almost 2 hour I got 5 new ones (13/45 rn), not that hard (don't get me wrong, it's far from easy), but a lot of complexity.

Thank you for this info, I didn't start the grind in that dungeon yet, I think that I need some seals before, like a gold Pierce, a gold  Fierce Attack and a Dragon Hawk

I recommend you place a load of drop increase seals before you do. I regret having spent 30+ hours in dungeons without them. They are guaranteed from making a Chopstick gun (might be peashooter, not able to check rn) with a seal seed. Place them on top of each other until you have a few gold ones. It might be you get most of the seals dropped to you from weapons in there while grinding 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Marloges said:

So, if I finally happen to get my hands on a rare seal and the enhancement fails ... I'm pretty much f*cked and need to get the same seal a second time? Or is there ANY way to reset the chance?

If you get a rare seal then save your game before enhancing a piece of equipment with it. If it fails you can just reload your save and try again

5 hours ago, hybridhero102 said:

If you get a rare seal then save your game before enhancing a piece of equipment with it. If it fails you can just reload your save and try again

Yeah but, apparantly the fail is predetermined? I tried to put a seal with an 80% chance on my equipment and it failed. And no matter how many times I reloaded it always failed. Not sure how you can reset that.

1 hour ago, Marloges said:

Yeah but, apparantly the fail is predetermined? I tried to put a seal with an 80% chance on my equipment and it failed. And no matter how many times I reloaded it always failed. Not sure how you can reset that.

It's really seems like that, what I did to "fix" it, only work one single time with me, it's puting another seal before that one you want to get in the weapon, basically, the weapon will need two extra slots

Edited by SABBATH
  • Like 1

On 23/02/2023 at 9:23 PM, Igni said:

It is kind of complicated to say the least, but I'll give it a go. I now have all but 2 of the seals, so this method works for most of them.
What you do is make a save, then create a few of the cheapest sword with a seal slot. If none of these happen to get a seal, reload, make a single sword WITHOUT a seal slot to reset the ingame seed, make a save and start making seal swords again. Once you hit a sword that has a seal in the slot, remember what position it was in (e.g the 4th sword from your save), reload, make 3 swords and save again. The next thing you make, provided it has a seal slot, will ALWAYS have a seal. So now you play around with that savepoint and make all kinds of different items until you get one you need. Hopefully this is understandable. 

Btw if anyone happens to figure out where to get the "Change of Heart" seal is, please let me know. 

Hey I'm missing "Change of Heart" and "Square Seal: Special Moves". Can I check how you got the latter? 

Edited by ipmh97

Thanks @Igni for taking your time and explaining it as best as you can. I’m nowhere close to the grind but after reading all this I immediately regret getting this game thinking it would be close to kiwami 2/y6 when going for the platinum?.

I can’t imagine the devs will update this game because of this grind. Oh well I’ve done worse ?

3 hours ago, ipmh97 said:

Hey I'm missing "Change of Heart" and "Square Seal: Special Moves". Can I check how you got the latter? 

I've only found Square Seal Special Moves while grinding Golden Sneak enemies 

Here's a link to a shitty spreadsheet of all my findings thus far 

Spreadsheet 

• Like 1

I'm just missing 7 seals now but I've noticed when guaranteed a seal on the next item each item gives the same seal each time, not sure if it's just me? Say I make weapon X i'll always get a sphere attack seal no matter how many times I reload and retry weapon X. Then the same will happen with weapon Y but drops a sphere bleached cloth seal, do you only get different seals for these weapons on the next seal seed?

2 hours ago, Igni said:

I've only found Square Seal Special Moves while grinding Golden Sneak enemies 

Here's a link to a shitty spreadsheet of all my findings thus far 

Spreadsheet 

Man, you are the best! thaks a lot to share this with us, I'm about to start now the seals,... missing 26. Last night I did everything in the game, left behind only the weapons and the XP grind.

Let's start the real Ishin! hahaha 

3 hours ago, hybridhero102 said:

3 seals left! Still trying to roll blessing on the Fighting Spirit Emblem, Square seal Special Moves from the Golden Sneaks. Starting to feel like change of heart doesn't exist lol. hoping its a drop from the golden sneaks as well 

How did you get change of heart??

Could it be that change of heart seal is reward for completing super asura mode, in sensual healing minigame?  as you need to complete everything for the trophy's, but there's no indication to complete this difficulty which is a bit wierd, and dunno if super asura was in the original game. Just a guess. 

2 minutes ago, edykingxlr said:

Could it be that change of heart seal is reward for completing super asura mode, in sensual healing minigame?  as you need to complete everything for the trophy's, but there's no indication to complete this difficulty which is a bit wierd, and dunno if super asura was in the original game. Just a guess. 

Its worth a try I guess!

3 hours ago, edykingxlr said:

Unfortunately it's not, I did Super Asura and you get nothing for this :(

32 minutes ago, Panduhmonium_ said:

Hi all! I've been following along this topic furiously trying to figure out how to get the virtue seal. Finally figured it out. My husband was very kind and dug through the game files and discovered that the seal only pops up on the Yoshiyuki. For those that are unaware...that is the sword Ryoma starts with. You cannot craft this sword at the blacksmith. It then dawned on me that omg they want you to grind for this in the battle dungeon and yep that is indeed what they want you to do LOL.

So after spending my entire Sunday I've finally found the damn thing. It's in the last battle dungeon area, fourth mission in the list, "Rescue the Kidnapped Official 1". If you look at the obtainable materials list you will notice the Yoshiyuki is on that list. I recommend making a fast firing gun (I'm using the vortex) with as many greed seals as possible to make the process quicker. For example I have three gold seal stacks on my vortex for a total of +18% drop rate. ALSO, for whatever reason for me the seal is named "Repentance" not "Change of Heart". I'm from the US playing on Steam so I dunno if it's a region translation thing or what.

Here are some screenshots I took afterwards. Hope this helps!

repentance-1.png

location.png

repentance-2.png

repentance-3.png

I'll try this out, thank you legend! ? 

EDIT: Got the weapon AND seal first run of this dungeon after finding this out, maybe I just got lucky because I've run that dungeon a few times before but not got it. This is definitely the way to get this seal thanks so much now I have the platinum! 

Edited by hybridhero102
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Panduhmonium_ said:

I recommend making a fast firing gun (I'm using the vortex) with as many greed seals as possible to make the process quicker. For example I have three gold seal stacks on my vortex for a total of +18% drop rate. ALSO, for whatever reason for me the seal is named "Repentance" not "Change of Heart". I'm from the US playing on Steam so I dunno if it's a region translation thing or what.

Maybe i dont understand something, but guns are not very effective against armored enemies Or i'm missing something? Just looking how to optimise my time farming battle dungeons. 

1 hour ago, Greidis said:

Maybe i dont understand something, but guns are not very effective against armored enemies Or i'm missing something? Just looking how to optimise my time farming battle dungeons. 

You can put "Pierce" on your guns that can tear enemies armor off. However, you can also bring cards that deal extra damage like the Uta card for the Gun style.

Basically by the time you're grinding in the battle Dungeon with item drop seals, you're already doing a shit ton of damage so it's not a huge issue. 

Only place it's not really worth it is the Sanada dungeons imo, but most likely you'll be using something like the Golden Gun or another gun with Pierce/attack seals on it. 

Edited by WILD DOG

4 hours ago, hybridhero102 said:

I'll try this out, thank you legend! 1f64f.png 

EDIT: Got the weapon AND seal first run of this dungeon after finding this out, maybe I just got lucky because I've run that dungeon a few times before but not got it. This is definitely the way to get this seal thanks so much now I have the platinum! 

how long did the platinum take you in total then?  Surely not too hard overall right? although from what ive read about the whole seals/smithing thing it sounds tedious.  I've only just completed the game on legend/normal mode so I'm a while off doing all that yet