Potential issue with Seals / Enchantments

Igni

4 hours ago, hybridhero102 said:

I'll try this out, thank you legend! 1f64f.png 

EDIT: Got the weapon AND seal first run of this dungeon after finding this out, maybe I just got lucky because I've run that dungeon a few times before but not got it. This is definitely the way to get this seal thanks so much now I have the platinum! 

Congratulation, deserved the platinum!

I'm about 1 hour and a half in this dungeon, having a bad luck... but 10k XP per run is not bad. I'm still missing 10 seals, maybe tonight I be able to finish the seals

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike_87 said:

how long did the platinum take you in total then?  Surely not too hard overall right? although from what ive read about the whole seals/smithing thing it sounds tedious.  I've only just completed the game on legend/normal mode so I'm a while off doing all that yet

Overall I think I it was somewhere around 120-130hrs, my in game timer said 117 but I did a lot of save summing for seals and chicken races

2 hours ago, mike_87 said:

Hard then or not? Seals does sound horrendous lol

Just grindy, Mahjong only requires 35K score before bonus to complete and the rest would be dance and shooting minigames that new players would consider hard.

With the right build (gold gun, pierce and double shot) and lots of points being pumped into gunslinger early on, maybe even ignoring brawler and letting the heat actions completion being last after you hit level 99 just to get more damage for farming dungeons faster (or you can just have double/triple shot troopers squad on gunslinger since it doubles/triples damage) pierce is a must as it breaks armor instead of switching to sword. some elemental sword to melt Amon and then if someone figures out where to get multiple greed seals (chance drops to 49% and like around 25% for leveling that seal up on same equipment) and stack as much as you can to some sword and odachi to get more 6% drop rate just to ease up some farming but all of this needs some testing on how effecting having higher drop rate in making them drop more items. I'm 77 hours ingame and with wasted some hours by staying in early chapters but could see this plat be doable in 100-120 hours with some extreme luck.

Out of all the RGG studios I've played this is definitely the most luck dependent one, where your platinum time can swing hugely depending on material drop luck (especially 20 dragon eyes, fangs, whiskers). For myself my in game timer was 73 hours but including the save scumming blacksmith and chicken, it took probably closer to 77 hours. Just got to optimize routes and priorities and overall it's not the worst Yakuza game to plat. Knowing which battle dungeons drop which materials more often is super helpful as well and I can help provide some insight if anyone has any questions.

• Like 2

Like WILD DOG said you can put pierce on the gun to break armor. I have Ichiban as my corporal, then a furious combo card, Shinada, and Uta. Just make sure to use Ichiban's card last after you get your combo going to get a boost from the high combo since Ichi's card runs out very fast. Shinada just makes it so you can shoot freely without having to dodge/move. With this setup they die quickly in the last battle dungeon.

If you have a setup that works for you that is all that matters though! :D

2 hours ago, DevilDestiny said:

and then if someone figures out where to get multiple greed seals (chance drops to 49% and like around 25% for leveling that seal up on same equipment) and stack as much as you can to some sword and odachi to get more 6% drop rate

Don't the Great Writing Brush, Sparkling Jelly Sword, and Chopstick Gun have a chance to give it to you since they have it by default? It was stated earlier in the thread you just craft Chopstick Guns to transfer them over to other stuff. I don't see why you wouldn't just throw that on your Dragon Hawk along with the fastest fire rate from Cloudy Skies since they should stack, the armor piercing one from Missilecutter, the guard breaker from Sword Crusher, and you should be good to go.

So an ideal Dragon Hawk would be something like Double Shots (Innate), Faster Fire Rate (Innate), Fastest Fire Rate (Cloudy Skies), Armor Piercing (Missilecutter), Guard Breaking (Sword Crusher), Item Drop Rate (Chopstick Gun) and then the seventh slot is whatever you want? The only tedious ones of those to make are the Missilecutter and Sword Crusher but the materials to make them are extremely plentiful once the grind starts. Then you don't have to rely on cards outside of bosses making the Battle Dungeon go by much quicker.

On 24-2-2023 at 7:18 PM, Igni said:

I recommend you place a load of drop increase seals before you do. I regret having spent 30+ hours in dungeons without them. They are guaranteed from making a Chopstick gun (might be peashooter, not able to check rn) with a seal seed. Place them on top of each other until you have a few gold ones. It might be you get most of the seals dropped to you from weapons in there while grinding 

Any tip how to get the increase drop seals seal. I'd like to get it even before finishing the campaign just to get a headstart as I already got the golden gun.

5 hours ago, XImagineBreakerX said:

Out of all the RGG studios I've played this is definitely the most luck dependent one, where your platinum time can swing hugely depending on material drop luck (especially 20 dragon eyes, fangs, whiskers). For myself my in game timer was 73 hours but including the save scumming blacksmith and chicken, it took probably closer to 77 hours. Just got to optimize routes and priorities and overall it's not the worst Yakuza game to plat. Knowing which battle dungeons drop which materials more often is super helpful as well and I can help provide some insight if anyone has any questions.

WHats the reason for save scumming the chicken racing? to get the high score? Which Yakuza game do you think is the worst to plat? ive done all of them and all spin offs and Fist of the North Star as well, except dead souls.

Edited by mike_87

33 minutes ago, Marloges said:

Congrats to those who got the plat!

Did any of you get any seals by disarming golden sneaks? So far they never had ones and I feel like I'm wasting time disarming them.

I tried disarming any golden sneaks I came across but never got any weapons with seals on so I don't feel like its really worth it, might get some good money early game from selling those weapons perhaps but for endgame grinding its pretty useless

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mike_87 said:

WHats the reason for save scumming the chicken racing? to get the high score? Which Yakuza game do you think is the worst to plat? ive done all of them and all spin offs and Fist of the North Star as well, except dead souls.

Because otherwise you waste 14k per attempt if your chicken loses and your profit is roughly in the 40-50k range. Because of the nerf to Platinum Plates from 480 ryo per 40 to 150 ryo per 40 you have to make sure every tag is used properly. Early on you have to do it just to earn enough tags in general.

Ishin Kiwami will be the worst to plat now due to this new Seal system since it's on top of all the grinding the original Ishin had. Ishin was the prior worst and both of these were due to the grind. Fist of the North Star had less grind going for the Destiny Talismans than Ishin does doing the Battle Dungeon to get all the weapons and now you have to jump through hoops to get Seals compared to Symbols in the original game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, soliunasm said:

Because otherwise you waste 14k per attempt if your chicken loses and your profit is roughly in the 40-50k range. Because of the nerf to Platinum Plates from 480 ryo per 40 to 150 ryo per 40 you have to make sure every tag is used properly. Early on you have to do it just to earn enough tags in general.

Ishin Kiwami will be the worst to plat now due to this new Seal system since it's on top of all the grinding the original Ishin had. Ishin was the prior worst and both of these were due to the grind. Fist of the North Star had less grind going for the Destiny Talismans than Ishin does doing the Battle Dungeon to get all the weapons and now you have to jump through hoops to get Seals compared to Symbols in the original game.

Yeah the chicken racing scared me off tbh it looked really in depth.  Just did the 5 bets and that was it, never grinded for tags initially. always save that till premium adventure

Just now, mike_87 said:

Yeah the chicken racing scared me off tbh it looked really in depth.  Just did the 5 bets and that was it, never grinded for tags initially. always save that till premium adventure

It's really not that bad, and since it's in English now it's much easier to understand. My English guide for the original is complicated because unless you know Japanese you can't read the menus. Everything is ultimately a 1:5 chance you win.

1. Find a chicken with an up arrow and at least two circles, preferably three. Double or single don't matter but it needs that many and an up arrow. Triangles and xs also don't matter as long as it has the circles and the up arrow.
  2. Bet 300 on it individually and savescum until you win twice.
  3. Bet 300 on it individually and bet on the chicken you bet on in the Quinella, regardless if it's in first or second place in those bets. Savescum until you win twice.
  4. Bet 300 on it individually, bet on the chicken you bet on in the Quinella, and then bet on it in the ones it's in first place on the Double Exacta. Savescum until you win twice.
  5. Now you can bet 300 on it individually, bet on the chicken you bet on in the Quinella, bet on it in first place in all options of the Double Exacta, Triple Exacta, and Quintuple Exacta.

If you win you earn like 40k or more. If you lose you just reload your save. Just make sure at every step you're betting 300 on every single option. Even in the Quinella if you lose three of the four bets you're still gaining 12x one of them so the amount you lost is negligible.

1 hour ago, mike_87 said:

Yeah and really by end game there is no need to farm chicken race unless if you wanted points to get silver hammers which can help in giving seal slots to weapons.

From memory the worst plat was probably Yakuza 5 with just how long it was. For Ishin I was definitely expecting the worst with the 140 hour estimation on the trophy guide and the change in seals, but it wasn't too bad honestly grinding for seals/material. I might have just been very lucky though.

11 minutes ago, XImagineBreakerX said:

From memory the worst plat was probably Yakuza 5 with just how long it was. For Ishin I was definitely expecting the worst with the 140 hour estimation on the trophy guide and the change in seals, but it wasn't too bad honestly grinding for seals/material. I might have just been very lucky though.

It's very possible they raised the drop rates in the Battle Dungeons. It took me around 60 hours of farming to get everything I needed in the original with the original Golden Gun that had a drop rate increase. The 20 jewels for the trade to get the Pistol That Time Forgot were like an eight or ten hour affair for me. I feel like you guys might be getting more lucky with your drops and Seals from crafting though. Another thing to consider is that because the Battle Dungeon drops weapons now you may need far less crafting materials compared to the original since you had to craft a lot of higher tier equipment to get higher tier stuff.

Thanks to @Panduhmonium_ I now have the plat. 
For those still interested in getting this, I recommend you leave all the crafting for seals until after you grind the Golden Snekas for their exclusive Seal drop, 
Square: Special Moves, as you get a lot of seals through working towards this. 

Like I posted earlier, I have made a spreadsheet detailing all the seals. The method described earlier can be used to get the seals you might be missing at the end. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, XImagineBreakerX said:

First, congrats for the platinum! You did it pretty quick, I'm already 70 hours and I'm still in chapter 6. I'm trying to farm a little bit the dungeons right now, but I have some questions. Can you tell which ones are the best to farm the dragon items? So far until now, I completed the 40 dungeons and did like 10-15 extra and I barely received 1-2 dragon items in all of them. I just saw the sword that requires 20 of the three.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Galserik said:

First, congrats for the platinum! You did it pretty quick, I'm already 70 hours and I'm still in chapter 6. I'm trying to farm a little bit the dungeons right now, but I have some questions. Can you tell which ones are the best to farm the dragon items? So far until now, I completed the 40 dungeons and did like 10-15 extra and I barely received 1-2 dragon items in all of them. I just saw the sword that requires 20 of the three.

The very last battle dungeon 3-20 is the best place to farm dragon items. Had 2 maxed out item drop seals on the fire sword and 3 item drop seals on a vortex. Main strat to really breeze through the level, is to hit all 6 grunts once to remove armor, and then switch over to the boss and remove his armor. Then after I used a combination of the 4 man wild dancer heat action to do 1k+ damage to everyone and then hit the boss in gunner with the vortex gun until he got up/did an action and then I switched back to wild dancer and repeated. 

For battle cards I had Nishitani card as my corporal with Ichiban and an aoe card as my support. If you combine the nishitani active with Ichiban damage boost active, that skill combo alone does 40% of the bosses health.

Once you get into a groove you can finish the whole level in like 60 seconds or under.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Galserik said:

KHHsubs' guide for the material locations is still accurate for the Battle Dungeon. The only thing that's changed in Ishin Kiwami is the addition of weaponry dropping from enemies. So it's still Sanada Stronghold 20.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XImagineBreakerX said:

The very last battle dungeon 3-20 is the best place to farm dragon items. Had 2 maxed out item drop seals on the fire sword and 3 item drop seals on a vortex. Main strat to really breeze through the level, is to hit all 6 grunts once to remove armor, and then switch over to the boss and remove his armor. Then after I used a combination of the 4 man wild dancer heat action to do 1k+ damage to everyone and then hit the boss in gunner with the vortex gun until he got up/did an action and then I switched back to wild dancer and repeated. 

For battle cards I had Nishitani card as my corporal with Ichiban and an aoe card as my support. If you combine the nishitani active with Ichiban damage boost active, that skill combo alone does 40% of the bosses health.

Once you get into a groove you can finish the whole level in like 60 seconds or under.

2 minutes ago, soliunasm said:

KHHsubs' guide for the material locations is still accurate for the Battle Dungeon. The only thing that's changed in Ishin Kiwami is the addition of weaponry dropping from enemies. So it's still Sanada Stronghold 20.

Amazing, thank you both! I will try that and see how it works for me in combination with the guide :)

49 minutes ago, Greidis said:

Is there a way to trick ingame seed for enhancing seals? Many of you seems to have multiple gold Greed seals but mine keeps failing on 3rd upgrade.

No, if your enchantment fails, it will always fail until you do another enchant. Load back, put another seal on something else, save again and retry

• Like 1

Does anyone know a good loadout for speedclearing the final dungeon in Sanada? There's a video out there from the 2014 version of the game where the creator just destroys the boss and the adds in 20 seconds flat using just Gunner, but I can't get close to doing that, since my damage is at like..45-50 per hit (Before crits). 

Using a Best quality Vortex right now with 15% pierce, and the % chance to shoot double. Currently farming dragon fangs for the Dragon Hawk, to see if it'll up my damage a bit. 

Not sure if new cards would make a big difference? Right now I'm using a blue rarity card (The card you get during the tutorial) that gives you a flat increase to damage, but I haven't yet unlocked the 10 Ryo option for recruitment, so I've been moving my way through the story to unlock it. Based on guides from the older game, it seemed that Shinada is kept as Corporal, and you just use all Rikiya cards for your troops? 

Here's the timestamped video for reference:

• Like 1