Insane quests?

TechaNinja

What's with some quests like FF V Big Bridge and FF II Battle Theme 2 that feel like no matter what kinda setup you switch around, that sounds strong, but still can't manage to do the required quest?
Would be cool if some of the people who rushed the plat (instead of trying to slow down a sec and enjoy the music) are essentially gatekeeping the plat and providing no advice for others to help clear them.

• Like 1

There are a few parties you could try.
The Dual Cast set-up that has
Exdeath
Power of the Void
Ruin from a scroll or Thundaga
Dual cast

Kuja
Faith
Ultima
Discarnate Chorus

Kefka
Heartless Angel
Poison
Bluff

Terra
Ultima
Dual Cast

Riot Blade

The Terra Go Boom set-up
Terra
Ultima
Dual Cast
Ruin from scroll

Ramza
Scream
Mimic
Weapon Break

Bartz
Aerora Blade
Mimic
Aeroga Blade

Spiritus
Aeroga
Mystic Aura from scroll
Tolerant Wishes

There's no one size fits all solution to everything(as far as I could tell), but maybe one of these will help.

1 hour ago, capnstubing said:

There's no one size fits all solution to everything(as far as I could tell), but maybe one of these will help.

Thanks might have to give em a look over to see how they fair.

My main issue is with also stuff like defeat FF1 chaos who survives my barrage of boss activiation skills despite it working on others so far. And then stuff like kill boss with ice, kill boss with fire, etc. Like I make a party full of double cast, magic buffs and the required element but can't even get to the boss.

And also something like certain enemies that resist physical and take half damage.

And even something like Battle Big Bridge FF V that requires high amount of damage.

Edited by TechaNinja

I like to include Yuna on both my magical and physical teams. Sometimes the issue is reaching the boss quite late into the track, but with Yuna it is a lot easier since her summoning skills are OP imo. I managed to finish every quest under-leveled with this method. I have plenty of time to kill bosses since Yuna’s summons defeat mobs very quickly. You might wannna avoid Bahamut, KoTR, Alexander, and Odin as they take a longer time to summon. Also Kefka’s poison is very good for mobs! 

But take note that the most broken thing is mimic so maybe try to do mimic combo teams as capnstubing mentioned.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TechaNinja said:

What's with some quests like FF V Big Bridge and FF II Battle Theme 2 that feel like no matter what kinda setup you switch around, that sounds strong, but still can't manage to do the required quest?
Would be cool if some of the people who rushed the plat (instead of trying to slow down a sec and enjoy the music) are essentially gatekeeping the plat and providing no advice for others to help clear them.

Just wanna share my experience with the FF2 one you mentioned. I built the dual cast build the guy posted and it did not work, but they were fresh 99s. No stars. Replaced Kefka with Yuna like DarkAnimaa said and that got it for me. Cant speak for Big Bridge, but that at least worked so far. 

I tried what @Haikrazon mentioned and it worked. I feel my main grievance with this game is that you can have a boss buster party that clears up one 10* difficulty, but then completely fail against the next one. Doesn't make sense. I think SE dropped the ball a bit on some of the requirements and enemy stats. And especially with star levels grind requirement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrizz1500 said:

Has anyone done the ffv track "the final battle" where you have to kill the boss in 20 seconds? I can't seem to get it.

Alright, jesus dude. After 30+ tries and staying up hours passed what I wanted, I FINALLY cleared that. After MANY small and large tweaks to parties, here's what got it for me and it had to be like right before 20 seconds. 

1. Cloud - 99 - Star 9 - Ultima Balde, Omnislash, Venom Buset

2. Yuna #1 - 99 - 0 Star - Holy, Swiftness, Mana Cede

3. Cecil - 33 - Stona, Protect, Dark

4. Rydia - 59 - Boost, Feymarch Power, Blizzara

Knights of the Round with 30% summon damage

Done on ultimate full chain to get the summon out fast enough.

That was miserable. I really hope that was the hardest quest. 

2 hours ago, Liz31415 said:

Does anyone have any advice for the Yiazmat boss quest in FFXII (song title is Boss Battle)? I tried the "Terra-Go-Boom" set up earlier in this thread and it just had too much HP it seems like.

This is the only one I've had trouble with so far. I've tried a ton of setups, but raw damage doesn't seem to be enough. Even with a max stats Lightning with Ultima blade, Terra with dual cast Ultima and riot blade, 2* shantotto with Ultima and play rough, 2* Yuna mashing Bahamut, and a 30% summon and magic damage boost on the summon stone it doesn't die. I also tried debuffing it, but the debuffs don't hit until after the big attacks and with the weaker attacks it doesn't do enough damage either.  I'm guessing you need to inflict status ailments to kill it. Probably just have to poison it and then do some nuke damage. I'm working on building up characters to test it out. 

Edit: didn't see the other post lel. Going to try that out. 

Edited by ExHaseo

3 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

This is the only one I've had trouble with so far. I've tried a ton of setups, but raw damage doesn't seem to be enough. Even with a max stats Lightning with Ultima blade, Terra with dual cast Ultima and riot blade, 2* shantotto with Ultima and play rough, 2* Yuna mashing Bahamut, and a 30% summon and magic damage boost on the summon stone it doesn't die. I also tried debuffing it, but the debuffs don't hit until after the big attacks and with the weaker attacks it doesn't do enough damage either.  I'm guessing you need to inflict status ailments to kill it. Probably just have to poison it and then do some nuke damage. I'm working on building up characters to test it out. 

Edit: didn't see the other post lel. Going to try that out. 

Let me know if it worked for you ☺️

• Like 1

The most troublesome boss for me was Chaos Feral in Dissidia Serie, good luck with this one (quest 19/20), it took me one Sephiroth fully maxed 9* (999 everywhere) ,Yuna 4*, Exdeath 4* (w/551 magic), Ultimecia 9* (999 magic) + 4 Ruin, 3 Meteor, 1 Thunder X, 1 Ultima + 1 Ultima Blade  and 1 Alexander (50%summon damage) to kill him at the very end of the song (while appearing at half) 

I don't think any bosses ask me that much in the entire game.. ?

34 minutes ago, Zangril said:

I have two different set ups for the bosses. The first one worked on every boss so far except for Chaos Feral in Dissidia Series.

FpieMrsWcAIThdT?format=jpg

For Chaos Feral I used this set up. For this to work you have to purposely hit a few notes below Critical. Otherwise Fantasy Unbound will activate before Mimic and you won't do enough damage. Using this set up I killed Chaos Feral the second it showed up on screen. Using this set up you'll get 3 activations, including the Mimics, of Tolerant Wisdom and Mystic Aura before Chaos Feral shows up.

FpieMrtXgAAOYf7?format=jpg

You are a god amongst us. I used your build for XII and for Feral Chaos. Spent way too much time trying different things before you posted this, but thank you so freaking much! Worked on the first try! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Haikrazon said:

You are a god amongst us. I used your build for XII and for Feral Chaos. Spent way too much time trying different things before you posted this, but thank you so freaking much! Worked on the first try! 

Glad I could help. I spent hours today trying all kinds of combinations. Most of the ones I tried were either unable to make it there or just barely able to make it to Feral Chaos. Some of them made it there around halfway into the song but couldn't do enough damage. Terra, Bartz, and Spiritus were the first 3 to click. I tried so many different options for the 4th slot but the only one to work was Tyro.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Zangril said:

Glad I could help. I spent hours today trying all kinds of combinations. Most of the ones I tried were either unable to make it there or just barely able to make it to Feral Chaos. Some of them made it there around halfway into the song but couldn't do enough damage. Terra, Bartz, and Spiritus were the first 3 to click. I tried so many different options for the 4th slot but the only one to work was Tyro.

I don't imagine we'll have a trophy guide anytime soon. I imagine most of us launch players will learn from the forums or the hard way, but have you considered making a guide for this?

19 hours ago, brunfilipe said:

FpYjtyPXEAAd3rd.png?width=1179&height=66Didn't use any stat ups and the characters don't have any stars yet

Used Tyro, Wol, Exdeath, Bartz all lvl 99
Set up is
Tyro: Mimic
Wol: Mimic, Swiftness, Holy Blade
Exdeath: Dualcast, Meteor, Graviga
Bartz: Mimic

The order kinda matters

Had a summon that gave a total of + % trigger damage and + % physical damage.

For Yiazmat boss quest in FFXII

This worked for me too! Thank you so much! Now on the Feral Chaos and finishing out the quests lol

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 11:56 PM, Haikrazon said:

I don't imagine we'll have a trophy guide anytime soon. I imagine most of us launch players will learn from the forums or the hard way, but have you considered making a guide for this?

To be honest I don't think I'd have the time to make a guide. I'm more than happy to help out in the forums though if I see anyone needing help.

• Like 1

This party works for about 75-80% of the quests:

Lillisette - Vivifying Waltz, Enaero, Enblizzard

Ciaran - Myrrh Droplet, Sinewy Etrude, Provoke (teach via scroll)

Squall - Dark, Lion Heart, Blizzards Blade

Cloud - Omnislash, Beserk, Ultima Blade

Any boss that has wind/ice resistance gets it turned into a weakness via Lillisette, then Ciaran lowers defense, then Cloud and Squall follow up with heavy hitting boss attacks featuring ice and wind. Enjoy clearing pretty much everything that doesn't involve a gimmick like summons or using only magic. In which case have someone like Yuna / Terra & Vivi in the party

On 2/21/2023 at 0:32 PM, brunfilipe said:

FpYjtyPXEAAd3rd.png?width=1179&height=66Didn't use any stat ups and the characters don't have any stars yet

Used Tyro, Wol, Exdeath, Bartz all lvl 99
Set up is
Tyro: Mimic
Wol: Mimic, Swiftness, Holy Blade
Exdeath: Dualcast, Meteor, Graviga
Bartz: Mimic

The order kinda matters

Had a summon that gave a total of + % trigger damage and + % physical damage.

For Yiazmat boss quest in FFXII

After struggling a little bit I tried this ^ and worked first try! didn't know at first how it will but now I get it... mimic Gravigas where the thing! Thanks a lot for sharing

• Like 1

Just managed to finish all the quests so may be able to provide advice to anyone else still struggling.

Now the 20 in endless world is annoying especially when you get something like deal 5500 or more damage with an ability, WHEN THE BOSS RESISTS EVERYTHING???? And the other choice was to do over 3000 damage with a summon, and even though I had tried it twice (cloud save hehe) with two different elements the enemy was weak too, the weaknesses never actually popped.

For those doing endless 20 stages, usb / cloud save back up is your friend. It seems that the game past 10 will try and force impossible quests on you randomly so you gotta take the hit then hopefully get another one that gives you a life back. Good luck!

• Like 2