Insane quests?

TechaNinja

On 24/02/2023 at 1:58 AM, FateorDestiny said:

anyone have any idea what party and skills can be used to get 60 abilities to trigger in a single song? Second time in a row I got murdered and lost my endless run on stage 19 to this quest. Please send help! haha.

That was exactly the quest available for me to complete the 20th stage, I followed some tips here and in the end my team was Lightning#2, Ace, Prishe and Amphau with their respective unique abilities + the ones that are activated just by the triggers, played it on Extreme using the Simple Mode setting to be able to hit all the triggers that I could, the quest clear notification showed up nearly in the end on the song. Good luck

17 hours ago, TechaNinja said:

Just managed to finish all the quests so may be able to provide advice to anyone else still struggling.

Now the 20 in endless world is annoying especially when you get something like deal 5500 or more damage with an ability, WHEN THE BOSS RESISTS EVERYTHING???? And the other choice was to do over 3000 damage with a summon, and even though I had tried it twice (cloud save hehe) with two different elements the enemy was weak too, the weaknesses never actually popped.

For those doing endless 20 stages, usb / cloud save back up is your friend. It seems that the game past 10 will try and force impossible quests on you randomly so you gotta take the hit then hopefully get another one that gives you a life back. Good luck!

This is by far the best tip about that awfull mode many thanks <3

Edited by rafael_martines

On 2/25/2023 at 6:25 PM, Kensukete said:

Anyone have any recs for the FFIII crystal cave quest? I've been having a hard time trying to get a proper build to cooperate with this one

If you can post what the quest requirements are and if there is any buff then I can give you some tips (it's difficult to remember what the 300~ quests in game are! unless you turn on your console)

2 hours ago, oYazmat said:

If you can post what the quest requirements are and if there is any buff then I can give you some tips (it's difficult to remember what the 300~ quests in game are! unless you turn on your console)

My bad

So Crystal Cave is "Defeat the boss by dealing lightning damage" and it's an FMS.

I've tried multiple combinations and haven't been able to come up with anything good that allows for lightning damage to hit the boss, or the characters to catch up to it by the end of the song when all are fully stacked with thunder abilities

1 minute ago, Kensukete said:

My bad

So Crystal Cave is "Defeat the boss by dealing lightning damage" and it's an FMS.

I've tried multiple combinations and haven't been able to come up with anything good that allows for lightning damage to hit the boss, or the characters to catch up to it by the end of the song when all are fully stacked with thunder abilities

Weird, I don't remember having any trouble with a quest like that

Usually, I just set up a 4 members with thunder / thundara / thundaga (blade) (Since it's an FMS I don't use Yuna) and it works fine. if you are having trouble reaching the boss, try to add someone with Poison (Maria for example or preferably someone with both poison and a lightning ability) and he will take care of the first 2 waves quickly.

Note: you just have to hit the boss once with lightning damage and it will count, you don't have to literally defeat him with it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nykyzynho said:

Dissidia Feral chaos DIF 10 any tips?

Exdeath: Power of the Void, Dualcast, Ruin
Terra: Riot Blade, Dualcast, Ruin
Yuna: Grand Summon, Mana Cede, Swiftness

Last party member is dealers choice but I had my 5* Cloud with Omnislash, Ultima Blade and Aeroga Blade. Summonstone had +30% summon damage and wasn't one of the higher ones (KotR, Odin, Alexander) as they take longer to charge up. Mine was Shiva but again, the choice is yours.

Got him defeated with about 20 seconds to go so it was cutting it close. I was on Basic, so if you're good at the higher difficulties, you'll get more summons/ruins off with the more notes.

Literally did this one a few minutes ago, if it's the "Cantata Mortis" song. Unless there's another 10 difficulty Feral Chaos fight later, which I'm seriously hoping there's not.

EDIT: AW PISS! There bloody is as well!

Edited by AgentSmiz

27 minutes ago, Beamcore said:

Does anyone have a good party they used for Dancing Mad in FFVI. I’ve been stuck for ages there and I’ve tried everything I can think of

I beat that with the terra-go-boom party, but with Bartz replaced by Yuna with Grand Summoning+KoTR. It automatically summons at the start of the song, taking out one wave.

On 27/02/2023 at 10:01 PM, AgentSmiz said:

Exdeath: Power of the Void, Dualcast, Ruin
Terra: Riot Blade, Dualcast, Ruin
Yuna: Grand Summon, Mana Cede, Swiftness

Last party member is dealers choice but I had my 5* Cloud with Omnislash, Ultima Blade and Aeroga Blade. Summonstone had +30% summon damage and wasn't one of the higher ones (KotR, Odin, Alexander) as they take longer to charge up. Mine was Shiva but again, the choice is yours.

Got him defeated with about 20 seconds to go so it was cutting it close. I was on Basic, so if you're good at the higher difficulties, you'll get more summons/ruins off with the more notes.

Literally did this one a few minutes ago, if it's the "Cantata Mortis" song. Unless there's another 10 difficulty Feral Chaos fight later, which I'm seriously hoping there's not.

EDIT: AW PISS! There bloody is as well!

On 27/02/2023 at 3:50 PM, nykyzynho said:

Dissidia Feral chaos DIF 10 any tips?

Terra with dualcast, ultima, ruin (scroll)
Ramza with mimic, scream, weapon break
Bartz with mimic, aerora blade, aeroga blade
Spiritus with aeroga, mystic aura (scroll), tolerant wisdom

All level 99, Terra star level 2 with some boosts to get her magic to 500, but that probably isn’t necessary.

Feral Chaos died as soon as it spawned in

On 28/02/2023 at 11:39 PM, madbuk said:

Terra with dualcast, ultima, ruin (scroll)
Ramza with mimic, scream, weapon break
Bartz with mimic, aerora blade, aeroga blade
Spiritus with aeroga, mystic aura (scroll), tolerant wisdom

All level 99, Terra star level 2 with some boosts to get her magic to 500, but that probably isn’t necessary.

Feral Chaos died as soon as it spawned in

Yeah, yours is a much better party for it xD Setup I put was how I did the first 10* one, which I thought was the only one at the time. Even with the "Summons do double damage" stage boost, your setup wipes the floor with the one I used. Much more efficient AND is taking care of other quests I couldn't get done.

Only thing I might change is teaching Ramza the rare card skill over weapon break, just so I can farm the rare cards at the same time but that's just a me thing.

EDIT: Ah, I see why I shouldn't now. Mimic runs best of Tolerant Wisdom to buff Terra further so getting it twice is better.

Edited by AgentSmiz

1 hour ago, Dwaid_ said:

Does anyone have any advise for "The Price of Freedom" Crisis Core ff7 quest? You have to kill 30 enemies and I haven't really been able to come close. 

I cleared this one with a strat I found on YT, just tried it again to be sure and it is:

Faris: Dual wield, First strike (any of the blades)

Red XIII: Sacrifice, First strike, howling moon

Tifa #2: First strike, Mental break, Meteor Strike

Noctis: First strike, Brawler, Armiger

All is level 99 exept Red who has *1

Played on Ultimate with full combo with a summonstone that increased Physical damage +15%

There are more options than this but this worked for me.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dwaid_ said:

Does anyone have any advise for "The Price of Freedom" Crisis Core ff7 quest? You have to kill 30 enemies and I haven't really been able to come close. 

They die fast with physical attacks, just put your highest strength characters and put as many unlimited abilities (fire blade...) as you can or first strikes,  and use a summon stone with trigger damage +%

• Like 1

On 22/02/2023 at 1:54 PM, Zangril said:

I have two different set ups for the bosses. The first one worked on every boss so far except for Chaos Feral in Dissidia Series.

FpieMrsWcAIThdT?format=jpg

For Chaos Feral I used this set up. For this to work you have to purposely hit a few notes below Critical. Otherwise Fantasy Unbound will activate before Mimic and you won't do enough damage. Using this set up I killed Chaos Feral the second it showed up on screen. Using this set up you'll get 3 activations, including the Mimics, of Tolerant Wisdom and Mystic Aura before Chaos Feral shows up.

FpieMrtXgAAOYf7?format=jpg

This solution cannot be highlighted enough. You probably saved me potentially tens of hours of agonising over party compositions and what characters to grind and position effectively. It's bar none the best boss killing party in the game for those challenges.

15 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

This solution cannot be highlighted enough. You probably saved me potentially tens of hours of agonising over party compositions and what characters to grind and position effectively. It's bar none the best boss killing party in the game for those challenges.

I think, that is best solution for me, cause I try to re-platinum with other account, and that combination character is best for solution all quest boss, almost clear all boss quest in difficulty Ultimate/Hard , just a few can't clear, and I added ruin ability to Tyro, and don't need leveling star, enough 90 lv

On 22/02/2023 at 9:54 AM, Zangril said:

I have two different set ups for the bosses. The first one worked on every boss so far except for Chaos Feral in Dissidia Series.

FpieMrsWcAIThdT?format=jpg

For Chaos Feral I used this set up. For this to work you have to purposely hit a few notes below Critical. Otherwise Fantasy Unbound will activate before Mimic and you won't do enough damage. Using this set up I killed Chaos Feral the second it showed up on screen. Using this set up you'll get 3 activations, including the Mimics, of Tolerant Wisdom and Mystic Aura before Chaos Feral shows up.

FpieMrtXgAAOYf7?format=jpg

Thx for share ur recommend character and a few I upload to my channel YT

And sometime I change summon to other but still same stats, like 15% trigger

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5YH0Faol4IpVA6IxBdm0bmwy928jvjoW

Good to see my thread has helped people to work towards the platinum :)

One question I gotta ask is, what's with the leaderboards lol. When I got plat I was like 104 or 105 or something. Then it eventually creeped up over a few days and settled at 120.
Are people doing some shifty ps clock manipulation or something?

Edited by TechaNinja

16 minutes ago, TechaNinja said:

One question I gotta ask is, what's with the leaderboards lol. When I got plat I was like 104 or 105 or something. Then it eventually creeped up over a few days and settled at 120.
Are people doing some shifty ps clock manipulation or something?

People can't manipulate their trophy timestamps via their PlayStation's clock. All that's happening is that not everyone syncs trophies as soon as they earn them. 15 or so people must have earned their platinum but then not synced it until after you synced yours.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 8:24 AM, amir_saman96 said:

Ff 8 The man with the machine gun; defeat Adel 

the hardest challenge so far imo 

have some a good setup ? Thanks 

I casually did it yesterday with my physical team while going through ehat I was missing for FF8

Noctis: First Strike, Mug, Armiger

Garland: Mystic Aura, Deranged Soul, Bravery

Faris: First Strike, Provoke, Dual Wield.

Materia: Mystic Aura, Bravery, Precious Rebellion

Summonstone: ideally something with Trigger Damage. I was using one with physical damage because it has 30% exp bonus (trying to scratch as much exp as I can while doing other things. Everyone is 99 0*).

Edit: I've got some Star levels in the past few days and swapped Garland to full support by adding Bravery. I got Faris Str up now too so that's a bit more damage output from there too. Most things die to First Strike. I've also since stopped using Terra for the "Kill boss in X seconds" because Noctis deals enough damage with his Limit Break thanks to Faris using Provoke, and can then keep killing more and more bosses since Noctis can use his Limit Break unlimited times. I even cleared a quest with half physical damage dealt when I couldn't with Terra's team.

Edited by AndresLionheart

For the LIFE of me I just CANNOT beat the quests for these two songs:

FF VI - Locke's Theme

*Defeat the boss by dealing lightning damage*

FF VII Series - Aerith's Theme (Piano Version)

*Defeat boss by dealing lightning damage*

These are literally the only ones holding me back from the plat. I had no issues with any of the past elemental ones when I wasn't trying lol

Any recommendations? 

Edited by Snake_V666
Spelling

9 hours ago, Snake_V666 said:

For the LIFE of me I just CANNOT beat the quests for these two songs:

FF VI - Locke's Theme

*Defeat the boss by dealing lightning damage*

FF VII Series - Aerith's Theme (Piano Version)

*Defeat boss by dealing lightning damage*

These are literally the only ones holding me back from the plat. I had no issues with any of the past elemental ones when I wasn't trying lol

Any recommendations? 

I've noticed that slide trigger abilities (thunder, thundara, thundaga, etc) don't always activate on simple style. Try doing the songs on standard style. I had this same issue. I replayed Locke's theme eight or nine times on simple style. Once I changed to standard style, I got it in one go.

Edited by Shemhazat

1 hour ago, Shemhazat said:

I've noticed that slide trigger abilities (thunder, thundara, thundaga, etc) don't always activate on simple style. Try doing the songs on standard style. I had this same issue. I replayed Locke's theme eight or nine times on simple style. Once I changed to standard style, I got it in one go.

Just got the plat! THANK YOU! That was EXACTLY what it was! For both quests, immediately got on first try!  :D

6 hours ago, Shemhazat said:

Lightning abilities never activate on Simple Style, simply because they require you to hit Slide Triggers, which don't exist in Simple Style, you have to switch to Standard Style.

For those 2 quests, if you want to play in Simple Style, you can use some Characters with Lightning Ultimate (Kain's Dragoon's Pride is a Lightning Physical that activates once when Boss appears)

I personally just switched to Standard Style and went in with a party of 4 that all have 3 Lightning abilities

Anyone have tips on Blinded by Light FFRK Ver. quest? It's just beat 11 enemies but I'm having a lot of trouble killing Orphan, especially since there's a mid-boss in between. I tried Noctis, Aranea, Garland, and Materia with all the buffs... And a 4 summoner team... Terra Go Boom! doesn't work because of the mid-boss. Any help would be appreciated!

Edit; Never mind, I somehow did it with the Terra Go Boom! Party with Job Mastered! Instead of Aerora Blade... My Ramuh miraculously killed it after it went offscreen as the song ended somehow!

Edited by Rarutos