How does it look in HD?

I've always gotten a kick out of the old-school Resident Evil's and since this is the only one available in HD... I think I may give it a shot. Plus it looks like a game I could reasonably 100%. :)

How does this look in HD though? It's a bit old by today's standards (even moreso than RE4), does the HD improve the game enough to make it enjoyable to play on a big screen? Or will I really feel like I'm playing a Dreamcast/early PS2 era game?

Also, while I'm here, what're the chances of this game ever going down to say $10 (non PS Plus)? Dunno if I'm willing to shell out $20 yet.

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't look that great. RE4 looks better. Honestly, this has been the biggest waste of money for me on the PSN store. I already own both the PS2 and Dreamcast versions, but I went ahead and bought it anyway for 10 bucks. Barely played 5 minutes of it. Might go back to it later, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

There are some improvements. The light from the lighter actually reflects off of the walls and you can see better. The characters also looked touched up and smoother. That's about all that I remember :hmm:

Nice vid. Fire looks real nice huh? :)

Looks better in HD.

It doesn't look that great. RE4 looks better. Honestly, this has been the biggest waste of money for me on the PSN store. I already own both the PS2 and Dreamcast versions, but I went ahead and bought it anyway for 10 bucks. Barely played 5 minutes of it. Might go back to it later, but I doubt it.

Its for other gamers who haven't played or heard older RE titles. It may be a waste of money for you but for others they are having a great time with it.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 years later...

It's not awful but graphic-wise it's the port that looks most unrefined of all the ports. The Chronicles series, Revelations 1 and RE4 are also ports/remasters and look much better, more so because they were ported from better consoles. Regardless, I had lots of fun, it's certainly one of the best RE games of the tank control era.