Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes General Discussion

Ground-Zeroes-PS4-5.jpg

Anyone else excited for this game? I'll be going to the midnight release and I can't wait to see how a Metal Gear game will play on the PlayStation 4. 

Here is some PS4 gameplay if you haven't seen it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDNi4NPm7FU

Looks absolutely awesome. 

As always, possible spoilers below. I do ask that if you are posting spoilers, please use the spoiler tags. 

Parker

Very excited, but I'm going to wait until later on before I pick this up. I need to play Peace Walker first  <_< I'm not familiar at all with that particular entry of the series, so I don't want to jump into Ground Zeroes just yet.

• Like 1

Hell yeah am I excited for this game! I'm already doing my tomorrow's school to-do crap, just so I can play the game tomorrow at midnight, as I already snatched the game for the PS3 digitally through PSN just for $20!

I ordered mine from GameStop. I'm not sure if this means i get the pre-ordered stuff though since I only ordered it recently on Friday. If not, oh well. Can't wait to play it though.

I ordered mine from GameStop. I'm not sure if this means i get the pre-ordered stuff though since I only ordered it recently on Friday. If not, oh well. Can't wait to play it though.

You should. I've pre-ordered games on the day before release just to get pre-order bonuses and it has always worked for me. 

Parker

• Like 1

I just picked this up this afternoon, really excited for it despite all the criticism its been receiving. From the confusion as to why the game has been split into two standalone titles to its pricing structure and length.

I won't be playing till tomorrow though, im tired as fk! school sux!

My first playthrough was short (about an hour and a half) but goddamn it was fun. Snake controls wonderfully, even better than Metal Gear Solid 4 and the game is stunningly gorgeous. I really like in the second part if the mission it doesn't hold your hand and tell you exactly where to go, you have to figure it out yourself which encourages some exploration. 

Once you beat the game once you unlock a lot of challenges and I'm definitely going back to try and complete those. 

Parker

• Like 1

Ground-Zeroes-PS4-5.jpg

Anyone else excited for this game? I'll be going to the midnight release and I can't wait to see how a Metal Gear game will play on the PlayStation 4. 

Here is some PS4 gameplay if you haven't seen it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDNi4NPm7FU

Looks absolutely awesome. 

As always, possible spoilers below. I do ask that if you are posting spoilers, please use the spoiler tags. 

Parker

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/03/18/metal-gear-solid-5-ground-zeroes-completed-in-10-minutes

10 minutes to beat? pretty crazy!

Well the "2h game" part is for just doing the story which is only 1 mission and took me about an hour and a half. Judging on having to possibly replay missions for the S rank trophies and the 4(or was it 5 I don't remember)side missions Id guess 7-9 hours

Edited by LeonXilofin

The 1st mission took me an hour and 40min, i have done all the side missions you unlock after words and just unlocked deja vu in the process of doing the objectives on that, from the stats i am getting so far i have played for about 6 hours, and there is still a lot to do and trophies to unlock, thus far it has been worth every penny =D

• Like 1