Game crashing when connecting to Ubisoft servers

Whenever I attempt to connect to the Ubisoft servers for this version of the game, my game freezes and my console bricks.  I have tried on the PS4 version, and on other accounts with the PS3 version and this does not occur, so there is something wrong with my account and the PS3 servers.  I recently changed my PSN username and am wondering if this is the issue and if there is a work around becuase I would like to play this online so I can get the platinum and play the DLC.  I have already tried thorughly cleaning the disk, deleting and reinstalling the game data, and deleting the save data with my old PSN and none of those worked.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I just solved this problem. I couldn't play the game with the same symptoms and tried many ways. After logging in to the Ubisoft homepage, I disconnected the psn of my account, accessed the game, created a new Ubisoft ID in the game, and played the game just now without any problems. If the console is turned off and on, the game may stop again during the connection process. At this time, if you disconnect from the homepage again and create a new Ubisoft ID, it will work normally again.

This also happened to me. I have multiple accounts and multiple machines, and it was happening on all of them, so this was most definitely not an issue caused by your name change. As usual, Ubisoft is to blame. A quick solution I found was to simply start the game offline, then log in via multiplayer. I'm guessing the problem has something to do with Uplay, since the crashes seemed to coincide with the icon popping up.

As if I didn't hate Uplay enough already, crashing the PS3 and forcing a complete reboot is yet another reason why this DRM crap should be banned.

14 hours ago, Zero_NT said:

I just solved this problem. I couldn't play the game with the same symptoms and tried many ways. After logging in to the Ubisoft homepage, I disconnected the psn of my account, accessed the game, created a new Ubisoft ID in the game, and played the game just now without any problems. If the console is turned off and on, the game may stop again during the connection process. At this time, if you disconnect from the homepage again and create a new Ubisoft ID, it will work normally again.

This worked!  The issue seemed to be that my PS3 was still linked to the old Uplay/ Ubisoft Connect while my PS4 was linked to the new one.  Once I unlinked my online progress was ported over and I can load the SP without Edward freezing in the Animus.  Thank you so much for the suggestion.

The problem started at the beginning of this week. It's uplay. They for sure fiddled with something again and when you contact support or the forum they act innocent and tell you that it's your internet.

You can:

- play single player offline

- for MP: boot the game signed out of PSN, select multiplayer, press start at Animus screen, you're prompted to sign into PSN

Not sure if a "late sign in" works for single player as you need uplay for Sharing is Caring.

edit: updated info for workaround

Edited by Cloud_SOLDAT
update
  • Like 1

Ubisoft really are useless. On Assassins Creed 3 there's an issue now with 3 and Revelations where booting the game will cause the game to get stuck in a repeated loop as the game tries to connect to the now non existent server. You can also no longer redeem purchased dlc through in game menu since they disabled that ability too with the server shutdown. Ubisoft really fucked up handling of 7th gen servers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm running into problems too. At first it would create a new save but get stuck and freeze my PS3. Then it would freeze at loading screens for a new save. Finally, it would freeze at "logging in to Ubisoft servers" screen. It definitely feels like something Ubisoft screwed up trying to do something else (like take down the servers for Assassin's Creed PS3 games that were supposed to shut down).

9 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Yeah, I'm running into problems too. At first it would create a new save but get stuck and freeze my PS3. Then it would freeze at loading screens for a new save. Finally, it would freeze at "logging in to Ubisoft servers" screen. It definitely feels like something Ubisoft screwed up trying to do something else (like take down the servers for Assassin's Creed PS3 games that were supposed to shut down).

Disconnecting your PSN from Ubisoft Connect will fix the crashing at the main menu problems.  For Sharing Is Caring (which requires an active Ubisoft Connect account) see the thread about that specific trophy for the solution.  From what I have read this worked perfectly normally up to February 24ish, so there was definitely some attempt to fix something that wasn't broken

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having troubles as well. I just delinked my PSN account from UBICLUB and I encountered no issues so far.

Sad thing is I can't reclaim the game's rewards that you had to trade UBI points for.

Any way I can get them back? Not just for this game, but for Far Cary 3 and Watchdogs also. Any insight would be appreciated.

7 hours ago, Ghanupher said:

I'm having troubles as well. I just delinked my PSN account from UBICLUB and I encountered no issues so far.

Sad thing is I can't reclaim the game's rewards that you had to trade UBI points for.

Any way I can get them back? Not just for this game, but for Far Cary 3 and Watchdogs also. Any insight would be appreciated.

once you relink you get them back, so you either play this one without them, or delete your entire friends list while you are playing (see the thread about Sharing is Caring for more info on that as it is tied to this problem)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ClockworkArtemis said:

once you relink you get them back, so you either play this one without them, or delete your entire friends list while you are playing (see the thread about Sharing is Caring for more info on that as it is tied to this problem)

Ok. Will try to relink my PSN account and see what happens. Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Xz_W1llyaN_zX said:

Did you find any other method? Does this method you said manage to get the social chests for PS3? can someone tell me please

Check the thread for Sharing is Caring to see the fix for that one.  This method only fixes the crashing on login but does not allow for social events 

• 1 month later...

Hello I am currently trying to platinum all of the AC games I own before Mirage comes out and I own AC4 on PS3 and every time I try to play online it crashes my whole PS3. When I play AC3 and Rogue on PS3 there is no problem. I bought the technology timesaver, but it hasn’t shown up in game. I am completely unable to play online without the game freezing. Is there anyway I can get the dlc while playing offline or nah. Thanks and happy hunting. 

On 6/7/2023 at 8:30 PM, TheCrow022 said:

Hello I am currently trying to platinum all of the AC games I own before Mirage comes out and I own AC4 on PS3 and every time I try to play online it crashes my whole PS3. When I play AC3 and Rogue on PS3 there is no problem. I bought the technology timesaver, but it hasn’t shown up in game. I am completely unable to play online without the game freezing. Is there anyway I can get the dlc while playing offline or nah. Thanks and happy hunting. 

Check the thread for Sharing is Caring for a full description of the freezing on launch fix.  As for the timesaver, how far in are you?  You may not be seeing it because you need to be at a certain point in the story first, pretty sure its around sequence 4

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2023 at 10:02 PM, ClockworkArtemis said:

Check the thread for Sharing is Caring for a full description of the freezing on launch fix.  As for the timesaver, how far in are you?  You may not be seeing it because you need to be at a certain point in the story first, pretty sure its around sequence 4

Hey little late to the thread but i just wanted your help i've been getting freezing issues on my ps3 7 times now i don't need any mp or kenway fleets the only trophies im missing are all offline i unlinked my ubisoft account and played offline and it still freezes any suggestions?

• 6 months later...

Offline trick doesn't seem to work anymore for who knows what reason. My Ubisoft ID is still the same on both PS3 & PS4. 

If I choose to unlink my Ubisoft account and relink, will I be losing any of my levels in the multiplayer?